xisto Community
Azeen

Lets Make An Rpg Game Ideas For MMORPG Game

I want to make a midievel fantasy MMORPG game but i have no capability of programing or whatever you need, all i know is the plot (idea) of the

game. The game will be simmilar to Oblivion it will be in 3-D prespective. What i need is a few people that up to the task of programing and the phisical

pheatures of the world. Leave the Quests and the ideas of landscape to me (i would very appreciate some other ideas to compare and see if we can

agree to plots and ideas). I was thinking of characters along the line of Knights, Barbarians, Sorceres, and Rouge characters. I know that in the end

that maybe nothing will be done about it but i would like people help where they can. :P

THX for listening email me at ramiro.cisneros0@gmail.com :P That smiley type on top is cool !

Edited by Azeen (see edit history)

Well you just need a lot of money and it's done, it shows that you don't know programing and "or whatever you need" because you don't know what is involved. And you don't realize what you will do i think cause the plot is not enough, you need to write 3000 quest text related to your plot more or less, and that's the easy part.Some have tried this already and did not work so great. If you really want to do it just try leaning doing something not just talking about it, like 3d graphic design 2d graphic design, or programing. Of write the plot and the general idea find some ppl on an graphic forum to join in and make some artwork and try to get some sponsors or something.And by the way even if you have a game in our days when the market is saturated with all tipe of mmo's it will be really hard to have subscribers. For an mmo it's really important to have something new like a fighting system see Chronicles of Spellborn or Atlantica. Just try to invent MMO 2.0 :P

Well you just need a lot of money and it's done, it shows that you don't know programing and "or whatever you need" because you don't know what is involved. And you don't realize what you will do i think cause the plot is not enough, you need to write 3000 quest text related to your plot more or less, and that's the easy part.

Some have tried this already and did not work so great. If you really want to do it just try leaning doing something not just talking about it, like 3d graphic design 2d graphic design, or programing. Of write the plot and the general idea find some ppl on an graphic forum to join in and make some artwork and try to get some sponsors or something.

And by the way even if you have a game in our days when the market is saturated with all tipe of mmo's it will be really hard to have subscribers. For an mmo it's really important to have something new like a fighting system see Chronicles of Spellborn or Atlantica.

Just try to invent MMO 2.0 :P

I acualy have much more than those ideas the ones i posted were very briefe and i know i have to go deeper into the plot. Also like you said i have no

exp. in programing but i have many friends on many online games and ive asked some questions of a game and what they would like in it. I am currently

writing down the story and i am near maybe half way. In the notes of included the PVP system, many Quests ,the different types of parties and many

others if you have a question about the other ideas Ive included in my notes just email me at ramiro.cisneros0@gmail.com :P oh and also i think i will

take some clases on programing ,thx its just im more of a thinking person than a programer ,but once again thx for helping :P :P

Honestly I would love to have a *serious* section for game creating on the forums for ideas. A lot of the threads like this one end up with nothing but "I can help with quests" and stuff, but yet two things occur: 1)You can't find programmers/graphics designers, 2)Nobody even takes any steps into making the game(s) a reality.If anyone *really* wanted to attempt to make a MMORPG(or even a normal RPG to start) I would be willing to give any insight and help with what I could. There are many aspects of it that I could assist with, but I would need to see that people are really wanting to make it happen.I wouldn't want to waste a year working on a game just to have half of the people helping say "eh, this is too hard" and quit or something.

rpgsearcherz: The problem is that, although there is a Game Development forum here (Game Development Laboratory), there is little incentive for serious developers to post here. I've tried to get things going posting some of the projects I am working on, but the majority of people who post there don't actually have anything to contribute. Fact of the matter is, there are a lot of other forums where developers can get better feedback and more information. It would be nice to see some serious discussion going on in there, but it just isn't happening right now.By the way, rpgsearcherz, if you are looking for a serious project let me know what you can contribute in a PM and we'll talk.

Honestly I would love to have a *serious* section for game creating on the forums for ideas. A lot of the threads like this one end up with nothing but "I can help with quests" and stuff, but yet two things occur: 1)You can't find programmers/graphics designers, 2)Nobody even takes any steps into making the game(s) a reality.

If anyone *really* wanted to attempt to make a MMORPG(or even a normal RPG to start) I would be willing to give any insight and help with what I

could. There are many aspects of it that I could assist with, but I would need to see that people are really wanting to make it happen.

I wouldn't want to waste a year working on a game just to have half of the people helping say "eh, this is too hard" and quit or something.

As you probilly saw on the previous posts i have no experience in programing but what i do have is a very imaginative brain and good ideas and have alot

of the story down but i need help putting it together into a game. I have put my mind to it and i wont stop until i finnish even if the game looks like a

peice of crap. :P:P If you are intrested helping i would be very happy i have asked many questions online and i am currently putting them together to

see if it would work out. and as i said before i would like people to help where they can :P

P.S email me at ramiro.cisneros0@gmail.com if you are intrsted in helping :P and i dont want to waste a year on this and do nothin about it

In terms of my contributions all I can really help with is website development for it and all. In terms of graphics and programming I would have to know what languages/programs we'd be using for that kind of stuff.Games are written in so many languages that knowing what one would be a huge step forward.I have basic knowledge of most, but unless I knew more about the exact project(s) and all there isn't much I could do right now. Which is why I would love a serious group. I am a quick self-learner but it's not worth my time if it's not going to go anywhere anyways.

I would say C++ would be a good language to use. I don't know it. At all...Haha.But I could help with any web design you need. I'm pretty good at that.

lol, rpgsearcherz, web development is how I make my money, so I would have to pass on that :P And actually, I am not all that comfortable with showing my WIP code with learners because a) some of my WIP code would teach a learner bad practices and b ) Someone who has been doing it for longer can respect the hard work that I put into it :P If you can do graphics, maybe we'll talk. (If you need to know, the game is about 3 months in development by myself, plus about 3 weeks with the artist working with me. Current stage is engine development)Anyway, to get back on topic, the only way an idea guy can attract a team is with a really *really* good idea. SO, you are going to have to post all the details for your idea if you hope to get any help.

Edited by DeM0nFiRe (see edit history)

About the programming...People make games in java, c++, c#, basic, visual basic, darkbasic, pascal, and on and on. There are way too many programming languages to determine without knowing exactly which one the group would be using as a whole.I do know some c++, c#, basic, quickbasic, visual basic, and some java.

In terms of my contributions all I can really help with is website development for it and all. In terms of graphics and programming I would have to know what languages/programs we'd be using for that kind of stuff.
Games are written in so many languages that knowing what one would be a huge step forward.

I have basic knowledge of most, but unless I knew more about the exact project(s) and all there isn't much I could do right now. Which is why I would love a serious group. I am a quick self-learner but it's not worth my time if it's not going to go anywhere anyways.

Id be happy if you could do your part and if thats what you can do will it just means we are a step closer to the end of this game the game will be called Thrinity (Open to other ideas )

lol, rpgsearcherz, web development is how I make my money, so I would have to pass on that :P And actually, I am not all that comfortable with showing my WIP code with learners because a) some of my WIP code would teach a learner bad practices and b ) Someone who has been doing it for longer can respect the hard work that I put into it :P If you can do graphics, maybe we'll talk. (If you need to know, the game is about 3 months in development by myself, plus about 3 weeks with the artist working with me. Current stage is engine development)

Anyway, to get back on topic, the only way an idea guy can attract a team is with a really *really* good idea. SO, you are going to have to post all the details for your idea if you hope to get any help.

I feel that your a trustworthy person along with rpgsearcherz of my ideas but if you want to know all of it email me plz because i dont want to reveal them over forums its nothing personal i just dont want people to steal ideas my email is ramiro.cisneros0@gmail.com plz email me

I feel that your a trustworthy person along with rpgsearcherz of my ideas but if you want to know all of it email me plz because i dont want to reveal them over forums its nothing personal i just dont want people to steal ideas my email is ramiro.cisneros0@gmail.com plz email me

Honestly I'm fine not knowing right now. I wouldn't need to know unless it was becoming a reality anyways.

The biggest thing to think about when deciding whether you want to do it or not is to remember that your chances of successfully making one of the best games is low.

For me, I would be doing it solely for the experience, nothing else. Whether it was a huge hit or not would be irrelevant to me. Because the next game would be better, :P.

One thing that I do in everything I take part in is that I learn from the first try, and do better the second, and progressively get better as I go along.

I would say C++ would be a good language to use. I don't know it. At all...Haha.
But I could help with any web design you need. I'm pretty good at that.

Ok thats great work with rpgsearcherz if thats ok with him and you or you can just work independently i was thinking of somthing like blue ontop of black
or somthing simmilar. Same goes for rpgsearcherz get together and find out if you will work together or not. As i say 2 brains are better than 1 :P:P

Honestly I'm fine not knowing right now. I wouldn't need to know unless it was becoming a reality anyways.
The biggest thing to think about when deciding whether you want to do it or not is to remember that your chances of successfully making one of the best games is low.

For me, I would be doing it solely for the experience, nothing else. Whether it was a huge hit or not would be irrelevant to me. Because the next game would be better, :P .

One thing that I do in everything I take part in is that I learn from the first try, and do better the second, and progressively get better as I go along.

ok well tell me if you want to know people like you are hard to find ( trustworthy ) but like i said tell me when you are intrested in knowing and yes to

me this is a learning exp but as i said before i would like people to help where they can :P