xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Domain Name, Mine Or There's who really owns the name?

This afternoon I did a little searching around on google and found this site. whois.net For the heck of it I ran my site's domain name. I saw nothing of My Real name or anything that would point me as the owner of this name only xisto's Who really own's the domain? This kind of has me a bit worried. Could they just sell that name if made a good offer? I bought my domain using the mycents which we all know isnt real money same with the hosting plan. What is the deal here. wanted to ask here before I sent in any ticket asking this. I know they have there own problems than just to answer a question like this. I hope someone here in Xisto has the answer.

Hello echo :-)I would like to put my view for your question. I dont think that the domain is fully yours. Because they have already mentioned that a domain purchased with myCENT is not fully under your possession. They reserve many of the rights to ur domain. And dont worry they are not going to sell it because they have many other important work instead of selling our domains and hosting :PAnd also they are trust worthy as they already are a big organization now so they are not going to any thing like this, I hope.

Hello echo :-)I would like to put my view for your question. I dont think that the domain is fully yours. Because they have already mentioned that a domain purchased with myCENT is not fully under your possession. They reserve many of the rights to ur domain. And dont worry they are not going to sell it because they have many other important work instead of selling our domains and hosting :P
And also they are trust worthy as they already are a big organization now so they are not going to any thing like this, I hope.

So I guess what your saying is, when I renew my domain name if I want full control I best pay for it in real cash? same with my hosting.

I think that's basically it. That said, I paid for the last little chunk of my domain with PayPal (as I wanted it as soon as possible, and didn't fancy waiting to get the extra MyCENTs), so surely that means I'd have the full rights to the domain that I'd transferred? Also bear in mind that you likely ticked the box that said something along the lines of "free ID protection", so they probably adopt a system similar to that provided by my last registrar and have WHOIS results turn up as Xisto rather than your name. Interesting question, though.

Yes my friend you got it right. If you want the full control of your domain you do have to buy it with real cash and then you will have full control. Because buying with real cash is same as if you have bought it from any other domain registering site such as register.comRegardsragav.bpl

Yes my friend you got it right. If you want the full control of your domain you do have to buy it with real cash and then you will have full control. Because buying with real cash is same as if you have bought it from any other domain registering site such as register.comRegards
ragav.bpl

And what if you do half and half, like I did? :P

Anyway, last I checked Xisto treated MyCENTs exactly like real cash, regardless of the fact that they're not getting anything for it as such. I'll admit the fact that they're able to register domains without actually being given money does seem a little odd, but I'm sure that they make up for it in many other ways. Still, that's not the point I'm trying to get across. I still reckon that the fact that your name didn't appear on the WHOIS information is something to do with the ID protection. I'll let you know myself when my domain gets transferred over (with ID protection, but currently blocked by my previous registrar's WhoisGuard, or somesuch). Should be in a few days, as I registered for the transfer today.

Simple answer.

You ticked the box that said 'Free ID protection' when you bought the domain — and good for you that you did that because you may get unsolicited spam mails in your email you entered in your contact details.

There is nothing more into it.

ps.: btw, I think that you own the whole domain, nevermind that it's bought with MyCENTs because as Mordent said, those money are threated like real money, and they pay the domains with their own money, because they get a big revenue (by my calculations at least :P) by the ads that are clicked whenever a user enters the 'low-fi' version from a Google search and those that appear below the header for the unregistered users on the main page. And lets not forget Kontera :P

According to Xisto you own the domain. Even when it was the 240 normal credits for a domain, it was 100% yours.The lack of information is due to ID protection, of which many places actually charge extra for.If you want the ID protection removed, I'm sure Xisto can do that for you. But then you will get emails offering $75 million from Nigeria in return for your domain, and stuff like that.

As told by miladinoski and rpgsearcherz, the domain is fully yours. No matter whether you buy it with your myCents or through real money at xisto. You are the owner of the domain. You can do anything like transfering your domain etc.. So don't worry about it. You can't see your details because of this free id-protection option. As rpg told, it will save you from unsolicited emials and spam. Actually that is a paid service at almost all domain registrars, but we're getting it free here(I mean at no additional charge for that option). :P

Indeed, as Xpress states, whether you purchase the Domain with Cash, Paypal, or MyCents, the Domain is yours.Due to the Privacy Protection offered for free by Xisto, the details are not readily available via the 'net at places such as Echo_of_Thunder links to, but, and I know this from first hand experience, Domains are in fact yours. Several Domains I have purchased are pointing to Web hosting packages my clients have purchased elsewhere, and the control for doing that are inside the Xisto/Billing control panel. I own those Domains and can even transfer them to another Domain Registrar if I decide to do so. Final Answer, you own your Domain.

Indeed, as Xpress states, whether you purchase the Domain with Cash, Paypal, or MyCents, the Domain is yours.Due to the Privacy Protection offered for free by Xisto, the details are not readily available via the 'net at places such as Echo_of_Thunder links to, but, and I know this from first hand experience, Domains are in fact yours. Several Domains I have purchased are pointing to Web hosting packages my clients have purchased elsewhere, and the control for doing that are inside the Xisto/Billing control panel. I own those Domains and can even transfer them to another Domain Registrar if I decide to do so.

Final Answer, you own your Domain.

Thanks again everyone, you guys and gals here at Xisto are the bomb.

Although the question has been answered there are a few things that might have been missed, sure you own the domain but since you bought through Xisto on top of the hosting as well, they still have the right to cancel your domain and shut down yoursite for any reason that might consist of illegal activity. You could say the ownership is like 99.9 the person who bought it and .1 the person who sold it to you or hosting it for you if it bought it through them, but you have to remember though that there is a 3 day waiting period before someone else can purchase the domain and so if you forget to pay for the domain it goes up to the first person who buys it. So you own the domain as long as you can pay for it just like any other web service out there.

Although the question has been answered there are a few things that might have been missed, sure you own the domain but since you bought through Xisto on top of the hosting as well, they still have the right to cancel your domain and shut down yoursite for any reason that might consist of illegal activity. You could say the ownership is like 99.9 the person who bought it and .1 the person who sold it to you or hosting it for you if it bought it through them, but you have to remember though that there is a 3 day waiting period before someone else can purchase the domain and so if you forget to pay for the domain it goes up to the first person who buys it. So you own the domain as long as you can pay for it just like any other web service out there.

lmao in other words same thing they all said just worded in another way. thats my understand. Your like me though. just have to have the last word.