xisto Community
africa

Whats Your Chess Rating? For all chess players in the house

Hi guys,I was just browsing around here and kinda noticed it doesn't seem like we have any chess players around here! Is that true?I started chess when I was like 15 and by eighteen i was winning big school tourneys and iam really proud of it. I have had a crack at Facebook Chess but it seems their rating system is messed up..gave me 1350 after a couple of games! Generally i think im around 2100. I play the Sicilian defence, and Queens Gambit as white....if you play Benoni (c5) against me..i'll crush you to bits unless if you're Kasparov of course! lol!

I love chess, anything to make me think strategically makes me feel good. I've been playing ever since I was 8, but I've never really played any version that gives me a rating... I have a chess mod installed on my site, I'm currently the number 1 player there. I haven't been challenged in a while, though. (After beating all of my moderators :))

I've never been rated .I just started playing again recently after a long layoff and wouldn't mind finding out more though. I would also like to read up on established set plays.To really delve moreinto the theory of it.I'm sure these set plays are well knownto all advanced players.It's all about time though.Finding the time to do it.

I would advise to read a lot of chess books. After a few like 5, you'll have a good grasp of what goes on during play.Start with opening theory moving into midgame then finally end-game. pay attention to end game because it is very vital and can make you lose after you have been leading on material all the way!After playing tourney or against your pc, you can review your games and see where you went wrong. then make it a habit to solve a few chess puzzles occasionally, maybe on your phone?After a few weeks..you'll be smiling and thrashing a lot of people! lol!The more you read and perfect your analytical skills...the strong and higher your rating.

Edited by africa (see edit history)

My family friends and I used to play chess all the time when i was back in highschool, As black I generally play the French defense or a variation on the Nimzo Indian... I only played in two state tournaments and was initially ranked in the 1400s, I know i was able to beat 1700-1800 players as i played two of them and resigned after a bit (winning positions, up a queen in complicated endgame), but I had to be at the school dance >.<... My GF almost killed me cuz we were late... but I digress....Africa, are you sure you're a 2100 ranked? I don't remember all the international ranks but in the USCF approching master status...Willie, in USCFi believe the average on off adult player is between 700-1100....Forge if you have that game on ur site I'd love to learn the coding for it that sounds uberpimp! On a final thought I am blessed to be in the Denver community where Tyler Hughes is growing up, i met him when he was in 7th grade, when he was the reigning scholastic bullet chess champion 9-12 grade! and he was always willing to teach us...Oh and on another final note, there is a book called The amatuer's Mind by Jerry Silman... you can probably find it at your library buut it is an AMAZING guide to learning the game, I read it once and my game skyrocketed, after reading it a second time and analyzing it i felt unstoppable...

My family friends and I used to play chess all the time when i was back in highschool, As black I generally play the French defense or a variation on the Nimzo Indian... I only played in two state tournaments and was initially ranked in the 1400s, I know i was able to beat 1700-1800 players as i played two of them and resigned after a bit (winning positions, up a queen in complicated endgame), but I had to be at the school dance >.<... My GF almost killed me cuz we were late... but I digress....
Africa, are you sure you're a 2100 ranked? I don't remember all the international ranks but in the USCF approching master status.

I am not quite sure but i am surely up there!

I have played two grandmasters in my life and got beaten once and drew the other won so i'm sure i am around the FIDE master level, if you know what i mean.

On Facebook i am in the 1300-1400 but that is because my internet connection is really slow at times and i lose on time!
I have won most tourneys that i have played in but right now i am giving it a break.

Tryout Fritz, the latest edition or just later from the 6th and you'll have a nice time!

later