xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluedragon

Problem With Splinter Cell 4 Could it be the software corruption ?

Hi, I am having strange issues with this game .. I first thought of posting this in the games section but I think the problem is a software or may be driver related so I am posting here :) I bought this one recently, Splinter Cell : Double Agent. This was a second installation on my machine .. The first installation was not legit so I had removed it. This issue was there with the first installation also So I thought may be buying an original DVD would help , But I guess I was wrong :)Now the problem is that everytime I try running this game on my XP there is no sound in any part of the game except for the movies part but the game works fine. And when I try running the game in Vista, It works perfectly with all the sound effects. Also, Initially during the installation part, It did show up some compatibility issue with the driver version of my graphics card but I cant help it since those are the newest possible available on the site. Oh. and there is just one issue with Vista which I think is because the game was not initially designed for Vista :D , It doesn't do Autosave.Now I just want it properly running in Windows XP. Can anyone suggest what I should Do with this ? I tried reinstalling , but It didn't help.My Specs are as follows: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4 GHz 2 GB ram 8600 GT 512 MB graphics card Realtek HD audio (onboard Asus P5Q motherboard)Thanks

For Windows Vista, you could try running it in compatibility mode, setting it on Windows XP. As for Windows XP, have you checked if there are any patches out for this game? I would suggest you look for that first and also try updating your soundcard drivers.

For Windows Vista, you could try running it in compatibility mode, setting it on Windows XP. As for Windows XP, have you checked if there are any patches out for this game? I would suggest you look for that first and also try updating your soundcard drivers.

I want the game running in XP. I am not much concerned about it loosing the saves since I am quite used to saving often.

XP:
I've downloaded the latest version of XP drivers off ASUS.com . I initially thought of getting it from Realtek's website but I couldn't find my audio hardware in the listing. Its ALC 1200 and for some reason I couldn't find it.

There was a patch for this game and it was installed automatically by the updater. I even downloaded it again and manually installed it (twice) :)