xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
err

Google Submite Site How to get top ranking

hi all, do you know how to make our website be placed on the top ranking on searching engine like google, yahoo.. etc.i know just some ways like META NAME=keywords" CONTENT="somthings..". but that is the old way which is not used anymore.as i know currently most of the searching engines using the crawler system, so how can they put keyword in our website?

Well, YOU have put words in your site. There is no way you can make your site the top without having relevant content. CONTENT IS KING! There is nothing to beat it. All other claims are bogus. But what also helps is the links to your site from other sites. So you develop friends, affiliates who can post a link to your site from theirs. But then, without content, all this will be a waste.Googlue

My sims site used to have about 10 people a day to it... if that,I got a few affilliates and put my site in a few topsites and what do you know, it about a month, I had anbout 50 a day, now i recieve about 200 unique visitors a day, that is not much to me, considering some site have about 100,000 unique hits a day, and they arent the best sims sites...

try posting on alot of guest book and forum's (make sure to post your url) last time i checked google looks for link backs. Your site should move up in rankings.round.trap17.com

be wary of making a site just to get a top position, as it will most likly look like a spam website. remember to build a website about soemthing and THEN optimise it for the search engines. choose your keyword carefully and use it in the <title> tags and in the content on the page of the site.

while mata tags aren't used to rank the pages, they are still used by the crawlers to spot wha keywords you think you're site should be ranked in. That and it will take keyword density of your pages into consideration when determining your keywords.

Add a lot of valuable content (written by yourself or a staff member is a big plus) and try to refer people to your website by advertising it a lot on forums and other kinds of message boards.

In Google,

Content is the main source for getting rank. There is more than 200 factors (assumption ) evolved for the page ranks. The following are some of them:

URLS From Other Sites

Frequently Changing Contents

User Friendly URL (Static)

RSS Content

Popularity of Category

Size of the Page

Html Code Errors

Use of Images on Page

Uniqueness of Contents on Web

Optimisation of Page

ect.....

This are some of the factors which affects the ranking of goole. Since google techniques remains secret, we cant say exactly how to increase ranking on google. But iam sure that the use of keywords and description metatags are now prohibited on google indexing. Also the tag <input type="hidden> is prohibited on induxing since its contents cant be visible onthe page.

What Do You Think About Crime Rates?

Google Submite Site

The crime rate in our country is going up. I use to hear , if people can't afford a loaf of bread or make the ends meet , that there is always adversities. Our crime rate has gone up ,because of lack of employment, food and people living in the streets. This is real sad when you have a rich nation and people are starving and have no where to live. I don't understand why our government can give so much support to other countries and we have so many problems in our own backyard.Crime is only going to get worst at this rate, if we don't start a better path for the people in or nation. What can be done about our crime rate , because we need help in solving what is going on in our nation. We shouldn't have to be afraid to wallk around in our own neighborhoods,because people are taking the law in their own hands, due to lacking in this nation. Please tell me, what's your opinion about our crime rates?

-reply by JOHN SINGLETARY

what I have just heard recently is that using the html tags <h1>Heading</h1>, can increase your google raiting, because this tags as you already know are used for titles, and when the googlebot comes into your page, he takes in count these things, I remember you to make you titles as decriptive as possible and try to use simple caracters. Greetings, shotgun.

Getting ranked with Google is actually about the quality of your content, and how well you are able to link to other similar site.The design of your site does matter too, because a poorly designed site wil most likely do bad when it comes to ranking.But most of alll just like someone already said, "content is king"

how to link?

Google Submite Site

Replying to googlue It is suggested that it benefits to link to other sites. So the question is how do you link to other sites?

Do you just put link on ones' own website to their website? Please elaborate

Thanks

Chestnut

-reply by chet