xisto Community
Running With Scissors

Advanced Electron Forum Has anyone tried it?

I just heard about this forum software so I'm guessing it is new but I don't know for sure. I was wondering if any one has used it or better yet is using it so I can see it on a active site. It looks pretty impressive for a new forum.

Oh yeah almost forgot to give you the link: http://www.anelectron.com/

I think most of us have heard of it through jlhaslip's promotion of it. I wouldn't call it new, though. I have it installed on my website. Jlhaslip might even let you test out the admin control panel if you ask him, before installing it yourself. I personally like the Vista-like look to the forum, and i kind of prefer this forum over SMF for some unknown reason.

Register here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/?

And I can let you into the Admin Panel for that Demo site to play around a little. I have a couple of AEF Forums set up. I also assist there as a Universal Moderator (whatever that is :)), and play with some of the Coding and testing.

Currently I'm testing it on my localhost. Looking nice. Its user interface is really attractive and cool. And also has most of the important features we all need. I tried all the themes they are giving for free. One of them is good and all others are useless. But its default theme is better than all. Definitely user interface is the highlight of this forum. Nothing confusing. Unlike some other boards I tried, you'll definitely understand what you are doing at AEF. This one is definitely worth trying. Download and install it on your computer and try yourself. :)

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

I'm an admin on a forum that uses AEF forum software, and from an admin point of view its GUI is great, features are well thought out and easy to use and AEF runs faster and cleaner than some other forum softwares I've played with.There are a number of mods available that have been tested and work well with the software including a very nice shoutbox. jlhaslip is being modest about his coding for AEF.

Edited by moogie (see edit history)

I think most of us have heard of it through jlhaslip's promotion of it. I wouldn't call it new, though. I have it installed on my website. Jlhaslip might even let you test out the admin control panel if you ask him, before installing it yourself. I personally like the Vista-like look to the forum, and i kind of prefer this forum over SMF for some unknown reason.

I thought I saw him post over at AEF. Sorry I didn't know this was already talked about. I'm still leaning towards SMF but I'll mess around with this a bit first.

Register here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/?
And I can let you into the Admin Panel for that Demo site to play around a little. I have a couple of AEF Forums set up. I also assist there as a Universal Moderator (whatever that is :) ), and play with some of the Coding and testing.

Thanks. I just downloaded it on my site. Do you know if there is anything like tinyportal for this forum software because I really like tinyportal and don't want to switch from smf unless they have something close to it.

Currently I'm testing it on my localhost. Looking nice. Its user interface is really attractive and cool. And also has most of the important features we all need. I tried all the themes they are giving for free. One of them is good and all others are useless. But its default theme is better than all. Definitely user interface is the highlight of this forum. Nothing confusing. Unlike some other boards I tried, you'll definitely understand what you are doing at AEF.

This one is definitely worth trying. Download and install it on your computer and try yourself. :)

Yeah I'm messing around with it and it does look really nice which is one of SMF's weak points (I use smf now). I'll go mess around with the admin panel now.

I'm an admin on a forum that uses AEF forum software, and from an admin point of view its GUI is great, features are well thought out and easy to use and AEF runs faster and cleaner than some other forum softwares I've played with.
There are a number of mods available that have been tested and work well with the software including a very nice shoutbox. jlhaslip is being modest about his coding for AEF.

A built in shoutbox is a big plus. Have you ever tried SMF? If so how does it compare? It looks better but smf community is much bigger and kind of makes me want to stay with them. I'll give it a shot though.

I highly recommend AEF. I used to be on the design team over at their forums and if I ever need forum software, that is what I use. I really like how everything works, and it very easily customizable. There is a great support community and a growing number of add ons and themes. I think I still have one over there, I believe it was called orange-clip or something like that. Overall, best free forum software ever.