xisto Community
sheepdog

Please Help! Can't Stay Logged In! [resolved]

Since the forums have been updated, I can no longer post here. I'm having a friend of mine trying this post from his computer. I have been exchanging emails with the tech support people, but now they aren't even returning my emails. Last night I hit reply to one of the earlier messages they had sent me and it bounced back undeliverable. I have done the basic things tech recomended, deleted cookies, logged out, made sure security settings were correct etc. Nothing is working. I can log in, but I cannot stay logged in. As soon as I try to make a post, I get a message that says I do not have permission to post on that topic, and then I am logged out automaticly. Also, while I am online, I keep getting this little box that pops up that says I do not have permission to post in the shoutbox. And I get it when I'm not even trying to post in the shoutbox. It pops up constantly, especially during the time I am trying to type a message to post. (I can get the reply to message page to come up) I have signed up for the my cents and made the order for the web hosting, as instructed by support, but that has not helped either. I am afraid I will soon be loosing my web site and I just can't let that happen. Can someone PLEASE help me??????? If you have any ideas, post away. I can read them, I just can't reply.

Ok just some general questions that I think may help in finding your problem. What type of connection are you using? what browser are you using that is not working? Have you tried another browser? If all browsers are having trouble then its most likely to do with your internet connection somehow. Also if you have another forum you go to try logging in there too and see if it has the same effect.

I'm also facing the similar problem after the forum upgradation. Every time my system gets a new ip address (dyanami ip internet connection) I have to manually login again. And some times when I finished typing a post and clicked on

Add Reply button I'm getting an error authorization mismatch and asking me to ligin again. And that shoutbox issue is the most irritating. I'm facing this problem in Win XP and Ubuntu as well. Browser is not an issue....same problem in 3 browsers.... :)

Whoa express. How often does your internet connection register a new ip? I know that happens when I have to reconnect my internet because file download sites limit my ip and I have to re log in to Xisto again. I'm just wondering how your ISP works over there with internet connections if it assigns new ips frequently thats annoying and I am glad I dont have your problem. The original poster hasn't even replied so I'm not sure asking any more questions would be worth while.

I would recommend that you clear out your browser cache, cookies and history and see if that will help because of the fact it could be the files in the browser themselves that are causing the problems. As for xpress I think the best way to go is get a cheap router like linksys WRT54G and then use that as a way to get a static address and that might help with your problem.

I had this problem too before I switched ISPs and it was really really annoying. I couldn't solve it in any way. I cleared cache, cookies, tried another browser, but I still couldn't stay logged in! I was on a WiFi connection then and I thought I would have to give up Xisto. :)

But to my surprise, my dad told me that we were going to switch out from them and get a broadband ADSL connection (which has a static IP until you reconnect) :)

Try using a proxy, if you can xpress. That's my suggestion.

Ok, trying to post. I upgraded to Explorer 7 thought that might help.No such luck. I already tried several times to clear browser cache, cookies and history, did not help at all.I am using Wild Blue satellite internet. I don't have anything that would block trap to my knowledge. I haven't added anything to the computer that would change that. "The original poster hasn't even replied so I'm not sure asking any more questions would be worth while" As I mentioned in my first post, I CAN'T reply. I'm going to have to find somebody's email address and forward this message to them to post for me. Posted on behalf of Sheepdog by jlhaslip

Whoa express. How often does your internet connection register a new ip? I know that happens when I have to reconnect my internet because file download sites limit my ip and I have to re log in to Xisto again. I'm just wondering how your ISP works over there with internet connections if it assigns new ips frequently thats annoying and I am glad I dont have your problem.

My computer gets a new ip everytime I restart my computer or my ADSL modem (Yes I too restart my modem perodically to bypass download limits :) ) . And sometimes it will be disconnected and reconnected automatically (may be problem with my ISP) and that is the time I'm getting autorization mismatch errors at Xisto.

As for xpress I think the best way to go is get a cheap router like linksys WRT54G and then use that as a way to get a static address and that might help with your problem.

Want me to buy a new router Just to access Xisto? :D Since many members are facing the same problem I think there is a better solution for this. As there is no problem like this with old forum, Admins have to look at the cookies once and if they modify them this problem will be solved, I think. :D

As I mentioned in my first post, I CAN'T reply. I'm going to have to find somebody's email address and forward this message to them to post for me. Posted on behalf of Sheepdog by jlhaslip

Well...try this once as a temporary solution. Goto the proxy server Guardster free proxy and login to our forums through it and try to post. Atleast you can directly post your problems yourself, I think. Just post here whether it is working or not... :)

Thank you OpaQue. I'll check.....and I'll post the result here... :)Edit: Changed the ip address twice...looking like problem solved. Thanks again.. :)

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Please try now :) I have disabled IP verification for sessions. This should solve your issue. :)

Ok, crossing all fingers and toes..........

YIPPEE!!!!! It worked!!!! Thanks so much!

And thanks to jlhaslip who posted for me and lent me some much need moral support.

Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.