xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
laniczech

Ati Or Nvidia

Its not true for all Ati based cards.. Its basically due to the difference in architectures of the two cards and also the Two focus on different issues in Graphic rendering. If you are using an ATI card you will be getting a better more clearer Image quality than its Nvidia counterpart. ATI focuses on quality while Nvidia gives you performance card while compromising on Quality. You won't feel the difference in Low end cards but If you go for higher end cards the difference is quite noticeable. :)Even I had some issues with ATI cards few years back .. I had an ATI 9250 .. It used to freeze whenever i tried running NFS Underground 2 :) but then not all ATI cards are bad. My friend has been using a 9800 pro and it works great till now :DAlthough He has bought another card but He still has the his previous card. :D

Is this topic supposed to be about which one we think is better? It doesn't necessarily have to be the card's fault, as it could just be faulty drivers. For example, the Nvidia drivers for Linux have bad support for 2D acceleration (which KDE4 makes a lot of use of). Although they're working on it, this shouldn't be the case, as they're a commercial company, and should have had more than just 3D acceleration support—which i wouldn't be suprised if the Windows drivers had full support. Faulty drivers can also cause the GPU fan to run at unnecessary speeds.

Could not figure out if your ATI had any other problems. As far as the two card manufacturers are concerned, Nvidia rules the graphics card domain. As the comparisions go Nvidia has more cads the add power at low budget. The common aggrement was that ATI had some untapped potential in its cards that just needed to be experimented upon. ATI simply needed more time - after all, Nvidia had six months to tweak its graphics drivers for the launch of DirectX 10.

[br]If you are plannng for Vista then ATI offcially supports the following Radeon cards for Vista: Radeon 9500, 9559, 9600, 9700, 9800, x300, x550, x600, x700, x800, x850, x1300, x1600, x1650, x1800, x1900, x1950. It also supports All in Wonder, on board and Mobility cards. for more info and download  of drivers look at this site [url=\"http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html\"]http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html[/url][/br]To find out more about Vista support for Nvidia cards check this siet [url=\"http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

I prefer NVIDA, i have used a few ATI cards, and a few NVIDA cards, as well as some other less popular ones...NVIDA has always been faster and more up to date with the latest technology in my opinion!Alsthough ATI does have its advantages, like Crossfire....

I prefer NVIDA, i have used a few ATI cards, and a few NVIDA cards, as well as some other less popular ones...

NVIDA has always been faster and more up to date with the latest technology in my opinion!

Alsthough ATI does have its advantages, like Crossfire....

:) Nvidia has SLI and I don't remember where but I saw they can put up 3-4 cards in SLI .. :)

Well, i think today, the differences between both nvidia gforce and ati radeon are almost none, but if you asked me what graphic card would you want to use for my personal computers and/or laptops would be one, nvidia gforce, why, simply because i have been using nvidia gforce cards since i had my first computer, and actually, all the computers and laptops i bought, all had the nvidia gforce graphic card incorporrated in the hardware already.I guess that people buy ati radeon graphic cards when they want to build a computer themselfs, i must say that i hardly see an atiradeon graphic card in a computer to be selled on companies.

when i replaced my card i also replaced the compound between processor and heatsink on my cpu, it was used when i bought it, although i never noticed an overheating problem... but i may put it back in if i could run both cards, has anyone done this i would then have two vga ports, 1 dvi port, 1 composite, and two svideo ports i have a k9a2platinum board so i have 4 pci-e slots

when i replaced my card i also replaced the compound between processor and heatsink on my cpu, it was used when i bought it, although i never noticed an overheating problem... but i may put it back in if i could run both cards, has anyone done this i would then have two vga ports, 1 dvi port, 1 composite, and two svideo ports i have a k9a2platinum board so i have 4 pci-e slots

I am sorry but I didn't understand this properly but still i'll give it a try ..

Either you want to put back the thermal compound back on your processor or you want two graphics card in Crossfire configuration ( since thats what your motherboard supports)

1. If its the thermal compound problem - you should remove the fan on your processor, and put the thermal compound properly on your processor and then replace the fan. but I believe you've done this already

2. If you want the crossfire configuration - there are two things you need

(1). Two graphics card (ATI)

Crossfire Edtion as Master

Crossfire Ready as Slave

You cannot use ATI and NVIDIA cards together. Either TWO Crossfire type ATI cards or a SINGLE NVIDIA card

(2). Crossfire connector - this joins the two cards

I haven't configured it myself but you must have got a manual with your motherboard that will tell you how to enable it

P.S. although your motherboard has 4 PCI-Ex slots but you will be able to use only 2 at a time. I am not really sure though. If you get all four working pls do write how you did it :)

Also Your motherboard does not support SLI meaning you won't be able to put up two NVIDIA cards

I am sorry but I didn't understand this properly but still i'll give it a try ..

Either you want to put back the thermal compound back on your processor or you want two graphics card in Crossfire configuration ( since thats what your motherboard supports)

1. If its the thermal compound problem - you should remove the fan on your processor, and put the thermal compound properly on your processor and then replace the fan. but I believe you've done this already

2. If you want the crossfire configuration - there are two things you need

(1). Two graphics card (ATI)

Crossfire Edtion as Master

Crossfire Ready as Slave

You cannot use ATI and NVIDIA cards together. Either TWO Crossfire type ATI cards or a SINGLE NVIDIA card

(2). Crossfire connector - this joins the two cards

I haven't configured it myself but you must have got a manual with your motherboard that will tell you how to enable it

P.S. although your motherboard has 4 PCI-Ex slots but you will be able to use only 2 at a time. I am not really sure though. If you get all four working pls do write how you did it :)

Also Your motherboard does not support SLI meaning you won't be able to put up two NVIDIA cards

i more prefer to use ATI bcoz ATI very good in gaming and also video processing. Although nvidia card is quiet good, but the price are too high. like ATI 4870 and 260GTX, same perfomance but 260GTX 20% expensive than 4870. one thing i need to mention is nvidia is

not good such as ATI in video processing.

actually, running with 2 different graphic cards is possible.

but only motherboard with X58 chipset can support those technology

it could be burn money if you get such computer

I understand the cross-fire config, mobo came with all the necessary cables, and directions.... when i get the money i will go with a ati config due to mobo design, after i find a good deal on a phenom cpu i now use a sempron 64 1.8 that i had up to 2.6 with no problems, but for a short time the factory 1.8 seems to run every thing just fine... but for now i had to save money and the used ati did not work for my games so a 30.00 nvidia was the solution, but as stated i guess running dual video cards is like running dual processors, every thing must match or be designed for such

x58 can run either SLI or Crossfire but you won't be able to run both the technologies simultaneouslyas far as I know the two architectures are slightly different, while x58 supports SLi by default, the chip supporting Crossfire is also there so it supports that alsoI am slightly confused, but sure that both the configuration simultaneously wont be possible

I personally prefer ATI mainly because it suits my needs a lot better. Their cards, I find, are very good for video rendering and movie playing and things like that. If I was more of a gamer, I would go for NVidia because they can give the performance needed to play hardcore games like Crysis and such. I have an ATI card in my laptop right now, and it really does what I need it to do. I can't expect too much out of it because it is a pretty low end mobile card, but it is way better than nothing. I am kind of sad that Apple is using NVIDIA cards now. I am buying a MacBook soon and it is one thing that turns me off of them. But they still offer amazing performance, so I don't mind as much.

Well, not so much ago Nvidia used to "own" the GPUs market, with Ati having to use higher clocks and more expensive architechture to get at least the same performance of Nvidia cards, but nowadays, it seems like ATi its doing his comeback, thanks to their new HD 4XXX series. It's their price/performance ratio what attracts the clients (including myself). Now Nvidia is having a hard time trying to match Ati's prices, but thats almost impossible with the architecture nvidia is using, it's way too expensive, there are Ati products that are just 10% less performant than Nvidia products for less than half the price :P I certainly prefer ATI, (by now...) as you get the same quality for less money, and in a few days im getting my Radeon HD 4850 :P now thats a card with an amazing price/performance ratio.