xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinc2

Iphone - Not Worth?

Hi I currently own a iPhone.. and heres my review.The default earbud is rated B+ on iLounge, which is an average mark, the freq responce is 20 - 20k, which is not bad. base is average, not muddy, but not absolutely clear as well. the high voice, very squishly. The iPhone's free applications are a fail - all lite versions, unless you buy the actual app off apple store, or hack your iPhone and put the apps in, there is no other way. Also, iPhone claims to have bluetooth, and it actually does, but you can only use devices with the bluetooth, which means you cannot send any files through the 'bluetooth' that you have in the iPhone.the Speaker is very badly done, when it goes the base, it just CRACKS - basically you would think that the base killed your speaker. but because of the recent software update, the speaker now 'speaks' better. anyways, its still horrible.The ringtone, you gotta buy it online, other then creating one yourself (which is possible through itune). anyways you still have to go through some procedure to do so.The iPhone really sucks, when you run applications, it crashes unless you restart your iPhone. so basically if you ran a big application, you gotta restart your iphone in order to run another big app.This is my review for iPhone. (Note: the one I own is not 3G, its first generation)-KC.

In INDIA Iphone has just entered the market but is not a cake now. No 3G bandwidth nor does the operators provide better service. You just use the phone like another one without the value for money you spend. I had a wish to buy one but decided against just because of non-usability factor.The bran d is not well known in INDIA even for the PC segment. the ITunes also is not very popular so are the Applications except Adobe PDF reader.I think iphone is useful only in developed countries.Nokia on the other hand have some good value for money sets and I personnaly prefer Samsung Omnia - the best so far.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

I have the iPod touch and experiance quite the same problems, all applications are absolutly horrible and it takes like 20 minutes just to load the thing and its very new! Also when I wana listen to music, the speakers are clear on a laptop, iPod, tv, but some reason, they stop on the iPod Touch and it just sounds so horrible! Then we have the internet, so many problems.! You dont even tilt the acelaromiter and the screen turns, how useful(!). Here is a picture of the worst touch phone in the history of touch phones:

Posted Image

^^

Honestly! It sucks!

the Speaker is very badly done, when it goes the base, it just CRACKS
The ringtone, you gotta buy it online, other then creating one yourself (which is possible through itune). anyways you still have to go through some procedure to do so.

Speaker- It's no different than any other phone speaker. Only difference is most other phones its just a loudspeaker...
Ringtones are exactly the same to do with other phones, with others though you'd have to chop it up in audacity or such.

I am holding out because soon there will be some stuff on the market that will blow the iphone out of the water. (That's what I think)

I really dislike the iphone too. Actually, I was looking at it for a while with the omnia and Blackberry storm. After much research and a trial with it I decided that it was actually a very bad phone. I think it is getting great reviews simply because apple made it. I think it is the only thing that apple did wrong, and I suggest windows mobile. I think windows mobile is the best thing windows has done, and the iphoen the worst thing apple has done. I totally agree. :)

Edited by Ruben (see edit history)

I think the iphone is rather overrated, because apple is known for its 'innovative' products and apple is very 'in' at the moment with the ipod craze. Overall i think its an okay phone with modest features and yes I do agree with the problems you've listed.It doesnt quite live up to all the hype. I was given it for my birthday from a few friends and was really excited to try it but found myself disappointed.The battery life isn't great either.

Hi I currently own a iPhone.. and heres my review.
The default earbud is rated B+ on iLounge, which is an average mark, the freq responce is 20 - 20k, which is not bad. base is average, not muddy, but not absolutely clear as well. the high voice, very squishly.

The iPhone's free applications are a fail - all lite versions, unless you buy the actual app off apple store, or hack your iPhone and put the apps in, there is no other way. Also, iPhone claims to have bluetooth, and it actually does, but you can only use devices with the bluetooth, which means you cannot send any files through the 'bluetooth' that you have in the iPhone.

the Speaker is very badly done, when it goes the base, it just CRACKS - basically you would think that the base killed your speaker. but because of the recent software update, the speaker now 'speaks' better. anyways, its still horrible.

The ringtone, you gotta buy it online, other then creating one yourself (which is possible through itune). anyways you still have to go through some procedure to do so.

The iPhone really sucks, when you run applications, it crashes unless you restart your iPhone. so basically if you ran a big application, you gotta restart your iphone in order to run another big app.

This is my review for iPhone. (Note: the one I own is not 3G, its first generation)

-KC.

I think you guys are expecting too much out of it. Please tell what other phones offer the same functionality as an iPhone. I can think of one and it isn't that great (T-Mobile G1). It has BY FAR the greatest touch screen of ANY touch screen phone. It is way more responsive than another touchscreen phone as well. The speaker isn't great, but what are you expecting? 5.1 surround sound? Get real, it's mono channel audio from a phone. You can't expect much more. It was designed for speakerphone, but is usable for music. Why would you even play music through it anyways?

As for the earbuds, they suck. Period. Get different ones, that is what smart people do.

The applications do not fail. You can't expect to get amazing apps for free. I don't know if you realize this, but people put their time and money into developing them. Be happy with the free ones. I have quite a few free applications that I love. I also have some paid apps that I love. You can't expect a lot from something free. That is common sense.

I do agree with your comments on bluetooth, however. The support absolutely sucks. It is definitely a huge draw back.

As for ringtones, please tell me if you find a service and/or phone that you can get free ones with. You pay for that stuff. Period. That is common sense as well. If you have music not purchased from the iTunes store, you can make your own pretty easily. It takes about 30 seconds. If you purchased a song, you can make a ringtone for $.99 more. That still is cheaper than most ring tones are.

When you have tons of applications that use common system memory, that happens. It's the same with a computer. There is only so much memory to share. Eventually you have to restart it. Depending on how many apps you have and how often you use them will determine how often you restart your phone. I try to restart it at least once a week just to keep it running good. As with any phone you should do that.

It really just boils down to you wanting to use it as a portable computer, not a phone. If you expected out of it what it was designed for, you would be happy. It is still the best touch screen phone on the market. If you haven't noticed in reviews they always pit touch screen phones against the iPhone and in the title put "(Phone Name Here) - The Next iPhone Killer?" They do these things for a reason.