xisto Community
africa

Romantic Partner On The Net?! is love on the web normal? when you dnt meet the person?

A few days ago i asked around here if long distance love is healthy.Now this other dude mentioned internet love as being cool so i decided to let the people decide if its cool or not?I have obviously chatted with a few chicks and told em things i havnt told many people in person but to see there is something btwn me and these chicks would be an utter lie! :) Sometimes i realise we all need someone to confide in but love when you really dont know the person is crazy man! alright..what do you guys think. Don't you deny it...you have obviously done this at some point in your life probably arranging a blind date, or phone msging someone you hadn't seen or something like that! Is't desperation that pushes people to do this or people really fall in love? what's ur take on't?

Well I have been dating a women on the net now for over 2 yrs now. I am in new jersey and her in the philippines. Sadly I know in my heart we really have no chance to ever meet in person, but Love yes I do love her greatly and would never cheat on her as I know she wouldnt on me. As for being healthly? I think anytime you have someone that loves and cares for you and you for them, That is healthy. Where is you may be in a real relationship and there maybe a little fighting or things like that. which are unhealthy. As for lies? None from me honestlly, Yes for about 6 months I did keep from her that I was handicapped, but I realized how I really felt for her and came clean and told her.So yes I do feel it can and is a very healthy thing

Well I have been dating a women on the net now for over 2 yrs now. I am in new jersey and her in the philippines. Sadly I know in my heart we really have no chance to ever meet in person, but Love yes I do love her greatly and would never cheat on her as I know she wouldnt on me. As for being healthly? I think anytime you have someone that loves and cares for you and you for them, That is healthy. Where is you may be in a real relationship and there maybe a little fighting or things like that. which are unhealthy. As for lies? None from me honestlly, Yes for about 6 months I did keep from her that I was handicapped, but I realized how I really felt for her and came clean and told her.
So yes I do feel it can and is a very healthy thing

Well thanks bro.

I was talking to some babe who doesn't even live close to where i am and we both fell in love. Many people said its freak but we still continued and dated for a while. Just starting off like that kinda helped the relationship as it wasn't lust at all! lol!

We both came out in the open about our dark past before hooking up!

I think it's a somewhat bad idea. It's never really smart to get attached to someone on a deep level over the internet, especially when you both know there's almost no chance you'll ever meet in real life. I'll admit, I've told friends on the internet (the ones that I have never met and probably never will) things that I haven't told my real friends. To me, that doesn't matter. If you need to or want to get something off your chest, but don't feel comfortable sharing it with people you personally know, then it's fine to get it off your chest on the internet. However, having a relationship on the internet is just... somewhat disturbed. I mean, you know nothing about this person. They could be the same gender as you and just pretending to be something else, be it for laughs, to eventually hurt you, or for other, twisted reasons. It's cool to have friends on the internet of the opposite sex, in fact, that's just natural. If everyone is like me, they'll more openly talk to the opposite sex online than in person, and not even feel scared about it. Then on the other side, even if they're for real, nothing is going to stop either party from just getting a real relationship with a person that lives within driving distance of them. There's no way two people can say "we're together like marriage" over the internet, it just can't happen.

I think you could have a relationship on the internet but I don't know how 'deep' the love can go, especially like Forte said, if you know that you have no realistic chance of ever meeting. Still it's probably nice to have someone that close that you can chat to anything about over the net. I wouldn't necessarily call it 'unhealthy' but its probably best to be careful since there are people out there who lie, pretend to be someone else, or may perhaps not take Net relationships as seriously as you do.If things are to go any further though, you would have to meet. I've had a friend whose 'fallen in love' with a guy over the Net and later met up with them and kept dating, things are going quite well for her at the moment actually.So it can work, for some people! :)

In todays busy life and a world with so much of competition its very difficult to find a good friend to share your views in a real manner. If you get such a partner on net then what is wrong in it. Whether you meet the person or not. After all meeting is also for communication then its ok on net. Very very normal. I should say.?

Well it's a bad thing in my opinion. No gain from it just lost time, because the chances are slim that this relationship will evolve into something. I talked to a girl on the net for one month and then we meet, failure. No attraction i don't know i have not feel that thing that makes you love someone not to say that in person she was not even remotely what she was on the net. I think people are different on the net. Also when you talk to someone and you like it you brain starts to imagine thing about that person, supra beautiful things and u get an fantasy image of the person, so when your meet with your fantasized expectations everything just crashes. And the point of just a web relationship forever just does not gets me.

You're right man. Nothing beats person to person interaction physically.You do get to know a lot about them but in some rare instances you can find just the person you were looking for!