xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
veerumits

How To Complete Remove Internet Explorer From Windows Xp defaut internet explorer can be remove

I want to completely remove default internet explorer on windows XP operating system. for this what i do ?
actually i installed new version of internet explorer in my operating system and when i open that IE from this old version automatically open in my desktop.
i aso install mozila firefox3.0, when i open this on one opening a new one in advance open. thus i want to completely remove my old IE from OS always either opening IE or Moziall a site is open https://www.google.co.in/?gws_rd=ssl i want any how this is not happened what i explore only that site is open.

please welcome to suggetion.

thanks

If I read your post right you want to make Firefox your default browser instead of Internet Explorer right? Go to Tools > options > Click Advance Tab > the make sure to click on the General Tab. Then click on the check box that says "Always check to see if firefox is the default browser", after that close the browsers and then just open Firefox and it will ask if you to make this the default browser and click yes.However, if you want to remove the browser entirely, then go to Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Then Click Add/Remove Window Components and then deselect Internet Explorer. Remember though once you do this you might have problems updating your Windows XP since it needs the Internet Explorer browser to download the updates.

The way that I have done it in the past. maybe the right way or the wrong way but has worked for me is to. set your FF or other browser as your Default browser. then go under windower explorer looking for your IE and delete it since you upgraded I take it from IE 6 to IR 7 you may also want to open your control panel and add and remove programs and see if your newer IE is there. Honestly my IE is still 6 I never upgraded it. have used IE 7 before and hate it. GL

Edited by Echo_of_thunder (see edit history)

There really is no reason to uninstall Internet Explorer. Just delete the links to it and make FireFox your default browser. Just opening FireFox should ask if you would like to do that.As for wiping IE, it's a small program as far as I know, and if it isn't running then it isn't taking up resources, so I would leave it. Who knows, one day you may really need it for something.

Why would someone uninstall IE? Even though Firefox is better than IE and becoming a standard in almost all PCs with internet access, Firefox still cannot show some sites correctly. You'll still need IE for that matter and it would be really a downer if you'll be installing it again. Also, Windows always uses IE to connect to the internet.

I will second leaving Internet Explorer alone and just getting rid of the links to it so that you won't have to deal with it (for the most part). Set Firefox to be your default browser (which it should have offered for you to do initially) and you should be all set.You can't exactly remove Internet Explorer from Windows, as it is basically Explorer, which is your file/window manager within Windows. There is a way to completely wipe it off of your Windows installation, but it's more of a pain and doesn't bring much benefit as much as anyone would think it would.

I congratulate you in asking how to remove that stupid browser off your PC. If you want to sign the petition for getting rid off from IE, click the link in my sig.

Anyways, don't listen the other guys — a safe way of removing Windows components exists, but you have to pay for it, but fortunately you can try how it'll look. You can remove whatever you want, and it's perfect because it removes the tight integration of IE with Windows Explorer and makes WinExporer several times faster than usual! :P

It's name? If you are ready to pay and you have to use Windows, their names are XPLite, 2000Lite and Win98Lite and all of them can be found on LitePC's page.

If you aren't ready to pay... Several clicks away!! :P

Anyways, don't listen the other guys a safe way of removing Windows components exists, but you have to pay for it, but fortunately you can try how it'll look. You can remove whatever you want, and it's perfect because it removes the tight integration of IE with Windows Explorer and makes WinExporer several times faster than usual! :P

It's name? If you are ready to pay and you have to use Windows, their names are XPLite, 2000Lite and Win98Lite and all of them can be found on LitePC's page.

I did some homework on this gig that you're promoting and as a natural skeptic, I wasn't too keen on the sales pitch that they attempted with their website. Looking at some peer reviews, I discovered that there is a free alternative called nLite which I will give a try just for giggles to see if it actually does any good for my work laptop.

Source

nLite site

I did some homework on this gig that you're promoting and as a natural skeptic, I wasn't too keen on the sales pitch that they attempted with their website. Looking at some peer reviews, I discovered that there is a free alternative called nLite which I will give a try just for giggles to see if it actually does any good for my work laptop.
Source
nLite site

Well yeah, I knew of that. But I didn't remember of it at the moment I was writing that, so I wrote the other non-free (as in beer) alternative I knew. nLite is really good, too bad it's XP and Vista only because older Windows OSs' are better for carrying on a USB stick (though I see no point of that when pendrivelinux exists) :P

you cannot uninstall internet explorer completely in in windows xp, any muppet who says you can doesnt know what there talking about . You can take it out of windows component uninstall it in the add remove programs and even tell it to be disabled in set program access and defaults page . But you then try running the update windows webiste link in update in the control panel. And he presto it is still there after all. And if you havent told it to stop asking it will then try to have you click to set it back as default , even though it so call has been uninstalled removed and blocked .  

IE is an inbuilt browser with the MS Windows, so I am not sure if you can remove IE completely. You can try a different browser, which wont harm your web browsing experience.

It is true that removing IE from your windows OS cannot be done without causing other problems within the OS itself. IE shares many system files that are needed by the OS. If you were to remove IE completely you also will be removing important DLL files which windows still needs for other tasks. Also when removing IE you may break compatibility with some 3rd party applications that call IE directly as part of the application's functionality.(rather than launching default browser) In these cases your computer could become unstable or freeze due to the application waiting for a response from IE and never getting one. As has already been mentioned, setting Firefox as your default browser is a far better solution. You can easily remove any icons on your desktop and in your start menu to make IE look like it is gone, but having it there will save you a ton of hassle down the road.

Using nLite or similar will work if you for some unknown reason you NEED to rid your system of IE, however the 3rd party applications that call IE directly will still crash or freeze.

One other option could be to rid yourself of windows all together. Try one of the many free linux distros out there. This option may seem crazy but to be honest I have found that users who have a hate for Microsoft products all end up with linux eventually anyway. Maybe now would be a good time to learn linux. If you decide to try this route, I suggest Kubuntu as your linux choice. Kubuntu is built on Ubuntu and offers a very user friendly and easy to learn desktop. Just google for Kubuntu and see if you might like it! :)

Go into control panel, Add and remove programs..... Click on add and remove windows components.... Once the page loads with windows programs in them just uncheck internet explorer and click next..... Ur done...

This makes me crazy. No, you shouldn't remove ie, but sometimes it is required to remove it as a temporary messure to install older sofware that requires an early version of ie as part of the install check, then reinstall current ie version. IE cannot be uninstalled, only major components can be hacked out of the system to disable it, usualy with unplaesant results for the system. The question asked is"How do I REMOVE IE from my system?" There is no easy way but I have seen and used forum directions in the past to find the correct file files to remove without completely damaging windowz functioning. I'm still looking. Prob give up looking and just hack the guts out of it the hard way.