xisto Community
Arv_M

Anyone Else Hate School?

Does anyone else here totally hate school? I swear to god, most of what I know is self-taught. School serves no purpose to me other than the ocassional socializing. I'm not trying to be arrogant, and I admit that I don't know everything. Your thoughts?

You are so wrong Arv_M, you sound like those persons that do not left a finger to study, to read a book, to actually learn, to hear what teachers are teaching/saying in classes, i am sorry, but i am saying this from my personal experience, i had that arrogancy when i did not want to do a thing, so i said that only because it was so convenient for me, but he truth is one, you will learn always, everyday, for the rest of your life, specially in school if you dedicate yourself at it.At least, i just can not agree with you, in any way, for any reason whatsoever.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

That post was made out of anger and depression on my part. I was extremely arrogant back then, but I was also simply feeling helpless, because I made bad decisions in the past and decided to slack off, and now, still being a pretty intelligent idividual, I was having trouble getting into college.

Sorry for the late reply Arv, i really felt something good reading your sensere comments now, do not waist your life, study and you will be someone/somebody in life, and that means that you will be someone with respect for yourself and others mainly, which leads to everything else that is good and matters in real life. Oh, and i also had my really bad moments in school and life, so forgive me the rude words, they had a purpose you know. Good luck.

I think that the reason we hate school for, it's because it have lost it's sense, pretty much. It no longer is a place to study, but a place to show off and the teachers are being so naive and giving us homework that doesn't makes sense(no one have heard my English teacher saying that we should re-write and translate the text, and I'm the best English learner in the class. So now we all have to translate and re-write it five times! That's ridicilous!), and we can learn exatcly nothing from it. There's no point making the students wasting their time on something they already know! Like our lifes go around the school only! And some of the teachers are just dumb and they are not supposed to teach, just because of the degree. My Geography teacher keeps talking about how the windows haven't been cleaned and how there are deceases outside and we shouldn't go out, and at the end of the class, she tells us to learn some lesson at home. What's the point in going to school if we learn our lessons at home, and being tested about what we've learned every third class!? They care so much about grades(the teachers), and they are forgetting the point of making it easier for students to learn the lessons.

It seems you do not have much luck at all with your assigned class teachers, nonetheless, they are, and you will always learn from each one of hem, if you usually judge their work as teachers, why not just stop judging, period, star helping the teachers as they help you, even if they do not want to or that they do not have the necessary, required and apropriate capablities to help.When i was at school, i helped teachers, some of them, the teahers i had a good relationship, i helpe them and automatically they helpme and my other class mates.You can help your teachers, yourself and your class mates jut by speaking to your teachers, one at t time, whente opportuniy occurs, of the problems, issues, suggestons and ideas you must say, but talk abou eally problems and solutions to the same, i am sur you will make things better for everyone, speciall if you are a good student, teachers tend to b much more receptable to students with good grades, for obvius reasons i should say.Think about this advice of mine, i mean to help you, according to your comments above.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

well it's been a lot time since I was in school. but I really never did hate it. hated some teachers though, but school in general no. Fact I enjoyed it to be honest.

In some way I hated school, when I needed to attend, in some way I liked it.. But I can say to people who thinks that schools aren't necessary, they are wrong, schools, universities and etc. are needed and it usually depends on people themself..The only bad thing is bad eduction system and we all know that. It's usually a problem in all the world countries, for one countries it's quite critical for some countries it's better.. I also agree with the fact that not all people need to study, we need different kind of people, it's quite normal in our current society, but when more than half of people are having problems learning and studying it's quite bad..

Well also I do like the school but It's just some of the teachers I hate like to strict or gay or what ever... that just gets on my nerves...

School... is alright.I can handle it, but I would rather not handle it. I can see why you need to go to school, but personally, I don't think the knowledge of History will ever serve you will in the future, or science (of course it depends on the job you want) I mainly think that I would want to take English, and a different language, and math of course, because I want to do something computer like with my life, but I would imagine that History and Science does not help all that much.School can get sickening near the end of the week though, I tend to get really stressed on a thursday or friday.

School... is alright.
I can see why you need to go to school, but personally, I don't think the knowledge of History will ever serve you will in the future, or science (of course it depends on the job you want)

Well, you're really very wrong there in my opinion, of course it depends on how you want to live, but the main thing of learning is not to remember all the facts and know that in the year 1895 something happened, when you learn history you need to understand it, perception is what matters, by learning and studying you get intelligent, you think differently, you become mature, you see the world differently be knowledge, even basic one.. Of course some people don't like that and that, it's understandable and natural.. I personally never liked biology, I don't want to know lots of things about it, but from school I still know the main basic stuff, animals, human body, nature and so on. History makes you consciousness what's around you, geography makes you understand where you're standing.. Maths makes you think logically, analytically.. Same with physics, chemistry, programming.. The more you study if of course you're quite smart, the bigger your IQ gets, the easier later is for you to understand, imagine and do things in your head..

If you would like to live a live by working in Mc Donald's and talking about video games, beer, girls, ipods and etc. when I guess it's ok, as long as you're happy.

Another example, you find some girl, community and you don't know the difference of Gothic, Romanticism, Baroque or something like that? Wouldn't you feel stupid? OF course maybe you just wouldn't hang out with that kind of guys :P

I read some interesting articles, that in the future people could split to total idiots which will just work, eat, buy and entertain and to smart people who will always be to busy to have kids and will drop in numbers, but will be creating stuff for so called "idiots" :D

Also, the fact remains, that even though people without learning to much Today is of course much more smarter than people like 80 years ago, because while browsing the net reading something you move your braincells and etc.

Wikipedia is more fun than school - i learn LOADS from that, and its more fun than school because i can browse at pictures at the same time :P - jokes lol, i dont really do that...School is just a fact of life, you go there to learn, and learn only. If the teachers wanted to, they dont have to do any fun stuff and make you do coursework or essays every lesson - but you should be fortunate that they dont.Also school is the MOST important thing of your life after food and drink. It is where you meet friends, go on trips, have a laugh with everybody and generally the best part of your lives is to be at school.Once you do leave school, you are alone, you have no free time, you will miss doing homework (trust me!), you wont see 70% of your mates ever again (unless you bump into them at town :D) and yeah - take it lucky that you actually go to a school, people in the 3rd world dont, and look what theyre doing; walking 5 miles + each day to get water and hard labour that is considered torture in this country.

Wikipedia is more fun that school?Do you have a social life to meet up with friends?Plus all the facts you may have learned from there, maybe wrong as all registered members can change it!

Does anyone else here totally hate school?

Who the hell doesn't? The problems inherent in our "education" system are many. Students are given authorized information to memorize, and are awarded grades based on how well they parrot back that information to their tormentors. And I never cared for the socialization that forces students into contrived modes of behavior, either. But here's the stone-cold reality: people with degrees generally earn more than their counterparts. They live longer, eat healthier, and enjoy a higher standard of living. So go ahead and get your degree(s). In the process of memorizing all that "authorized" information, you eventually learn how to think things through, and how to question preconceived dogma. In other words, you have a better chance of becoming truly unique and human through your acquisition of knowledge. For those burnt out on the Public Fool system, consider enrolling in a Jesuit University. There, you will learn how to think - whether you like it or not.

Wikipedia is more fun that school?

I was just using it as an example to say that school is boring and crap, but in a nice way ofcourse :D

Do you have a social life to meet up with friends?

Ofcourse i do, but its always raining :P

--

School is the best part of our lives, trust me :D