xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bluebear

Tell Us What You Are Doing This Christmas

4 days until Christmas eve, lots of things I should do but I will probably end up sitting on the computer and watching television. Homework in holidays is kind of terrible, but I am counting on that no one else will do them either. :) The one thing I have to start doing this holiday is to write my English application essay for a school. Would someone here care to fix all my typos when I am done with it?

I am also almost starting on my website. The one year that has passed shows how awfully slow I work and also my laziness. But it is all going to be good. If I just start to work on it.

This Christmas will be spent with my grandparents, my mom and two of my siblings. We have decorated the Christmas tree (I just watched), but we will not be celebrating at home this year. It is still fun. I will bake my gingerbread house tomorrow - going to name the little jelly people after those here who are being mean to me all the time! You know who I am talking about.

Can not wait until Christmas eve. In this country we open the gifts after we have eaten dinner that evening, and the food is sheep. "Salted and dried rib of mutton" to be precise. (Google helped me with that one.)

I miss the snow, it is so sad. Everyone else is talking about "the horrible snow" or the "blizzards" that they hate so much - but I would love them.The winter is not what it once used to be.

After Christmas, on New Year's eve, we do what some countries do on Halloween. (Most of us do not celebrate Halloween, but unfortunately more and more people are doing it.) We dress up, but not necessarily scary, then we walk from house to house, sings a song and receive sweets. We are more creative than all those who just say "Trick or treat" on Halloween, because we actually sing a song. :) I just mime.

I won't really be doing much, pretty much the same stuff I do every year, hang out with friends and visit family, eat a lot of good food, and slack off until I have to go back to school. None of my teachers gave any homework over the break, so I don't have to worry about doing anything, really (we do have an extra credit project I plan on doing, though).

On Christmas day , We open our presents in the morning , have a nice family dinner at noon , and then we relax in front of the TV for the rest of the day. On boxing day we're going to a family friends house for a party , and on New Years Eve we're having a party at our house :). Sort of a yearly tradition , except the locations vary :)

Well, i`m doing nothing because I`m not Christ.But i shall make respect with X-Mas.Hope you all enjoy your Christmas. And let`s make no war beetwen religion.Let`s make peace in the earth.:)

Most likely weather permitting. I will go over to one of out local nursing homes and help out for a hour or 2. Something I have been doing for the last 5 ot 6 years. Then come home, get a bite to eat and sit back and watch some football.

Well, i`m doing nothing because I`m not Christ.But i shall make respect with X-Mas.
Hope you all enjoy your Christmas. And let`s make no war beetwen religion.
Let`s make peace in the earth.
:)

Well, I am not Christian either - but Christmas is like a huge, important and fun tradition so that is the point. Most of us have fun with our family or/and friends, eat good food and receive some pretty gifts. I could not care less about Jesus. (Some said he was actually born in Mars or something?)

Christmas eve will find me playing Santa Clause, making sure all the pups get to their new homes in time to bring Christmas joy to their new families. I will be on the road all day making deliveries starting at about 2:30 am getting up and heading to the airport. Christmas day here is usually pretty quiet. My hubbys son has his own family now, and not to mention the other 2 sets of inlaws the kids have that are pretty demanding of their time, so we step back and let them do their thing so as not to stress out the holiday. Ayway, the hired man will have the day off, so I will have plenty of chores to do anyway. Dogs do not take holidays from eating and pooping.

The day will begin with opening presents, and then I'll be going out of town to spend time with family. Family is the most important thing during the holidays, except its now getting to where we don't get together as much anymore which really makes me sad since I hardly get to see them anyways since they all live far away.