xisto Community
rpgsearcherz

Which Of My Sites Is Best? Please rate them

I have another thread here from quite a while ago, and so I feel that since the website(s) have gone such dramatic changes they deserved their own new awakening. If I am out of line by this, please let me know.On to the site. I have finally taken the plunge and gone over into the CMS era, despite my desires. I've finally started to realize how much potential it has for helping keep the site organized. What pushed me over to the dark side, you may ask. My original hand-made website(it uses a template but I added a lot of changes) needed a very small change. Because I had to save the site into 5 different templates because of the navigation bar, it was going to take a while to fix it. Therefore, I noticed that with just a small issue it was going to take a while, imagine a complete overhaul.For this reason, I have gone over into CMS. Now, I would really like you to let me know which site you think will look better for a gaming community. I have put up sample pages as well with flash games, movies, pictures, and have already separated the site into its various sections we will need. It is going to be a mix between a gaming clan site and a general information MMORPG site(listing new games, new information on them, etc. along with the ability for people to join our clan on those games.)On the CMS, I do not have anything up for Vent as of yet, as we do not currently have a server. I will add a vent bar in the future once we get one.So pretty much, please let me know which site you think has the most potential, between CMS and normal. Thanks in advance(for the record, I choose CMS).The site addresses are :http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(normal)http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

As for the forum link in joomla, it's not as good as I thought it would be(with wrappers) but I think it is better like that than it is with it opening in a separate window. Anyone else have insight as to which one they would rather have?(How it is now or have the link just open a new, full window with the forums in it).Thanks in advance all, and I hope to hear your views.

The Joomla one is really bad, what sort of site displays this message:

Site Moved

I know this is bland. Get over it.

The main site is now up!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Enjoy.

The other site is ok, the blue background took a while to load and you might want to use more information to "indetify" your site better. Currently I only see "TakeOver Gaming Community" which signals what and who your site is about. A favicon for the browser bar would also be nice. Other than your site having 0 identity, it is a pleasant site to navigate around and the colors match well.

I rate your website 9 / 10! Really good layout; not too simple and not too complicated. I like the dropdown lists very much. The icon files are good. Everything is good! The 1 / 10 that I took off is for a reason. I feel like something is missing but I don't know what it is. I trust my instincts enough. Excellent Website overall! =)

Great colors! Blue and white goes well with your theme.other than that please remove the large footer below. it's distracting, and I like websites minimal and easy to use.(im not a fan of Xisto community honestly, one of the worst forums ive ever been.) ...my 2 cents..

Edited by kerco (see edit history)

alright...i beg to differ on some aspects:1. the themes gives your site on gaming too much of a clean and organised professional look. I would suggest you customise the current theme or find one with a rugged look and a gaming interface and feel.2. The logo said nothing to me...work on something more gripping and that reflects your focus..which is gaming. Ask for a logo or banner over here..you'll get nice ones.3. Your forums are half-baked. Do your research mate and find a nice template and logo..don't stick to the default phpbb3 logo. Doesn't show your members you're serious about your mission.4. You're combining too many softwares and not customising each one so that your site is unique. I checked out your social community and i have seen hundred site with the same software and layout. Whats going to make me remember yours and not confuse it with the others?I think you need to address the issue of making a member feel at home on your site.I cannot give a rating at this stage. i will keep checking on it and give a full review sometime when i get some air to breathe. I am snowed under work right now.Good luck friend. I wish you success..

Edited by africa (see edit history)

I agree with africa. The site looks too clean, and not like a game clan site. I highly suggest you get a gaming/clan theme for your CMS. The forums look even worse, with the default phpBB theme. Find a gaming theme and install it. If phpBB doesn't have many, I know SMF has a lot. The biggest reason why your site won't get members is the look of the site. Right now I would give it a 3/10, but with a better theme it would be a 10/10!!

Decided to take another look at your site since I did my review just to check on the improvements.You haven't changed lots but you seem to be doing well bro! Only time will tell how big your ideas can let you grow and I wish you the best of luck. I admire your guts of filtering the suggestions and just implementing stuff you thought is right.Cheers mate and good luck.

I reckon you'd do better if you added a few pictures to your site, the information is displayed well.

What is the question?The joomla site is down. What happen? But the normal site looks good, I think that the normal template is good, dont late a lot in load the page and have a good design too.Good community you created. Please tell me what forum script did you use?I want to open my community too and join to yours, of course.P.D. Is the site a warez forum?Can I use warez in my Xisto hosting logic plan? I will wait an answer.Regards.

What is the question?
The joomla site is down. What happen? But the normal site looks good, I think that the normal template is good, dont late a lot in load the page and have a good design too.

Good community you created. Please tell me what forum script did you use?

I want to open my community too and join to yours, of course.

P.D. Is the site a warez forum?

Can I use warez in my Xisto hosting logic plan? I will wait an answer.

Regards.

About the site being down, it's because I already moved everything over (from joomla to normal domain) after I felt it was pretty much ready.

I do have another, much better, more "up-to-date" design but I'm unsure whether or not I'm going to start using it. At the moment the community I ran is pretty much dead (the game we were set up for died on us, :() and I'm too busy to run another clan or anything, so until I am able to, I won't worry about the site. The new design is up 100% and ready to be used though when I'm ready to do so.

As for what I used for clantakeover.com, it is Joomla and phpBB3.

Warez is not allowed, nor was our site about warez.

I don't know... I've seen your Joola! clantakeover site before, and I must say it is much more prettier and much more appealing in visual terms than the main site (your current one). However, the white background and the solidness of your background is more suitable and practical to the purpose of your site...So I'll go for the first one. ;)Good job with everything! I've got lots to learn from you.

I like the layout very much, for low resolutions it works awesome. I would have loved it even more if it centered more of the layout on higher resolutions. The Logo/header image didn't intrigue me that much, so maybe some more Photo shop love and care could be added. You should add some borders where each post starts and ends just to make each post stand out more, I guess only a small line border nothing large or space-taking. WOW it has a font size changer at the top right, this could be useful xD.Overall I might have liked to see more images/graphics on the page, it was bland to look at the page for a long time.So final rating is a, 7.8/10.Pros: Awesome layout, simple and easy to navigateCons: Lacks graphics, header image is too basic