xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeM0nFiRe

Far Cry 2 System Requirements

Hey there all, so I have a question about the minimum system requirements for Far Cry 2. Now, I know the requirements ask for a Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz at the minimum, but I've seen reports of it working just fine on a 2.4 Ghz. I was wondering if any of you here have tried it on a 2.4Ghz processor. I am thinking of buying the game but all I have is a P4 2.4Ghz processor.

I have always had the understanding that they always use the high End numbers. I may be wrong though on that so dont hold me too it. I know I have played a few newer games on a older PC and they are sluggish and freeze up but still owrk. also too some games when you try and install they will do a system check to see if they will run on your PC. if they find you dont have what it takes it will exit out and tell you that you need to upgrade.

If you have hyperthreading, enable it and you will be on the safe side. 2.4GHZ is sufficient to run Far Cry 2 but the downside will be you will have to disable lots of eye candy to get good frame per second. Unless you have 2GB of ram or a nVidia / ATi equivalent graphics card, then you have slightly more options on the visual / display settings.I am not sure if Far Cry 2 have a demo, if there is, i highly suggest you to download it and give it a try.

Yeah, if there was a demo I would have just downloaded that to play it :PIt looks like I will have to pass on this game for now, though. Even though my video card is overkill now (Radeon X1650 512MB) I don't have enough RAM or a fast enough processor. If it was just the proc, I'd buy it since procs are way overrated for gaming, however you can't skimp on the RAM. I only have 768 MB right now, and it wants 1GB. I thought I was going to be able to pick up some RAM but I didn't get the chance.