xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
encryptedwrath

Do Your Plan Your Design?

I was wondering , do people here plan in-depth while designing a website? Or like me do you just have a layout idea and dive straight in?

I was wondering , do people here plan in-depth while designing a website? Or like me do you just have a layout idea and dive straight in?

Well 99% of the time I do use a Templet in my design. Only because I really am not that good at all this myself. I do have a design in mind though and have been playing around trying my best to learn everything and how too's and all. I know the basics and all that. but when it come's down to the bigger things in designing a site, I just yell HELP or go back to a templet.

I usually start off having an idea of what I want. Then I create a model in Photoshop then think how I can do it in CSS and HTML. After I plan that out, I splice up the layout into usable images and create my template. Then I add content and such from there. It works out rather nicely for me and haven't run into problems yet. If I realize I have missed something, then I just go back and add it.Another great thing to do is use php includes. This way you can include the header and footer (and anything else in the template) then put in your content. That way if you need to edit the template, it is a lot less painful and time consuming.

I do not really plan my designs, because I'm not creative. Instead I just start out with a general layout, without graphics or formatting, and then I slowly progress from there. Most of the ideas I come up with are from people who view my site(s) and let me know what they would change, what to do, etc. It really does help out as well.Planning would probably help out a lot, but I find it much easier to just let it all fall together and keep expanding.

View suggestions are a great thing. I try to incorporate as many as possible. They are definitely one of your most valuable resources. I would highly suggest leaving a contact email or form on your website that they can submit suggestions, comments, or anything else through.

Well, for me, i get the concepts i want to get across in the layout & just kinda paste them (without cropping/any customization) into a Photoshop white sheet, the size of the header i need. & do think it over, until the design clicks in my head, then i start working on it.. 50% of the time though, i do not stick to my original gameplan hahahhaim still a bit amateur though.. im only 17// and no graphic/web design education whatsoever hahaha http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ :) thats my latest design

I usually just have a vague idea of what I want my site to look like, and I start throwing things around on a blank rectangle the same size as my screen until I have something that I think will work. Often what I end up with is much different than what I had anticipated though, especially after I try to create it for XHTML and find that rearranging things differently may be more compatible wither certain browsers and such. Once I kept track of the stages of a design as it evolved, and I was surprised to see how much it had changed during development. But as long as I'm satisfied with the product, I don't care what it took to get there :)

I normally "plan" my design on photoshop, so I basically create a 'screenshot' of the website I want in photoshop and I go from there in terms of coding and graphics and buttons etc. I find it the most efficient way because it means my content is well organized and I know where everything should go when it gets to the coding.

i usually firstly think who will be the user of the design... if the design is for myself, then i just use any color scheme as i like. but if the design is for others, than i should analyze what color scheme, layout, and another factor of designing is suitable for those people... that way i can attract them more with my designs

I tried design my own site from scratch but it was such a poor design i was forced to turn to Joomla becuae their many templates online.How ever when I have ideas regarding design..i tyr to gather as much information about the desing as i can then i ask around on the web. The feedback is quite good especially here at Xisto ..i usually end up better off and happier than when i just do it by myself.