xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Question Of Paypal How and If I can do this?

Sill question and maybe a stupid one I feel sure, But here it gones.Would I be able to set up a paypal donation account on my site not having or wanting to use a bank account? I really don't want to spend any money out of my own pocket as of yet. but would like maybe to get some bumperstickers and maybe some tee shirts done up someday. I know thats way down the road yet but I have always thought big.

In order to receive any money you MUST either tie it to a bank account (it doesn't have to take money out though) or get a PayPal credit card.

Oh well that's what I thought. Thank you

Yeah, I have my Paypal linked to my bank. They won't ever withdraw unless you ask them to(when you pay someone).If you wanted, you could also link it to a bank account that you never use, assuming that you have one like that.Now, although I've never had issues with them withdrawing from my account without permission, as always there is that potential risk.As far as I know, every donation method there is requires a bank account though, as technically what they are giving you is a payment, therefore whatever company you are using wants to have the confidence that if you fall through on your services, the person who paid you can do a chargeback. And yes, sadly this also happens with donations sometimes.Just like with any other business setting, think about it as a "risk vs. potential" situation, and decide what you want to do from there.

A solution to if they were to withdrawal without permission is make a bank account and put $10 in it. If they take the money, you could fight it and demand that they give it back, or if you don't want to, you could just close the PayPal account. After all you would only be losing $10.

Actually if they were to overwithdraw you would be charged fees from Paypal(legal action) as well as your bank. As far as I know, it may also go on your credit record.I wasn't taking that into consideration when I made my post before, as it has never happened to me. But it is another possibility.Are you guys sure that you can not get donations without a bank account though? The more I think about it, they may allow you to do it via credit card. Credit cards are also more secure. As for withdrawals, you would do it through the account itself, or from a debit card, but if I remember correctly the debit card is only available with a bank account on file.

thanks. Really dont want to add a bank account for this now. Just looking into it for the future. In time I most likely will do all this. But for now just still in the thinking mode.

Just to clarify, you do not need a bank account to receive funds, just to send them. If you try to send anything it will tell you that you need a bank account tied to your paypal account, but otherwise you are fine.

Wouldn't you need a bank account or something for the actual donations though? I know that you can receive without one, but I thought donations required an upgrading of the Paypal account, which also requires a bank account or some other type of verification.

DeM0nFiReI opened a PayPal account just for getting donations, and it said that I could only receive $0.00 until I got their PayPal credit card or tied it to a bank account. Though they may have had different rules earlier on, as of November, I couldn't receive any money.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I did look it up too and found that the donations thing where you are being forced to upgrade is only if you are using the monthly payment type(where people can give recurring payments to you).

Well, I do not have a bank account tied to mine and I received a payment December 19th. My limits say that I have sending limit of $0.00 until I tie it to a bank account, but my accepting limit is, well, limitless. Maybe it's a matter of country but I know that in the US you do not need a bank account to receive payments.

True, but if you're sure that you would accept adding one later, why not do it now?:PAnd if you were unsure, would you really want all that cash sitting there saying "TAKE ME, TAKE ME!"?