xisto Community
saitunes

Relationships Make You Fat Do you agree or disagree? Maybe everyone is different.

I'll tell you my story, At the start of the year I started to get in shape. Losing weight, getting fit getting stronger. Getting healthy. And Then I started going out with my girlfriend. For the first few months I continued the training. Once I realised things were getting serious my training came to a steady halt. Since then I have gained back all the weight I have lost, and then some (I blame Christmas for the extra kilos). I am finding it hard to get motivated. I think that the long term relationship (Which I'm still in) is the reason my training stopped. Has anyone else put on weight/stopped training since they got in a long term relationship?

Well, its not that the relationship is CAUSING anyone to put on weight, people are just less inclined to exercise and stay fit while in a serious relationship.Making sure you still exercise and eat well around everything else, will maintain fitness and weight.

That is one of the funniest things i have heard in a while! lol!A relationship doesn't have such an effect on anyone mate. What happens is that when people finally hook up with someone they apply the brakes on improving themselves and kinda relax.Be careful, cause it may put off this lovely chick of yours.

I'll tell you my story, At the start of the year I started to get in shape. Losing weight, getting fit getting stronger. Getting healthy. And Then I started going out with my girlfriend. For the first few months I continued the training. Once I realised things were getting serious my training came to a steady halt. Since then I have gained back all the weight I have lost, and then some (I blame Christmas for the extra kilos). I am finding it hard to get motivated. I think that the long term relationship (Which I'm still in) is the reason my training stopped.
Has anyone else put on weight/stopped training since they got in a long term relationship?

I think you should go for exercise instead of cursing your long term relations and blaming it for your weight gain. With your age you become fat if not taken care of as you reduce the time given to exercises etc. Other wise I don't think relations should be blamed for it. 

yeah well relationships don't not make you fat food does.The only explanation i can find is that people usually train to look better. Look better for the opposite sex, so when you are in a serious realationship your brain gets relaxed about that cause you don't have to work and attract the oposite sex. That is why people that get married get fat after, and women stop wearing makeup and just don't look as good as before.

Dear i would like to tell you that i have had been in love for almost more then 1 year(ohhh... it is such good time to have in love with some1) and i have not even gained a single kg :P due to that and i am as fit as i was ..

Dear i would like to tell you that i have had been in love for almost more then 1 year(ohhh... it is such good time to have in love with some1) and i have not even gained a single kg :P due to that and i am as fit as i was ..

Well i was talking about 4 5 years relationships but still 1 year is good. Also about relationships that involve older people that tend to get lamented after the feeling of security settles in. Goof for you. You have a healthy relationship and at 19 it's hard to get fat :P also if the relationship involves a healthy amount of sex you can get fitter with a relationship :P

This was more of an observation. I'm not blaming the girlfriend or the relationship, but alot of people I know that get into long term relationships put on a bit...

I noticed that even though people get fat, many of them lose the weight later on. It's interesting how plump they become before you notice them losing weight. On some Youtube videos, when i was looking at certain Christian comedians and other Christian related things, if you keep track of some of the people as you browse the videos, they eventually lose the weight. Here are some videos as an example: [1] [2] [3]. If you look at him today, he appears in good weight.

So if you say, that when you fall in love earth becomes a little flatter. You have every reason not to believe it or believe it! If you choose to then you will definitely find a reasoning and logic which will fill out any possible mismatchs in your endeavour. So the point I want to make is that If you think that getting in a long term relationship makes you fatter, as you attribute it to refraining from any practices which you were doing earlier. It could have been because of some other reason as well like getting involved in some other stuff.

When I dated girls (now I'm married, I don't mean I changed my orientation :P ) I actually gained weight because I took them out after work and we had ice creams, cakes, sodas, milk shakes, etc., and I didn't have so much time to exercise, so I think you're not completely wrong. You can get heavier when dating :P

Well after seeing this topic pop up before and now again made me think back to past relationships. Yes it seems as you do gain weight when in a good and loving one. I think because you maybe happy and when your happy you eat more than say when your depressed. Who knows for sure if that is the reason, but yes a good relationship can make you gain weight.

Well maybe long term relationships makes you gain weight, first of all you're most of the time eating out and I would say 90% of the time you don't make healthy choices, second I think that the security you feel when you have a stable relationship makes you more relaxed in terms of personal appearance because you know that person loves you no matter what blah blah... but when you are single you want to "impress" other people and make people like you so you pay more attention to the appearance. I personally have never gain weight because of a relationship a'm kind of and when I'm single I'm kind of different I rather show first my ugly side and If a guy likes me after seen me like that then he's going to love when I look my best :P, and that also mean he doesn't care about external appearance in the first place so that's my guy! hahaha

Hell yea! lolMe and my guy, we are both so out of shape now. My Belly used to be flat now its bulging like im 3or4 months pregnant. My guy is round all over now when he used to be fit and muscular. I guess when u're in love you just have your priorities re-sorted out and all that exercise time goes to your partner. And of course, when you're happy together you tend to have a much better appetite when someone is there to enjoy all the good food with you!

I do not completely agree to this fact but to some extent it is true. Once you are in a relationship and the relationship is steady enough you feel relaxed and much comfortable in it. The result is you are in a physical state where your body relaxes and enjoys being in it and you slowly gain weight. If however you're not sick or too much exhausted by your work, you will definitely gain weight. The other thing that works is a psychological factor which tends to make you attractive and the outcome is in the form of physical transformation. To make you more attractive there is more of a hormonal change in your body which directly enhances the fat content or the muscles. Apart from this in a relationship you often go for dining outside and the food you consume does help to gain weight.