xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bsha100

Webhost4life Sucks!

I had an account with webhost4life and finally decided that I couldn't take it anymore. They claimed to have sendmail installed, but you couldn't use it because any outgoing mail required smtp auth. I had to completely rewrite my script and when I ran into technical issues on their server, their tech support didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I wsted three months trying to get a straight answer from them. Worst of all, I would put in or add to a support ticket and wait days for a rely only to get a generic answer pointing to their knowledge base that I had already poured over. Lots of times they would answer a question I didn't even ask! DON'T use this hosting service i you need sendmail as it isn't functional at all on their servers, even though they claim to support it.Oh yeah, and after they had wasted 3 months of my time, it took almost two weeks to get a refund so that I could find a new host, which paypal took some of. Webhost4life is total bull.

This is the only free host that I ever found that allowed you to send mail through the server, like via phpBB and stuff.Honestly, it was why I came here in the first place. I felt kind of annoyed that I had installed phpBB on probably 30 other hosts and then found out one-by-one that none of them even support the mailing feature of the forums(mass email, members signing up, etc.) and decided to go look for another.I can assure you that this is the best host there is. I know that being that I am a member I'd obviously be biased towards Xisto, but regardless, I feel 100% positive that they are, and have been the best host there is. And that was *before* the myCENTs thing!

That sounds like an incredibly awful host! I have had the fortune of dealing with hosts that are at least decent. I have run in to a few whose servers are slow, or provide funky limitations on things in CPanel. In the end, I always come back to Xisto. I have to say, I will probably be sticking with them until the end. They provide great pricing, the astounding myCENT system, and very reliable servers. One thing I do not really like, though, is having to pay extra for email. And it isn't even that great of a service. There is no structure like CPanel provides. But it is for greater security. Overall, though, Xisto provides outstanding services and support.

I had an account with webhost4life and finally decided that I couldn't take it anymore. They claimed to have sendmail installed, but you couldn't use it because any outgoing mail required smtp auth. I had to completely rewrite my script and when I ran into technical issues on their server, their tech support didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I wsted three months trying to get a straight answer from them. Worst of all, I would put in or add to a support ticket and wait days for a rely only to get a generic answer pointing to their knowledge base that I had already poured over. Lots of times they would answer a question I didn't even ask! DON'T use this hosting service i you need sendmail as it isn't functional at all on their servers, even though they claim to support it.
Oh yeah, and after they had wasted 3 months of my time, it took almost two weeks to get a refund so that I could find a new host, which paypal took some of. Webhost4life is total bull.

If its so then its really worst at their side dear friend. But now you are at the right place just post quality posts and earn for the same. For those earnings just buy what ever plan do you like from xisto so best of luck and have fun. 

That sounds like an incredibly awful host! I have had the fortune of dealing with hosts that are at least decent. I have run in to a few whose servers are slow, or provide funky limitations on things in CPanel. In the end, I always come back to Xisto. I have to say, I will probably be sticking with them until the end. They provide great pricing, the astounding myCENT system, and very reliable servers. One thing I do not really like, though, is having to pay extra for email. And it isn't even that great of a service. There is no structure like CPanel provides. But it is for greater security. Overall, though, Xisto provides outstanding services and support.

Why are you paying for email, or what did you mean by that?

I personally do not even use my free emails, as I use a normal gmail account right now, but why not just use Google, Yahoo, MSN's domain programs instead?

The problem though. is that some people basically abuse the email system,,ruining it for everybody.Sending out bulk mail and such. I do all the coding on my sites,though few visitors that there are so far.I wouldn't send out bulk emails.Php send mail should only be used sparingly,for things like registration and such. Xisto is excellent.Hopefuly people don't take it for granted.

I was not a techie in all the requirements that were needed on the hosting company back when I was in my teens triying to practice opening forums and all but judging by what the people have mentioned above, this seems to be something that is mandatory on the servers inorder to start a forum.

Me and my friend had used a free host of which we didn't really get a good experience out of. Don't really remember it's but there was another which was CFH (Completely Free Hosting) was crap as the name sounds and none gave what Xisto ofference. Seamless uptime and awesome support. I would definately say that recommend all the people here to save their time and increase the community strength.

Offtopic: There was one thing that really bugs me though. Time and again I have read about people saying that Xisto/Xisto is THE best host ever and I have used different hosts and paid hosting but always end up comnig back here. I don't really understand, why the people leave here in the first place. I mean this is THE best and offers everything like paid hosting does so why leave.

Webhost4life.comWebhost4life Sucks!I had been using Webhost4life.Com for 5 years for about the first 4 years I didn?t have any problems except for at the tech support level where you would state a problem and you would get a response from support that often was not relevant, misunderstood or a canned answer. It would normally take 3 or 4 efforts for webhost4life.Com to understand and solve my problem. But I could live with that, however as my business grew the problems with them mounted.One day without any notice they cut off my email service and wanted me to send a letter stating that I do not send spam. I told them I don?t send emails to anyone but my clients and those requesting information and that their own records should be able to show that I do not send mass mailings. After a couple of days with no email they had my mail service back up. This was an omen of bad things to come with Webhost4life.Com.Months later again with absolutely no notice webhost4life.Com shut down my website because they said my site was using too much resource (that is another way of saying too many people are looking at your website). I immediately sent an email to the CEO stating that this was very unprofessional to close me down without any prior notice and that I needed to be back up immediately, because I am a small business and this would damage by business. Well the CEO never responded to my email or my next 2 emails to him. It?s incredible that they would state on their website ?NOT satisfied with our service? Email our CEO? only to get more dissatisfaction from trying to contact the CEO.And this was not just a one time incident that my emails to the CEO of webhost4life.Com were ignored. A previous time I had sent the same email to him six times over about six weeks and forward the first email with the original sent date and ensuing dates reminding him each time that he had still not responded to my email and problem to see if this method would get a responses from him. But no the CEO simply does not want to get involved and never replied. Webhost4life.Com commitment to customer service is a crock and it is hard to image a company treating their customers like this and still being in business. What kind of lead does this provide to their customer service personnel when the boss is not even customer service oriented? Well let me tell you.My first response from tech support for their abrupt shutting down of my website after 2 hours was simply to state the exact same information that was emailed to me when they interrupted my service which is ?your website is causing high system resource utilization?. This was their only response to an urgent ticket. They did not tell me what needed to be done or when I would be back up. Ten hours after sending them my urgent ticket and repeated emails to them I was told I had to move to a more dedicate server. Ok, no problem with this accept the link and method they gave me to pay did not work and it takes another 12 hours before I can pay them for the extra service since I had already had 6 plus months credit for the current service. They then tell me the migration will be done ?ASAP? but they won?t give me any time estimate. No matter how hard I tried to get some time frame they just wouldn?t tell me. All Webhost4life.Com repeatedly tells me is they are sorry for the ?inconvenience? and I keep telling them this is more then just an inconvenience this is my livelihood, but that concept wasn?t registering with them.After 4 days of lost business and me sending them many email, chat messages, and help tickets they final put me back up on my old server which I had been requesting many times for them to do until they are ready to move me to the new server. However back on the old server I am being inundated with server errors and service unavailable errors. I am now spending a lot of time responding to my own customers complaints about the difficulties they are having accessing my web pages, and unlike Webhost4life.Com I respond back to every one of my clients. Twelve days after paying for the new service and server and receiving a message that my ?payment is verified? I receive a notice, ?Sorry for the late replies, for this case, I will forward this to our account department since there is some payment issue need to be settlement before activate the new account. Once again, sorry for your inconvenience.? Now at this point can anyone not believe you are dealing with a bunch of careless clowns running Webhost4life.Com. You would think an accounting issue could be solved in one business day the only accounting discrepancy was that they had not given me credit for the past service I had paid or for the back days delayed in moving me to the new server but expecting a prompt response from Webhost4life.Com is a far fetch dream.Now during this debacle where my business is being severely disrupted the volume of emails I would normally get is drastically down. Even when we send emails within our own network to our own domains the emails are not going through. Many of our emails are not making it to the receiver. When I bring this up to Webhost4life.Com they say, ?We are working on the issue already. Please wait and check it later.? Yet 4 days later with untold amount of emails not reaching us and being permanently lost we hear nothing else from them. All told it was almost a month before we were running smoothly on the new server.Now I will say this I was an idiot for not leaving Webhost4life.Com after what they did because six months after moving to the new server they shut me down again without notice late at night for ?running high IO constantly?. After many attempts to get some clarity of what is wrong they say I exceed my limit of 200 GB and to look at my stats. I did look and told them I used less then this last month and was running at a rate of less then 200 for this month so what are they talking about. But Webhost4life.Com would not directly answer my questions they simply told me to purchase an upgrade. When I asked to talk to someone they gave me a phone number where I got a recording saying there will be about a 20 minute wait. At about the 20 minute mark the phone disconnected, three more phone attempts got the same results a long wait and then disconnected. When I paid them that night (my urgency was to get my site up quickly) I sent technical support the receipt with all the information showing my payment. In the morning I get an email saying they did not start the migration because I didn?t show paying. This is after sending them a copy of all the details of their receipt to me showing I had paid and webhost4life.Com responding back to message with all the detail that I had paid. Incredible! It took 7 days before my ordering system was up and running because tech support would take anywhere from 6 to 24 hours to respond and this was after telling webhost4life that I was losing money due to their delays.Webhost4life.Com is completely unresponsive and uncommunicative to critical customer needs and ownership could care less about the problems they give you. Webhost4life.Com is a disaster hosting company for a growing business oriented web site. It was with great relief that I left this arrogant company. Webhost4life.Com will sabotage your business. Imagine having your web host shut you down 2 times without any notice because they want you to upgrade your service and then take their time with the migration so you are down for weeks.-reply by jamie

Webhost4life - My real experience!Webhost4life Sucks!

Dear Friend,

My name is Lisa and I've been using webhost4life as my web hosting service provider for more than 3 years and till present, those guys are real friendly and I always recommend my friends to host with them.

I'm not sure whatever you said is true or not, but webhost4life support team are real much more excellent than other web hosting companies.

Whatever the difficulty you've encountered, you can contact with those guys easily. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

-reply by LisaKeywords:

Sick of Webhost4life Service!Webhost4life Sucks!I've been using them for a few years (3-4) and they now ****, my sites have been down for a whole day and 1/2 (not just my sites but an entire server full of other peoples' hosting accounts). They allowed other clients of theirs access to see and edit my MySQL accounts and yes, I can see other peoples and edit theirs. I can even edit some guys WordPress account. I've told them about this and they deny I can see these account and edit them. I've contacted the web owner myself and he up and moved to another host and was thankful I told him about it. I've been plagued with downtime and their chat support is a joke! They just tell you to submit a ticket - what's the point in having chat support if you just tell people to submit a ticket no matter what they say and you not really about to help. Also I told them I'm not getting 99% up-time and that this was what I signed up for and they tell me there are no refunds - yet their sites says 99% up time and satisfaction guarantee! I told them "I'm not satisfied" - there reply: "submit a ticket" - what!? Very crappy service - they use to be okay but now it's just crap. And when I was talking to them about the 99% up-time problem they said well you "should be on a Windows server if you have an issue with up time it's more stable"... What!? I signed up for Linux for a reason, I didn't want Windows! Anyways, I'm sick of there crap and I'm already moving away from them. More on what they did:Without letting me or any other hosting account user know they "upgraded" their hosting servers so that mail() functions would not work.I lost untold business just because people could not contact me from my site and I only found out a few weeks latter. Also they installed some kind of security thing that blocked anyone on Internet Explore from viewing my sites - webhost4life never told me they did this and I didn't know as I use Firefox. My sites were like this for months and I had no idea until a friend told me he could not see my site on Internet Explore. Webhost4life took no responsibility for this.I saw someone else on here had billing issues. I've also had them... They charged my card even through my account was set not to charge my credit card. And so I asked billing to remove the charge, they did and their automated billing charged it again. Then billing department removed the charge again and again I got billed. This was all within a span of 2 days - so my credit card was billed hundreds of dollars went over my card limit and was charge some hefty fees (several hundred dollars of fees)I'm sure there are tons of other things I can't think of right now but it's really sad... There hosting is just no good! And I use to recommend them to people but not now! They are losing a lot of business with me leaving.-reply by NoTo-WebHost4Life

Webhost4life Does Suck.Webhost4life Sucks!

These guys have royally screwed up lately. They moved my site over to a new server, and neglected to contact me regarding that my FTP settings would change, and that I could no longer check my mail online at the same location. Both caused major frustrations before I had to contact them for support.

That coupled with their very ignorant staff on what has happened to all the customers who had registered their domains via "webhost4life domains" but turns out it was just an affiliate and now it's causing major headaches, since I thought it was registered thru them. Now I'm running around getting no where since they broke away from their affiliate and now do their own domain registration. You see I'm furious at their lack of communication! I wouldn't recommend their services.

-reply by Heather

Webhost4life over 3 years, migration to new platform has been troublesomeWebhost4life Sucks!

Hi,

Have used Webhost4life for well over three years now.  Their support has been very good.  They recently did a migration to a new platform.  Since then, things aren't as googd as they were.  I wonder if they sold to some bigger incompetent. Things that always worked are not workingso well now.  Still, only been a couple of weeks and I will hang with them for the next few months...  I think they will get it right if they are still the real Webhost4life.

Dan

I too have had issues with WebHost4Life. I'm organizing a central place for us to discuss the issues we're seeing. Check it out: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ning offers a lot of features that will allow us to take this discussion to the next level. I will be actively seeking out new members so that people have a common place to discuss. Hopefully, it will become easy to find in the future.