xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whyme

Online Begging This guy really wants a Mac

Funny site I came across today, and thought I'd shared it with you: The Newest Case of Online Begging or (Donating?). Anyways, this high-school student seems to have had enough of windows, and set up a website asking people to donate money for him to buy a Mac Mini, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Heh Heh, I donated $3, seeing that he's suffering so much..

Funny site I came across today, and thought I'd shared it with you: The Newest Case of Online Begging or (Donating?). Anyways, this high-school student seems to have had enough of windows, and set up a website asking people to donate money for him to buy a Mac Mini, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Heh Heh, I donated $3, seeing that he's suffering so much..

44191[/snapback]

:P .... Do you know by any chance how much money he has made so far... my guess is if more people do what this person's done it will be made illegal to beg online soon too!

Shyam

Hmmmm....my question is why doesnt he switch to linux if his only problem is that he hates windows? I don't really believe that he needs, or wants a Mac Mini. He jsuts wants some money. Good idea lol...something I might think to try one day :P.

lol that was an interesting website, I wonder how long that guy has had the website up for? I can't imagine how long it may take until he gets enough donations to pay for the Mac Mini! It's kind of risky donating to those kind of websites, because you never know what that person is really going to do with the money. Like imagine after a year and he has got many donations and then he gets a Mac Mini from his parents or maybe he doesn't need it anymore or whatever, what's he going to do with all the donated money? Return it? :P

Anyway, good luck to him I guess... maybe there are a lot of generous people out there online? I found it funny when I read the copyright bit at the bottom of the website: The Mac Mini is Copyright ? 2005 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved. If you're Apple, please don't sue me, I'm only a student. lol

Lol that is pretty funny begging for money. How did you find this site?
I mean i cant believe actually asking people to donate money for a mac mini. I mean its not like he would ever donate money to anyone else. They are just begging for themselves but I bet he didn't even donate a penny to the tsunami.

Well, you can't put the guy down for trying, I mean he's done better than I could've. But that's alot of money he's asking for. Personally, I'd just switch OS'es and keep my old comp. And buy a pair of Jordans with the money... lol That's also a good question, what would he do with the money if he gave up, or got the Mac from someone as a gift? I mean, he could end up buying something illegal, and have the people that donated to him in some trouble...or mabye I'm paranoid?

I mean, he could end up buying something illegal, and have the people that donated to him in some trouble...

or mabye I'm paranoid?

45186[/snapback]

noone get into trouble for donating to some kid who is to lazy to get a job. if people decide to give him money (which they shouldnt) there is no garuntee what he would do with it, but if he buys something illegal the people would have been mislead and not responsible...im almost sure

student wants something he should get a job... i have 1 to pay for my *BLEEP* and im still running the one of the worst os's ever windows ME

Hey , Did anyone realise that there was a donation Button at the bottom of Xisto too.. Anyone generous enough :D

Hey , Did anyone realise that there was a donation Button at the bottom of Xisto too.. Anyone generous enough

The one on the ad? Or is it somewhere else that i cant find. Or is it not a ad? If it isn't it sure does look like one.

The one on the ad? Or is it somewhere else that i cant find.  Or is it  not a ad? If it isn't it sure does look like one.

45318[/snapback]

It's on your bottom left hand side and surrounded by a blue box, it says: Make A Donation.

I usually <- snipped -> to donate to Xistoit works better than donation cause i dont have paypal and no credit card so my way of helping Xisto is like this.}