xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Chirstmas Gift Ideas What I would like in my stocken

I'm wondering if my Christmas wish list this year should have included more sweaters, woodburning stoves, canning techniques, and other tools for self-preservation in tougher times. On the other hand, maybe the only way out of our economic sadness is to spend on gadgets that will bring a little joy into our daily mess. Yeah. That's the holiday spirit. And on that note, let me say that it is amazing how far digital technology ? from cameras to flat-screens ?has come in the four years GWB took office, So start giving! At least that's what I'm telling my GF and family.1. Apple iPod touch 8GB MP3 Player who would not want that. 2. Panasonic TH-50PZ800U Television Perfect for the upcomming baseball season. 3. Acer Ferrari 1100-5457 Laptop Computer. Rather have the car, but always wanted a Ferrari lol4. Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2008 Software. have to have something for the farrari, right?These are just a few things that I would love for Santa to bring me this year.

Well, if you are big on music, I suggest the iPod touch. I don't have one, but my sister does (wherever she is). She loves it from what I hear. I use an apple, so when I was in the apple store I looked at one, and I must say it is a great way to listen to your music and more. But, if your not really into music I suggest the Panasonic TH-50PZ800U. Perfect for baseball!!!!

Hope you get all that :) I would post my list of wants but my parents are so clueless I have to describe in detail what I want and also accompany them to purchase it xP. I'd like a surprise to be a new Playstation Portable , as the one I have right now is topping 4 years old =(

What is "stocken"? That weird sock?Well the things I wish for are all either so expensive or too specific that I can tell them really. I want lots of new jeans, though I have to buy those myself. I want new shoes and it is easiest if I buy those myself too. Therefore I am hoping for money or gift cards. I have wished for a new mp3. I managed to drop the first one in the river in gym class a year ago, and I think I lost my second one on the bus. I suppose it will turn up the very second I receive a new one. Despite from that I have wished for products from a shop with the wonderful scent of coconut. If I am given another perfume I am going to throw up - people always give that if they have no idea what else to give.Just shooting in that it is a smart thing to check in the different stores just to make sure you are buying the gift as cheap as possible. You can not believe how mad I was when I traveled to town and noticed a big poster with the same gift I had bought for my brother - but about 40$ cheaper. Great. Stupid stores... I hate when that happens.

"Stocking" is an over sized sock that we hang over our fireplace. They're most of the time filled with small goods that don't really need to be wrapped.As for my Christmas wish list, it's kind of empty. There's really not anything I want, so I just have my parents give me money, so that when I want something later, I can get it. Really, if the iPod touch had a size less than 8 (like maybe 3) I would want that, but I have several complete OSTs on my computer and they total at less than 1 gig, and I don't even listen to half of that. 8 gigs is way too much, unless you just absolutely love every bit of music ever made. Mostly, everything I want I already have, or isn't out yet. Or, in the worst case scenario, it's too expensive. :)

Yes, I knew what a "stocking" is - we have the same thing. I was just confused as I did not know "stocken" was the same thing. (Says so in the thread description.) We will ours with sweets, sweets and more sweets. :)

Yeah, I was correcting it. I have a stocking big enough to shove large presents into, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a tree up... Normally if we use that, it just gets filled with smaller presents.

What I want for Christmas? new shoes, many new pairs. Although I dont trust my parent's taste so I need to go buy them myself.A new ipod would be nice. My old ipod (2nd generation i think) is really old and I've dropped it so many times I think it will just shut down and die on me any day now. No preference on the type, shuffle nano video touch are all fine by me. Although about the ipod touch, I've heard the battery life isn't that great? What do you guys say?

What is "stocken"? That weird sock?
Well the things I wish for are all either so expensive or too specific that I can tell them really. I want lots of new jeans, though I have to buy those myself. I want new shoes and it is easiest if I buy those myself too. Therefore I am hoping for money or gift cards. I have wished for a new mp3. I managed to drop the first one in the river in gym class a year ago, and I think I lost my second one on the bus. I suppose it will turn up the very second I receive a new one. Despite from that I have wished for products from a shop with the wonderful scent of coconut. If I am given another perfume I am going to throw up - people always give that if they have no idea what else to give.

Just shooting in that it is a smart thing to check in the different stores just to make sure you are buying the gift as cheap as possible. You can not believe how mad I was when I traveled to town and noticed a big poster with the same gift I had bought for my brother - but about 40$ cheaper. Great. Stupid stores... I hate when that happens.

Yes Bluebear, its a weird sock, back many years ago that is what they used to call socks.

The topic starter has tapped into the burdgeoning, underground back-to-the-land movement that has greater impetuous and motivation than ever seen in modern history...at least in some enlightened circles. During the first depression, Americans were greatly agrarian, had little if no debt, and were relatively self sufficient by today's mediocre standards. Wood burning stoves and canning food were the order the day. Few held mortgages. They survived the first American depression only because they knew how to grow food and make due sans government mammary glands. These shriveling glands, mind you, will no longer avail themselves to the masses when Obama-Nation (get it?) declares war on the working class. He already has by bailing out big money and turning his back on the little guy. Look at recent government attacks on the Amish! How dare they be self sufficient! No one should be surprised, because no other candidate in American history has had so much BIG, Wall Street money thrown his way to carry out the most draconian of agendas. You want "change"? Well you're going to get it, and in the worst way. Consider Obamination as Bush/Clinton the Second. Same criminal regime, different cover. And not a big stretch considering he has gone under several pseudenums in his short history, and to this day cannot prove natural born citizenship. The man was born in Kenya, not America, which renders him unconstitutionally fit to even run for president of these United States. And soon, he will take an oath to uphold our Sovereign Constitution? Oh, the irony! But I digress, as I often do when inspired by fine forum topics, as this one truly is. Nowadays, folks are knee-deep in debt and wouldn?t know a garden tool if it hit ?em over the head. Self preservation? What's that? The masses are sitting ducks for whatever calamity our "benevolent" rulers deem necessary to plague us with. So, go ahead and amuse yourself with bread and circuses, vulgar amusements, and gadgets produced by Chinese/Mexican slave-labor. Don?t worry, be happy, for tomorrow we are offered "change." Whatever that is. Oh, and don?t forget the Prozac your drug pushing white-coat so willingly shoves down your collective gullet. The bitter pill of "change" and Christmas frivolity goes down much easier that way.

Edited by Misanthrope (see edit history)