xisto Community
OpaQue

RULES - READ ON WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR Spammers will be banned promptly.

The Rules and Guidelines.
Be sure to read them thoroughly! Always keep them in the back of your head when making an action at the forum, for otherwise they may result in you receiving the appropriate punishment.

I hope you understand and respect these rules, any comments about it may be directed to Administrators.

> THE RULES <

THIS FORUM IS MEANT FOR TOPICS RELATED TO "WHAT IS?" i.e. For Explaining new things, issues, terms or any idea. But you may NOT create any topic which does not give any explanation.

Spamming will get you banned straight away. No futher explanations will be entertained. So be careful before you think about spamming by creating any spam topic.

YOU ARE FREE TO REPLY AND COMMENT TO ANY POSTED "WHAT IS?" EXPLANATIONS.

We thank you for your understanding and commitment,
The Administration Staff.

Um so we can talk about anything we learned but does it have to be computer related because it seems to be in the technology and internet forums space. Or can it be like the fact that I learned yesterday that the United States is one of very few Capitolistic countries and stuff like that?

Um so we can talk about anything we learned but does it have to be computer related because it seems to be in the technology and internet forums space. Or can it be like the fact that I learned yesterday that the United States is one of very few Capitolistic countries and stuff like that?

47511[/snapback]

Yep, anything new that you learned...just give an explanation.

Or can it be like the fact that I learned yesterday that the United States is one of very few Capitolistic countries

You want to unlearn that one - it's simply not true.

You want to unlearn that one - it's simply not true.

157495[/snapback]

I think I might have had a post removed. The topic was about defining courtroom tv. I thought I had followed all the guidelines, but maybe I missed something? It was a bit long and researched, but I thought it would be of interest to everyone. So many peole think that stuff is real. Anyway, I respect your rules and the decision of the moderator that pulled it, but I would like an explanation so that I don't accidently waste my time writing another detailed post that gets deleted again. I hope it wasn't considered as the dreaded SPAM. :P

Thanks for your help!

areawe,I decided to move that to General Talk section. As a moderator pointed out, you copied the majority of your information from some place else. If you understood the drama set and the complicated written script that was involved in making a Courtroom TV, why didn't you just write what you have learned in your own words instead of copying and pasting? When a majority of your post (I consider 51% to be majority) consists of quotes, it may be considered as spam.

areawe,

I decided to move that to General Talk section. As a moderator pointed out, you copied the majority of your information from some place else. If you understood the drama set and the complicated written script that was involved in making a Courtroom TV, why didn't you just write what you have learned in your own words instead of copying and pasting? When a majority of your post (I consider 51% to be majority) consists of quotes, it may be considered as spam.

161660[/snapback]

Doh! Sorry I didn't realize that it had been moved. And I admit it! I did copy the words from somewhere else, but please don't jump to conclusions. It was completely written by myself and not stolen from somewhere... I would never do that. I wrote this in Microsoft Word because it's much easier for me to see the words, check for spelling, punctuation, etc when writing a long post - my grammar and spelling seem to go down hill when I get outside of word processors! :P Thanks for your help!

Areawe, please note that even if you've written it, and took it off someone else on your site/computer or whatever! It MUST be in quotes. I didn't move the topic I just put the thing in quotes. I'm sorry if you did write it yourself but under your post it says "Source", meaning you didn't write it.

Areawe, please note that even if you've written it, and took it off someone else on your site/computer or whatever! It MUST be in quotes. I didn't move the topic I just put the thing in quotes. I'm sorry if you did write it yourself but under your post it says "Source", meaning you didn't write it.

161719[/snapback]

LOL I must be completely dense or something! This is a post I wrote myself, but I still have to put it in quotes just because I prefer to write in Microsoft Word? That just makes no sense though. There has got to be something I'm missing here. This is the way I always write if it's going to be something lengthy. Is that against the rules? It is difficult for me to write a large post in this small box with such a small font. I have a very small screen - maybe that's why it looks so tiny to me. "Sources" just means it is where I researched the information. I put it there in case anyone wanted to read more about the topic. Maybe I should have just named it "Additional Information" or "Links of Interest" or something?

LOL I must be completely dense or something! This is a post I wrote myself, but I still have to put it in quotes just because I prefer to write in Microsoft Word? That just makes no sense though. There has got to be something I'm missing here. This is the way I always write if it's going to be something lengthy. Is that against the rules? It is difficult for me to write a large post in this small box with such a small font. I have a very small screen - maybe that's why it looks so tiny to me. "Sources" just means it is where I researched the information. I put it there in case anyone wanted to read more about the topic. Maybe I should have just named it "Additional Information" or "Links of Interest" or something?

161725[/snapback]

Oh, areawe, I understand, you researched it from that link, but wrote you own article on it. I see. I'm sorry for any trouble we might've caused (I was part of the decision towards it being spam, so I apologize for that.)

Next time, yeah, like you said, name it "Additional Information", so as not to confuse anybody. This was a misunderstanding on the staff's part, and we're sorry for that.

Guys, can we find that post and restore it for him please?

Alrighty, that should settle things. Sorry again.

Oh, areawe, I understand, you researched it from that link, but wrote you own article on it. I see. I'm sorry for any trouble we might've caused (I was part of the decision towards it being spam, so I apologize for that.)

Next time, yeah, like you said, name it "Additional Information", so as not to confuse anybody. This was a misunderstanding on the staff's part, and we're sorry for that.

Guys, can we find that post and restore it for him please?

Alrighty, that should settle things. Sorry again.

161731[/snapback]

*takes her chill pill* Whew! I was beginning to get upset! :P LOL, I'm glad it's all settled now. Thanks for hearing me out. Next time I'll be sure not to use "Source." Sorry for the mixup!

I would like to reiterate this section's posting rules again.

Did you discover something today or learn something new? Tell it to others, and exchange general knowledge and information. IMPORTANT : READ PINNED TOPIC REGARDING RULES!

The first sentence states that YOU discovered something new or learned. The subject is YOU and not "benefit for others." Which means that although you may think the information posted will benefit other members, What Is...? section is dedicated to spread the general knowledge. If you are going to contradict your finding by defying the intended term, then it belongs in the Debate section. If you would like to inform others that is NOT NEW to YOU, it belongs in General Talk or Regional section.

Moderators are here to subjugate and congregate hundreds of posts per day to its rightful place. Your post is not any lesser if it's moved to better suited place. If your initial post does not comply with the forum description it will be moved. Please don't think that it's redeemed when moved back to the author's intended section.

i have learned today that george bush is the next hitler (I.E hitler II)and also dont reply to this one cause then you'll be bumming the crap leader and the great redneck (i'm white myself so you can't call racism)

Notice from saint-michael:
this is complete spam, warning issued credits reduce.