xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

Sponk Industries V3

it's pretty uhm, plain. the graphics are plain boxes with filling and text on top. doesn't look like it took you but five minutes to put the layout together. grey and lime are my two favorite colors though. :P you have lots of content though it isn't very helpful, it's mostly beginner stuff..Uhm, I like the Windows XP Theme Notepad-like layout, that's cool.On the main page on the graphic that says "Web Templates FROM Free" ...it should say FOR free, not from.Invest more time in your graphics. It's not really good to look at, if you have unique layouts more people return to see when you release a new one and stuff. People like pretty stuff and well this isn't. The word for this is more... 56k friendly. :D Which, it really isn't, cause your graphics are png files, convert them to gif or jpg.

Some of the graphics don't display properly in IE. Yes, I konw you don't consider IE a "real" browser, but considering that 90% of the web uses IE... you might want to design a page that will display properly in IE. Also, I don't think that type of green is very easy to implement successfully in a color scheme for a website. I would pick more neutral colors that are easier on the eyes.

you might as well use a CMS, cragllo. (or is that a result of CMS already?). try the mambo installation in the cpanel. :P the navigation is a bit overpowering, and it would require a little more getting used to. more spots of color would greatly enhance your site. content-wise, very varied so that's a plus point. a little layout organization should also be on your list, as it appears to be a mish-mash of sorts at the moment. :D for graphics, try checking out the photoshop plugins thread i made, download and play around with them. you would soon be making professional-type images in no time. B)

Thanks for the advice everyone, can you give a link to that thread serverph?

44250[/snapback]

here's my photoshop plugin thread, cragllo :P

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6279-photoshop-plug-ins-from-experience/