xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
liciuslee

How To Convert Videos And Audios Between Popular Formats? To convert video between many formats for kinds of use

Just download a video converter and Run the program and the window facing you is the main interface:

Posted Image

Step1. Add video files. Click "Add" to browse in your videos.

Posted Image

Step2. Double click the file to have a preview. Select each file and choose the output format in "Style".Set a output folder by "Output" for the destination files. Click "Customize" to edit the video.

Posted Image

a. Effect

Adjust the video effect for a better visual effect. Simply drag the slides of "Brightness", "Contrast" and Audio "Volume". "Flip" is to turn the video upside down, while "Deinterlace" is to improve the TV system video effect when playing on computer system

Posted Image

b. Trim

Modify the "Start Time"and "End time" with values directly and click "Apply" and then press "OK"

Posted Image

c. Crop

Select a cropping style in "Letter Box", and do the offset for a precise dimension. Press"OK" to confirm.

Posted Image

Step3. Conversion

Click the big"convert" button to start the conversion.

And for my fellow linux users, may I recommend: ffmpeg. It's freeware, avalible online via SVN, downloads and installs quickly. I've only been using it for about a month. You can convet almost any video format to another. It's command line options are a little complex, but once you figure it all out, its pretty good. I origianlly used it to convert .flv videos (like from youtube) to .avi and .mpg . It's a little buggy though, and certain videos will not convert to certain types. for example: I usually convert .flv's to .mpg's, however, once and a while when I try to convert a video, it will give an error, so then i convert to to .avi, and it works fine. It's command line interface, set up like:

CONSOLE
ffmpeg -i video.flv video.avi
Which would convert my flv to avi. You can also choose many, many options, for audio, resolution, and more. I highly recommend it.

With the program listed above, does it shrink the file size as well?For example, if you are converting from AVI to WMV, will it be smaller in size but still have the same/comparable quality?I've been thinking about converting most of my files to WMV due to how everything can read it, plus it's smaller, but most programs either crop the images by themselves or lower the bitrate by so much it turns into a blur.

With the program listed above, does it shrink the file size as well?
For example, if you are converting from AVI to WMV, will it be smaller in size but still have the same/comparable quality?

I've been thinking about converting most of my files to WMV due to how everything can read it, plus it's smaller, but most programs either crop the images by themselves or lower the bitrate by so much it turns into a blur.

It depends on what kind of software you use to convert it.  Usually, the quality will go down just a notch.  I used a converter once to convert MPEGs to WMV and it turned out having less frames and less pixels.  I think I used a horrible converter though since it was a freeware. 

And for my fellow linux users, may I recommend: ffmpeg. It's freeware, avalible online via SVN, downloads and installs quickly. I've only been using it for about a month. You can convet almost any video format to another. It's command line options are a little complex, but once you figure it all out, its pretty good. I origianlly used it to convert .flv videos (like from youtube) to .avi and .mpg . It's a little buggy though, and certain videos will not convert to certain types. for example: I usually convert .flv's to .mpg's, however, once and a while when I try to convert a video, it will give an error, so then i convert to to .avi, and it works fine. It's command line interface, set up like:

CONSOLE
ffmpeg -i video.flv video.avi

Which would convert my flv to avi. You can also choose many, many options, for audio, resolution, and more. I highly recommend it.

Do you know if this works for Windows, I would really like to know. And does it support larger files that are around 50-100mb's. because I have a series of home videos that I need to convert.