xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Baseball Anyone? Okay who will win it all in 2009

Okay all here it is almost the end of Dec, we are freezing cold wishing for spring. Well Tell ya what we gonna do here. I heard on my local news tonight that the new york mets will have 2 pre season games at there new Citi Field. Aka Shea #2 April the 4th and 5th. what I am really curious is this. with all the wheeling and dealing that has been happening. Who will win it all in the 2009 season?Will the Phillies repete? Not Will the Mets Choke? Not, Will the Yankee's end up back in the basement? Let's hope so :) . But honestly Who do you think will win it all?My pick is, well my boy's the NY Met's Now that they got smart and dumped 2 pitchers that couldnt hit the side of a barn from 3 feet away much less 90 feet. Added K Rod and are patching up there bullpin, I have to say that they have the best shot in the NL East of taking it, if not taking it all. However, there is still the Padro, maine factor here. Will the NY Mets even talk to padro come Jan like he has asked them to do. If they do offer him a deal will he take it and be healthy? Myself I feel as give him a 1 year deal only. no raise. Tell him flat out. You go on the DL for more than 14 days? your getting a pay cut for ever day you miss after that 14 days. You don't like it, Oh well See ya. Yes he is great to have around the club house. But the mets need pitchers, not Jokester.Maine on the other hand? will he be okay this season, is his arm okay. will he want bigger bucks this season than last. to me almost the same deal as Padro but a 2 year deal. But baseball is a game of numbers not just money. so honestly it is anyone's guess as to who will be the champs. Boston is looking good in the AL East, so are then darn yankee's But then again, they looked good on paper last year too and look at what happend. :) Yes, I am not an yankee fan. sorry guys and girls. I do love my Mets.As for the west? Dodger, and maybe the Angels. Central Scay but Da Cubbie. and Astro's will fight it out I am sure. I will have to take the cubs. What I am leading to is this. end of the season I am picking 2 teams to be in the big show. and I hope every one will ad there team and why they think they will be there. my pick areNY Mets, vs Boston Red Soxs.

NY Mets, vs Boston Red Soxs

Pretty please!
I would love an '86 repeat! I couldn't see the Yankees doing as good as they did last season, I'm looking at 90 loses for them this year. I think the Rays won't do much better, look at the Mariners. They had a 116 win season, and the next year they were back in last place. I think that the Rays will slide, but not back into last place.

Pretty please!
I would love an '86 repeat! I couldn't see the Yankees doing as good as they did last season, I'm looking at 90 loses for them this year. I think the Rays won't do much better, look at the Mariners. They had a 116 win season, and the next year they were back in last place. I think that the Rays will slide, but not back into last place.

okay but your boston must bring back Buckner lol, I will even throw in that black cat lmao

:) Well the met's look better every day now. word has it there still in talks with some players who I will not name. mainly due to I dont wanna jinx it lol. But I feel as our Bullpen is fine now. Starters need a little more though. Padro I love ya bro but your getting old and need to think of going into the pen or working on better pitching before the season starts. Now that I look at everything as it is now, That will be the Met's only drawback.

Well in the AL you gotta love the New york Yankees. Especially after the moves the just made. A rotation of Sabatha, Wang, Burnett, Chamberlain, Hughes/ Pettitte is arguably the best in the game. The addition of Mark Teixiera is huge because Tex is an absolute stud at firstbase. Tex will easily put up 30 HR and 100 RBI and adds another switch hitting bat to the line up. He will also definatley take pressure off of Rodriguez. Personally i think they should move Rodriguez up to the three hole and let Tex bat behind him. Keep in mind that Rodriguez has an MVP year every other year so that means he would be due this year. Hopefully Robbie Cano will hit like the hitter we all know he can be and give the lineup some more pop. No doubt you gotta love the Yankees in the AL.The NL is a lot more wide open. The Mets made some good moves put that puzzle isnt complete yet. I wasn't a big fan of K-Rod but the Mets had to make that move. I loved the J.J. Putz move. The Mets definitely should look at Juan Cruz to solidify the bullpen and id like to see them get another starter or two before we comsider them legit. Lowe is obvious but Ollie Perez is a little more up in the air. I'd definitely like Jason Marquis in the fifth slot. Andrew Jones wouldnt be a terrible pick up if the Dodgers take on most of his remaining 22 million. The Cubs definitely need to be looked at seriously especially if they finally land Peavy. Id like to see them get another outfielder and Bobby Abreu would be perfect for them. The addition of Abreu alone would make them a much better team. The Phillies will probably be the favorite with a solid rotation however Pat Burrel will be a big loss. Imagine adding Manny to the Utly Howard tandem? That would be an amazing line up. The dodgers cant be considered unless they retain Manny.AL: 1)Yankees 2)RaysNL: 1)Cubs 2)Phillies

Well in the AL you gotta love the New york Yankees. Especially after the moves the just made. A rotation of Sabatha, Wang, Burnett, Chamberlain, Hughes/ Pettitte is arguably the best in the game. The addition of Mark Teixiera is huge because Tex is an absolute stud at firstbase. Tex will easily put up 30 HR and 100 RBI and adds another switch hitting bat to the line up. He will also definatley take pressure off of Rodriguez. Personally i think they should move Rodriguez up to the three hole and let Tex bat behind him. Keep in mind that Rodriguez has an MVP year every other year so that means he would be due this year. Hopefully Robbie Cano will hit like the hitter we all know he can be and give the lineup some more pop. No doubt you gotta love the Yankees in the AL.
The NL is a lot more wide open. The Mets made some good moves put that puzzle isnt complete yet. I wasn't a big fan of K-Rod but the Mets had to make that move. I loved the J.J. Putz move. The Mets definitely should look at Juan Cruz to solidify the bullpen and id like to see them get another starter or two before we comsider them legit. Lowe is obvious but Ollie Perez is a little more up in the air. I'd definitely like Jason Marquis in the fifth slot. Andrew Jones wouldnt be a terrible pick up if the Dodgers take on most of his remaining 22 million. The Cubs definitely need to be looked at seriously especially if they finally land Peavy. Id like to see them get another outfielder and Bobby Abreu would be perfect for them. The addition of Abreu alone would make them a much better team. The Phillies will probably be the favorite with a solid rotation however Pat Burrel will be a big loss. Imagine adding Manny to the Utly Howard tandem? That would be an amazing line up. The dodgers cant be considered unless they retain Manny.

AL: 1)Yankees 2)Rays

NL: 1)Cubs 2)Phillies

Cubs 1st? NY I think you been sniffing too much pine tar. Met's 1 in the NL
As for the K Rod? 50-50 here but Its a big help, Putz? The name alone scares me in NY. We both know NY fans can be mean if someone messes up. He best not mess up or the Fans will use his name and not in a nice way
Well gonna be a very very interesting season thats for sure.

Cubs 1st? NY I think you been sniffing too much pine tar. Met's 1 in the NL As for the K Rod? 50-50 here but Its a big help, Putz? The name alone scares me in NY. We both know NY fans can be mean if someone messes up. He best not mess up or the Fans will use his name and not in a nice way
Well gonna be a very very interesting season thats for sure.

even though i am a Yankee fan and do not like the mets, i would love to see another Yankees mets world series. Being from new york, the whole state was electrified during the first one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both.
Edited by nyy26 (see edit history)

even though i am a Yankee fan and do not like the meets, i would love to see another Yankees mets world series. Being from new york, the whole state was electrified during the first one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both.

How nice would that be too. The Yankee's have sent the money, thats for sure. and word has it they are now talking with Oliver Perez from the Met's. that I really do not like hearing. But if the Met's do not hurry up and resign hi, he will be in pin stripes. :P

The met's on the other hand still will be needing 2 to 3 good pitchers yet. we still have a little over a month yet before spronng training so we will have to take it one pitch at a time, and wait and see.

I wouldn't like the sight of oliver in pinstripes either. He's young and hes got great stuff but is only a good pitcher when he wants to be. As a met fan i'm sure you've heard of "the good ollie" and "the bad ollie". I think the mets should resign him though because there not many better options. It looks like the wont give in to Lowe, even though they should, and i haven't heard anything about them and sheets. Would have been cool to have a scheduled two stadium double header? one in each of the new ballparks. i guess we'll just have to pray for rain.

Hall of fame votes came in today, here's the top vote getters.Rickey Henderson, 94.8%Jim Rice, 76.4Andre Dawson, 67.0Bert Blyleven, 62.7Lee Smith, 44.5Jack Morris, 44.0Tommy John, 31.7Tim Raines, 22.6Mrk McGwire, 21.9Alan Trammell, 17.4Dave Parker, 15.0Donnie Baseball, 11.9Dale Murphy, 11.5Harold Baines, 5.9Henderson and Rice got in. Rickey was a no doubter and it's about time rice got in. I cant complain about Dawson finishing that high but I've always been a supporter of Burt Blyleven. He was a great pitcher and a great guy. Some call him a compiler but this guy tops the charts in strikeouts and had the best curveball ever. I think Big Mac will get in eventuayl, it just depends how long they punish him.

Hall of fame votes came in today, here's the top vote getters.
Rickey Henderson, 94.8%
Jim Rice, 76.4
Andre Dawson, 67.0
Bert Blyleven, 62.7
Lee Smith, 44.5
Jack Morris, 44.0
Tommy John, 31.7
Tim Raines, 22.6
Mrk McGwire, 21.9
Alan Trammell, 17.4
Dave Parker, 15.0
Donnie Baseball, 11.9
Dale Murphy, 11.5
Harold Baines, 5.9

Henderson and Rice got in. Rickey was a no doubter and it's about time rice got in. I cant complain about Dawson finishing that high but I've always been a supporter of Burt Blyleven. He was a great pitcher and a great guy. Some call him a compiler but this guy tops the charts in strikeouts and had the best curveball ever. I think Big Mac will get in eventuayl, it just depends how long they punish him.

Mark McGwire in 9th? what a joke, He shouldnt even had been allowed to be in the voting, that wahed up juicer shouldnt even be brought up in or near the world hall of fame. Hall of Shame maybe. So many others on that list too that I would have thought would have rated much higher. like Tommy John, and Don Mattingly aka donne baseball

The Braves agreed to terms with Derek Lowe on a four-year, $60MM deal. The braves were mentioned many times in the Peavy sweepstakes but that doesn't seem likely because they've allready added three quality starting pitchers. the Braves made their four-year offer to Lowe "on the condition that he accept the deal quickly." The mets lost big on this one because they needed a reliable pitcher like Lowe. Now they will focus on resigning Oliver Perez, a much less reliable pitcher.