xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Ftp Help Error messages

On my Site I have a SMF Forum and would like to do some upgrading there. I click on Packages to get what I want to upgrade and it says instal. clicking that it takes me to a screen asked of my FTP well I put in the info and then it tells me, AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED! Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. Well I do as it says and log out and try again. then I get the same thing again. what is it I am doing wrong here?

Hey dude!Make sure your inputting the correct FTP login information, and try use (if not already) SmartFTP. SmartFTP is easy to use as I use it for all my FTP related stuff, like my CSS server etc. Make sure you have got the port, address, username and password correct.Hope it helps, if not please reply back saying something else! :)-Sky.

That's very strange. I use SMF on my site and it never asks me for FTP, but I know it's configured.In Package Manager > Options, there's a place to input this kind of stuff.FTP Server: Port:Username:I use localhost and port 21 for mine. I dunno if that's what you needed or not, but it's all I can really find.

That's very strange. I use SMF on my site and it never asks me for FTP, but I know it's configured.
In Package Manager > Options, there's a place to input this kind of stuff.

FTP Server: Port:
Username:

I use localhost and port 21 for mine. I dunno if that's what you needed or not, but it's all I can really find.

done all that, could it be something happend when I installed SMF? I dont know. and honestly now not really worried about it. Don't feel like reinstalling it and dealing with the data base and all that.

I don't think that the installation had anything to do with it. I don't even remember what mine asked for when I installed it. I would say that you could just install addons manually, but I have no idea how to do that, and I wouldn't feel right suggesting it without being able to help if a problem came up.