xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Movie Review: The Day The Earth Stood Still

Well I saw this movie yesterday hoping for some action suspense, but instead I felt that this movie was made back in 1951 but with color and some computer technology. Even though I never saw all of the original movie the acting for both movies was the same and with Keanu Reeves acting style it went with how this movie played out, predictable. Although there was all-star cast in this movie I feel as they didn't put the effort into it as I was hoping they would have, heck even Kathy Bates wasn't all that good in this movie and if you seen Waterboy she was better in that movie then this one. As for the action, I was expecting War of the World kind of gun battles and that barely happen in this movie and so the lack of action really didn't really help this movie especially towards the end.There was a descent crowd for this movie and interesting enough I saw a few older folk who might have seen the original, but it was mostly teens who I doubt never seen the original or even knew it existed. Either way this movie was predictable, not entertaining or exciting and pretty much disappointing ending that capped it off as well. Box Office wise, this movie be lucky if it even breaks even or makes any profit whatsoever and so I would say that opening weekend $10-15 million with a disappointing $40 million tops overall take.Movie PreviewsAnother Trailer for Terminator Salvation, showed some good stuff it should be interesting how this movie plays out and if it makes any connections to the other movies.X-men Origins: Wolverine, I will say this that movie will take in more money then any of the X-men movies and some big names are in this movie as well, so it will be another year I go broke with some big name movies coming out in 2009.

I haven't seen this movie yet and judging from your review and the other's responses, perhaps I shouldn't. I saw the trailer a while back whilst watching another movie and thought it would be interesting to see (I've never seen the original)Would it be more worth it to somehow look for the original? Is it better?

Well if your a classic movies fan by all means, but if your not into really old movies then I doubt it would interest you all that much. However, you could compare the movies and see what has changed between the movies and other stuff like that.