xisto Community
bishoujo

Smoking Ruins Your Looks

Three ways on how smoking destroys your beauty:1. You'll look years older Smoking causes the skin to age prematurely. A person who has been smoking a pack of cigarettes each day is estimated to look at least 1.4 times their actual age. That means:A 20-year-old smoker will look like a 28-year-old non-smoker.A 23-year-old will look 32.Cigarette smoke produces free radicals that eventually cause the breakdown of elastin and collagen, the very substances that keep skin soft, supple and elastic. The result: Dry and wrinkly skin, especially around the upper and lower lips, eye area, cheeks and lower jaw.2. You'll lose your natural glow Cigarettes produce carbon monoxide, which causes blood vessels near the surface of the skin to constrict, reducing the amount of oxygen and nutrients that are circulated to the skin. Starved of oxygen and nutrients, smokers' skin becomes grey and dull-looking over time.3. You'll scar more easily Smoking reduces the skin's ability to regenerate and repair itself, thus slowing the rate at which wounds heal and increasing the chances of scarring. That means that if you are already battling acne problems (and especially if you are prone to squeezing your pimples), you will likely end up with more scars if you smoke.So if you think smoking makes you look cool/hot, think again!

Three ways on how smoking destroys your beauty:
1. You'll look years older Smoking causes the skin to age prematurely. A person who has been smoking a pack of cigarettes each day is estimated to look at least 1.4 times their actual age. That means:
A 20-year-old smoker will look like a 28-year-old non-smoker.
A 23-year-old will look 32.
Cigarette smoke produces free radicals that eventually cause the breakdown of elastin and collagen, the very substances that keep skin soft, supple and elastic.
The result: Dry and wrinkly skin, especially around the upper and lower lips, eye area, cheeks and lower jaw.

2. You'll lose your natural glow Cigarettes produce carbon monoxide, which causes blood vessels near the surface of the skin to constrict, reducing the amount of oxygen and nutrients that are circulated to the skin. Starved of oxygen and nutrients, smokers' skin becomes grey and dull-looking over time.

3. You'll scar more easily Smoking reduces the skin's ability to regenerate and repair itself, thus slowing the rate at which wounds heal and increasing the chances of scarring. That means that if you are already battling acne problems (and especially if you are prone to squeezing your pimples), you will likely end up with more scars if you smoke.

So if you think smoking makes you look cool/hot, think again!

Well as a smoker, I agree with you sadly. but I as for being 23 and looking 32? try looking 23 and looked 40. Ofcourse too life can be hard on people as well. smoking is one habbit I wil that I had never started all because I wanted to look cool and fit in with the rest of my age group at that time.

Thank you it was a really nice piece of info. And thats the reason i dont smoke because may be i didnt knew about this but i know that smoking is not at all good for health and it hurts us in .1 or the other way. Thank you

You forgot to mention the lingering smell that goes with it, I quit a couple of months back and I could never really notice when other people smelt of cigs, but now I only have to go near a mate and I can tell if they've been smoking or not, it never bothered me before, but I find the smell very unpleasing now.Guess I was quite lucky with the ageing bit, smoked for nearly 10 years and I still look quite young for my age :P

Well for some maybe but not for me and my girlfriend, her skin is extremely smooth and elastic and stuff and mine the same. The natural glow is there and if we ask people that don't know us what age we have they say 18, 19 for me and i'm 23 and 19 for my girlfriend and she has 22.Maybe if you smoke for 30 years what u said it's gonna happen but i have a long way till i get there. Hope i don't :PMy problem with smoking is not this as i said, it is the fatigue that i get from smoking and i kind of liked sports and even had a tennis carer :P playing professionally for 3 years but now i can't even run for 100 meters without almost dying.

Smoking will not ruin your looks immediately but there is a high chance that it will in the long run, I know many people that look terrible because they have smoked for too many years. Also after you have smoked for a while, your lungs won't looks so good...

Well, if you smoke, light one up while you watch this video...

http://www.wimp.com/youll-never-smoke-after-watching-this/

Wonder if you'll have another one.

That was so discusting, I'll never start smoking!

Hey bishoujo, you forgot to say that it makes your fingertips go yellow. I've seen that on some old people, it's so awful.

I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, I can't figure out why anyone would like to breathe that stuff in.

Here in Finland smoking is against law in public buildings, that includes restaurants and stuff, buss stops and the whole center of Helsinki (the capital of Finland).

Now, I must contest this. I've been smoking 2- 8 packs a day for 3 years, and I look only a year older than I am, if that! ...however the toll taken on my breathing...thats a different story, lol. So I don't look any older, but I definetly can't run anymore. :P Btw. I can't watch video's on my comp right now. Anyone care to tell me whats in that video?Hopefully something I haven't seen yet trying to "scare" people out of smoking...