xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vador2003

Ps2 And Xbox Emulation

i currently dont have a ps2 or an xbox but i am thinking about using an emulator and playing games on my computer....does anyone have any thought about emulating or have any experience emulating that would want to share info with me about it?? i have a 2600+ and a GeForce4 MX 4000......is this good enough to play emulated games??

I didn't realize they had emulators for the top-of-the line systems...There's a lot of very good ones for the older stuff i.e. NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, etc., but I'm not so sure about the newer ones. Besides, the file sizes for the games have got to be monumental...oh well...

I have tried to use some of the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis emulators in the past, but I've never been able to figure them out. What are some good SNES and Sega emulators out there? And about the Xbox and PS2 emulators, I've HEARD from someone at school that they do exist, but whether or not they really do is another question. It would be great to be able to play the new Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction or Halo 2 on PC though.

best snes emulator is Zsneswin. its true that there are ps2 and xbox emualtors out but they are in a testing/beta state. as some1 mentioned each game is like 2-4GB so youd have to have alot of space and really good ram to play them. id suggest buying a ps2 and a hdloader... its great for offline games that are single layerd, and legal in canada

There is one ps2 emulator on the works:http://pcsx2.net/
Currently it only plays a few games, but development on it has been pretty fast.

Xbox Emulators u can found here:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/

Short review:

The Xbox is a console made by Microsoft. It uses modified x86 compatible hardware and thus it is possible to write an emulator for it. You can also find many homebrew applications and emulators that run ON the Xbox.

CPU: X86-to-RISC Intel Pentium III or Celeron 733 MHz RAM installed: 64 MB DDR SDRAM
HDD Capacity: 8 GB
Video Output: NVidia Xbox GPU 256-bit 2D/3D graphics acceleration

I had a try to use favourite emulator for Xbox - Xeon... but i found sad break on my way.... i still need to buy games for it... and they cost to much for me.. :D

Xbox Emulators u can found here:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/

Short review:

I had a try to use favourite emulator for Xbox - Xeon... but i found sad break on my way.... i still need to buy games for it... and they cost to much for me..  :D

46447[/snapback]

There is an emulatr for the Xbox? Never knew about that. Anyway, for the PS2, you currently need 1 GHz to play a game at 1f/s, so it's utterly unplayable. Emulators are unlawful by Sony, so you should invest into getting a PS2 or Xbox.

I have tried all available PS2 emulators but none runs smoothly enough in order to be playable. So, better to buy a console that waiting for a good emulator.Even PSX emulator have still some serious bugs so I doubt that will be ever released a PS2 emulator that will run commercial games perfectly.As far for the Xbox, I think that because of its hardware, which is very close to PCs, it may be a good emulator available in sometime