xisto Community
ragav.bpl

Botulinum Toxin 100 gm of Botulinum Toxin can extinct humans from earth

This is a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It is the most toxic protein known till date.

Instead of this it is used in some parts of world in very minute quantity for cosmetic treatment.

A few hundred grams of it would suffice to kill all the humans on earth, while if rat poison was administered, it would take 6 metric tons to.

It works by paralyzing the muscles by "attacking" fusion proteins (SNAP-25) and inhibiting muscle movement.

Yet, when correctly and skillfully administered, botox can allow the muscles to relax and have a cosmetic effect.

But yet the rule goes---"1 man's blood can be another man's poison."

For a detailed Description of Botulinum Toxin visit

Here

Source:-Wikipedia
Edited by ragav.bpl (see edit history)

Source - Wikipedia, lol....Uh...Wikipedia is made by anyone who wants to post there.So in terms of this story's validity, it's hard to determine if it is true or false.Do you happen to have any actual scientific journal entries about it?This just kind of reminds me of the "Hydrogen Dioxide is the most poisonous chemical on earth" thing that was being spread around forever...(H2O btw)

Source - Wikipedia, lol....Uh...Wikipedia is made by anyone who wants to post there.
So in terms of this story's validity, it's hard to determine if it is true or false.

Do you happen to have any actual scientific journal entries about it?

This just kind of reminds me of the "Hydrogen Dioxide is the most poisonous chemical on earth" thing that was being spread around forever...(H2O btw)

I have to agree with RPG on this one. Anyone and his or her mother can edit or make a post there at Wikipedia. So is it creditable? I would not think so. It is my feelings only though.

Yeah, and to the OP - it's not saying that the information is not true, it is just saying to be weary of it.We learned in a history class that.."Wikipedia.....General information, good....History and politics bad."I would classify this under the "history and politics" part though, as it is regarding something that really can't be "proven" without a scientific study.

Yeah, and to the OP - it's not saying that the information is not true, it is just saying to be weary of it.
We learned in a history class that.."Wikipedia.....General information, good....History and politics bad."

I would classify this under the "history and politics" part though, as it is regarding something that really can't be "proven" without a scientific study.

Ya on that context you may not believe wikipedia any more but i suppose you should believe the biggest knowledge source n i.e. Discovery channel n nat geo. There have been 2 documentries in discovery n 1 on nat geo. Hope now u believe the truth.

I knw it is hard to believe that only 100 gm can do it but its true....

U can search the web for more detail

Wikipedia is not a reliable source and when you try to sound scientific and such, gm doesn't mean gram g = gram gm = general motors, car manufacturer. When you see something on wikipedia I suggest you look the subject from another site to confirm the information, like an international site based on biology and such.

Even stating that it was on the discovery channel....So was the fact that I'm the elitest person in the world. But don't ask me to find that quote on their site and/or in their videos for you. You can go search it yourself, :P.

Even stating that it was on the discovery channel....So was the fact that I'm the elitest person in the world. But don't ask me to find that quote on their site and/or in their videos for you. You can go search it yourself, :P .

So I suppose that you really don't believe all these sources of information..... :P
OK so there must be something on your mind that don't believe them. What is the reason, why don't you have faith on these source(excluding wikipedia).....
And do you know a source on the web where we can find things with proof.... And i will surely going to dig a scientific Journal out about this topic and let you know as soon as possible.

Scientific journals are the most solid source of information. Unlike the news, or Wikipedia, where people can toss out any information that they want without it being verified, in scientific journals the people who write them detail the experiments, including what they used(where it can be obtained), how they came up with their conclusions, the methods used, etc. Not only this, they put their credibility on the line.Even MSN has had false reports before. They just say "sorry, it was incorrect information" or whatever. Scientific journals can not be incorrect, because they are detailed. It's not just "Here's what we found!" It's "We used xxx mg of this, 3 electron microscopes at 100x zoom" etc.And especially when you speak about poisons, there is definitely a journal entry somewhere(assuming it's even true).

What do you mean Hydrogen Dioxide isn't toxic RPG? That stuff kills millions of people a day :P I have gained numerous pounds from the sugar side affects of that stuff :P. As for the topic at hand, botox has always been one of those procedures that has some negative impact, especially when the botox gets botch and mess up a person's face. As for it being poison I haven't heard to much about that but of course anything Wikipedia says take for a grain of salt but I wouldn't doubt it that there is some toxic side affect to it.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source and when you try to sound scientific and such, gm doesn't mean gram
g = gram

gm = general motors, car manufacturer.

When you see something on wikipedia I suggest you look the subject from another site to confirm the information, like an international site based on biology and such.

Well that is a nice idea but most of the websites try to get ready made content and copy whatever they get from wikipedia because the matter is quite nicely organized out there!
So i have heard about botox but never knew it was that dangerous. Well i think the information must be wrong, just my two cents. Well buttocks are quite devastating though! :D