xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

"have You Got A Spare Cigarette" - Faulty Logic

edit:Apperently F.A.G is blocked but I'm talking cigaretteI go to a 6th form college here in England, it's good but means putting up with lots of 11-15 year olds. Not that there all that bad but some of them are.. anyway many time on my walk home I get asked if I have "spare *f.a.g*" there words, and I'm not talking about an extra extra homosexual , I mean Cigarette. Now in case you havn't spotted the faulty logic in this already I will elaborate. I am and never have been, a smoker... but if I had I would know just how much I have to spend on them, now smokers are addicted to cigarettes, addicted being the main word. This means to a smoker, none of their cigarettes is or can be spare because they have the intention I'm sure of smoking all of them in due time. To a smoker there is no such thing as a "spare *f.a.g.*".

Notice from truefusion:
Edited topic title: inserted "cigarette".
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I for some people part of there genetical make-up is to try to get things that belong to other people free for themselves. Some people will go to unbelievable lengths to do so. I see a lot of it here in Peru! I think if the people of this nation used their creativity for something other than piracy, robbery, or begging it could easily be one of the most advanced nations in the world. Well, now that I've vented that, I guess its a one step at a time process.

I have come across giving light to many.. but only few have asked me for a spare ciggy. Usually its not in my city but in tourist locations in cold climate where we are desperate for some heat ;-) you know.. Also, about 3 years back in a tourist trip of mine, a guy called "jaggy" asked for a *BLEEP*... then for a joint.. and was beating hard on my car music on a beach. He called himself .. "pSycHeDelIc". no issues with that .. but dude, you coming in my group... dancing harder than any of us and on top of that... an occasional hint for "volume" ..."not good". :)

When I was visiting London I frequently heard, "can I bum a *BLEEP*." I never questioned why the Englishman called it a *BLEEP*. And that was my ex-smoking years.I'm guessing smokers can spare cigarettes because they don't want to smoke alone. And smokers like smoking around other smokers. I know I have. And some smokers will freely offer a cigarettes without even asking, "do you smoke." As if smoking should be a natural behavior. Hey, what do you expect from smokers--they do what they want.And somehow smoking together, hurdled around shielding from gusty wind to light one, builds that instantaneous bond. Asking for a cigarette breaks ice. Giving a light creates trust between two strangers. Oh who knows what other symbolic gesture it does. For all I know they are too cheap to buy themselves a pack of smokes.