xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Wal-mart Its going downhill

I just want to bring up some feelings that I have had about Wal-mart for a while now, that are starting to compile upon each other.I understand that they have the "lowest"(usually) prices, that they have great price-match policies, and nobody can deny that they have by far the best return policies.But...I'm getting to the point where those aren't making it worth going there anymore.I'm not sure if your stores are like this, and I would really love to know, but here are just a few of the issues that I have with them right now.1)They re-date meat. This was on multiple news reports, and you can tell if you check many packages because they often just put the new sticker over the old. It's sickening to lift up a label to find that they extended the date by 10-15 days, and that it should already be expired. Other stores do it as well, true, but not all do.2)Their support has been getting much worse. I remember being able to walk in needing a certain item, and ask just about anyone in that department where to find it and I would get an answer like "Isle 3, down at the bottom near the middle." Now when I go ask about things(and this is something that happened to me last week) I get the run-around. I get told "Oh, that was moved to lawn and garden," and then those people say "Uh, it was never moved here... It's still where it's been in *Area you were at here*." This happens more often when they are re-organizing than anything, but regardless you would think that people would either admit that they don't know, or would tell the truth.3)The place is getting disgusting. The floors are dirty, the shelves are always disorganized. Obviously children and even some adults will just toss random items on the shelves (like milk, meat, etc.) but still, it's getting worse now than ever before. Even the bathrooms are getting sickening.4)Their pharmacy people will make up stuff. I was there to pick up a prescription one day and they said it would be 20-30 minutes so I waited an hour. Was told 20 more mins...To cut a long story short, I slept on the bench there for 5 hours before I finally gave up and left. The next day we called in and it still wasn't ready. That's just ridiculous.Now, these are things that I have noticed about *ours*. I want to know if the same thing is happening with you all's as well. Because how it seems right now is that just like Microsoft, Wal-Mart has learned that many people are dependent upon them and therefore couldn't care less about their customers anymore. They know that no matter what, people will still go there.Sadly, I'm one of those people. If there are items for the same price at Wal-Mart as elsewhere(or less), and especially if it deals with electronics, I would go to Wal-Mart in a heartbeat. Why? Because of their "No questions asked" return policies. I've yet to have even *one* issue with returns.Enough about me. Your turn!

Ughhh, I knew wooner or later someone would get me started on Walmart. lol I hate Walmart yes I shope there when I have to but when it can be avoided I would rather go somewhere else. I think the employees are very rude. They will stand in isles chatting amondg themselves and will not move out of the way ot costumers. They are really no help at all. We have a 24 hour walmart and I have waited literally over an hour to get help in certain departments late at night and then when someone finally does come to help they literally know nothing about that department. And yes I agree they are going down hill bigtime as far as cleanliness goes the Bathrooms really are disgusting they need to be cleaned at least more then once ot twice a day with the volume of people they service. And I think one of the worst things they could have ever done was take away their Layaway I love Layaway especially around October, November when x-mas time is approaching. So they have lost alot of business in my opinion when they stopped that. Anyway I could go on forever about Walmart I never have a good experience there and could go on forever So I find I should just quit now!

Ughhh, I knew wooner or later someone would get me started on Walmart. lol I hate Walmart yes I shope there when I have to but when it can be avoided I would rather go somewhere else. I think the employees are very rude. They will stand in isles chatting amondg themselves and will not move out of the way ot costumers. They are really no help at all. We have a 24 hour walmart and I have waited literally over an hour to get help in certain departments late at night and then when someone finally does come to help they literally know nothing about that department. And yes I agree they are going down hill bigtime as far as cleanliness goes the Bathrooms really are disgusting they need to be cleaned at least more then once ot twice a day with the volume of people they service. And I think one of the worst things they could have ever done was take away their Layaway I love Layaway especially around October, November when x-mas time is approaching. So they have lost alot of business in my opinion when they stopped that. Anyway I could go on forever about Walmart I never have a good experience there and could go on forever So I find I should just quit now!

About layaway, I never even noticed they took it out...For me I just pay in cash/credit anyways so I had no use for it.

But about them losing business, I highly doubt it. Regardless as to how much I(we) hate the place, it is pretty much a necessity for many items.

I hate going to places to buy things, them already be broken or whatever, and have to argue with management to allow me to return them.

What we need is for another store with the same type of policies(aside from the "we don't care" one that they apparently added) as Wal-Mart, but with more customer care.

Wal-Mart used to not be like this. I remember I loved going there because I always had the help I wanted/needed, if I had an issue I knew people would be there to guide me, etc. Now when I have a question I find myself either calling a friend/family and asking them, or asking random people(by help I mean like where certain things are located).

I know it's horrible that Walmart is a big facelesscorporation,but it's something there that is inexpensive when needed. Most of the complaints here though ,sound more about aspecific store as far as the meat re-dating,dirty floors go,ratherthan walmart in general. The few times I'm in Walmart it looks clean enough,I don't know about themeat though. The lousy service can be put down to low wages and not hiring enoughpeople. That's just my objective opinion.

I know it's horrible that Walmart is a big facelesscorporation,but it's something there that is inexpensive when needed.
Most of the complaints here though ,sound more about a
specific store as far as the meat re-dating,dirty floors go,rather
than walmart in general.
The few times I'm in Walmart it looks clean enough,I don't know about the
meat though.
The lousy service can be put down to low wages and not hiring enough
people.
That's just my objective opinion.

Wally world didnt used to be like this at all. now that the old man that founded WalMart has passed it has become just another mega store with the corporate bleepaty bleep bleep. It's sad too. they used to have some very good deals and the people in the stores was all so helpful. Now it's better just to go to a Kmart or a BJ's for your goods.

The services that are provided by Wal-Mart depend greatly on the people (employees) that work at each of the stores that Wal-Mart has through the world. If the employees are irresponsible, then it's very likely that their service will reflect this when at their job. I believe that when companies decide to re-structure, it is the employees that provide the less service to a company that are laid off first. If employees value their jobs and are grateful to have an income that helps them support their life and others, I know that those people will do a great job at everything they do! So, I would say, that if people that have been having bad/negative experiences ar certain Wal-Marts, or any other stores, just pay close attention to those people and you will notice what I've written here. All you have to do is kindly ask someone else for assistance. There are always people happy and willing to help!

I agree that lower wages may affect workers' attitudes to a point, but it's way out of hand.If you have ever been to Wal-Mart at night(2-3 AM) for example, half of the ones at our store at least are dressed like they're walking around a high school - baggy clothes and stuff.And they hire way too easily. I don't even know of one person who has applied for a job there that hasn't been accepted.I think their standards all around have dropped because they want to be the "good" guy by hiring anyone who needs a job.I know that they talk about that a lot as well, how they hire xxx amount of people. They are using psychology to get people to think that they're a great company, and on one hand...Don't get me wrong - I don't think that it's a huge negative to hire just anyone who applies to work there, but still, there has to be some type of cut-off on the deal. There is a difference between being "nice" and going overboard.

I agree that lower wages may affect workers' attitudes to a point, but it's way out of hand.
If you have ever been to Wal-Mart at night(2-3 AM) for example, half of the ones at our store at least are dressed like they're walking around a high school - baggy clothes and stuff.

And they hire way too easily. I don't even know of one person who has applied for a job there that hasn't been accepted.

*raises hand* I applied once, when I was desperate for a job and never got a call even though they were 'hiring' no big loss on my part. I hate wal-mart with a passion. I did their inventory for 3 years, i've seen so many different wal-marts. Some of the worst ones out there I'm certain. If there was a best well, It was not memorable. I've also seen some of the rudest people. On inventory day it's their job to help us, but they act like they can't be bothered! How the *bleep* do you expect us to help you if you don't help us! WTH?

So yes, I hate wally world. I still shop there, I expect nothing so I am not disappointed. It's that simple. Thankfully having spent so much time in wal-mart I rarely have trouble finding anything. ^^

*raises hand* I applied once, when I was desperate for a job and never got a call even though they were 'hiring' no big loss on my part. I hate wal-mart with a passion. I did their inventory for 3 years, i've seen so many different wal-marts. Some of the worst ones out there I'm certain. If there was a best well, It was not memorable. I've also seen some of the rudest people. On inventory day it's their job to help us, but they act like they can't be bothered! How the *bleep* do you expect us to help you if you don't help us! WTH?
So yes, I hate wally world. I still shop there, I expect nothing so I am not disappointed. It's that simple. Thankfully having spent so much time in wal-mart I rarely have trouble finding anything. ^^

Your so right on the money with this. I can remember going into WM and being greeted with a smile and how do you do. now your lucky if you ever even see a greeter. I also agree with you on finding things. One person tells you Ile 3 and another tells you no thats on 4 and it turns out its not on any but on 1 or not or they are sold out. I hate saying it being Org from the south But Wal-mart has become a disgrace in my book. Nothing but a bunch of faceless names and people in the market for money. I will say this to there defence though. They will hire the handicaped in a heart beat when no other place will. I will give them credit for that.

They will hire the handicaped in a heart beat when no other place will. I will give them credit for that.

You know why? Because they get a tax credit for it. Most places don't realize that, and the ones that do are doing it more. because they get a tax break when they hire the handicapped. I guess it's good they do, but honestly, they do it for the wrong reason.

Well, I'm certainly no Wally World fan. They are like a plague of locust on so many small towns in the midwest, they come in and just take over, their massive buying power gives them the ability to buy in huge quanities and therefore lower prices, so they can forse their competition out of business, and then guess what? They jack their prices back up again after their competition goes bust and they become the only game in town. All the privatly owned mom and pop shops are lost to the corperate greed Walmonster Oh sure, they have a great return policy. And they darn sure should. Their products are in many cases. pure garbage! The cheapest of the cheap, second quality junk, plain and simple. I've purchased clothes there that allready had holes in them when I bought them. Cheap Chinese imports that fall apart the first time you use them. Heck, their paint even peals off the first time it gets rained on. The prices on groceries at our local Walmart are astronomical, I can't believe how many people shop there anyway, the local grocery store is far cheaper, at least on a lot of the products. We buy almost no groceries there at all. Only exception is the occasional 10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters to bar B Que as those are about $1 cheaper than at the regular grocery store. You can't touch any other piece of meat in there cheaper though. Our local Walmart is kept reasonably clean though, and IF you can find an employee when you need one, they usually are friendly and know where to find things. Trouble is finding one when you need one. But there is one rather silly thing about Wally world that annoys the devil out of me. They hire someone to stand in the door simply to say hi to you when you walk in, but when you get ready to check out you may have to stand in line for 20 minutes, I'd rather see them put on extra checkers than have someone just standing there in the door. Pure foolishness. I noticed that deal they had going that if there were more than a certain number of people standing in line they would call in extra checkers didn't last too long. For awhile they had signs up all over about it, but they never did call in any extra people and I see that gimick didn't last very long. All in all, if there is anyway possible, I avoid spending my money there. Can't do it all the time, but I try my best. And we all should. And something else we should do (at least us folks here in the USA) we should try to buy American made products. Which would pretty much leave any shopping at Walmart out of the question.

4)Their pharmacy people will make up stuff. I was there to pick up a prescription one day and they said it would be 20-30 minutes so I waited an hour. Was told 20 more mins...To cut a long story short, I slept on the bench there for 5 hours before I finally gave up and left. The next day we called in and it still wasn't ready. That's just ridiculous.

OMG!! Totally agree with you the pharmacy is terrible!!!, I used to go there with my grandparents to help them pick their prescription medicines and hours will pass before we could get even near the counter (even with just one or two people in the line ahead of us), they are really really slow, I slept on the bench too one time by the way :P... sometimes you call and they tell you the prescription is ready and once you're there, there's nothing and you have to wait a long time... It just really disrespectful with the time of the costumers!

All that chain marketing are going down due to slow down in the US market.Companies will eventually merge.And the role of government will increase.More jobs will be curtailed and top jobs salary reduced.

I lived near wal-mart ,about 500 meter.So i have to buy at wal-mart ,there has no other choice.But,the status of wal-mart is not so bad,i think.Compare with other markets, it is better all the same.good luck

I think it's good that walmart is hiring handicapped people, but they do have poor quality service. I once spent over 20 minutes in walmart just to return a video game, I everything that was needed to return the game and they gave me a issue about it, although the food court in walmart is some-what good :P I must say good-job on something positive.