xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Tv Or Internet Where do you get your info from

Okay here is all is in a nut shell. Now we have the internet, not only in our homes, work and schools. but also on Cell Phones. Who watched the TV anymore for news and information? Now it is all just a click of a mouse button and bam your there. I feel as the TV is getting to be a thing of the past. Yes they now have there HD but and you can search this. The HD TV's use more power than a desktop PC. In this day of going green and all that. Where do you get your info from?TV or the internet?

The internet, mainly because thats where I get most of my TV, but also I don't watch the news its depressing, on the internet I get to pick and choose what I know.

I get most of my information off the internet sinceI hardly watch t.v anymore.I do likec reading the newspaper but certainly don't enough lately. Theres something so relaxing and entertaining about a cofee and the newspaper.

I pretty much get all my info on the internet as the news is mostly brand new and not outdated by the time the paper gets here in which I just read the comics, dear Abby, and more somewhat scary accurate horoscope. Of course if I happen to get board I check out the local paper online and check to see if anyone talks about it on the paper's forum, which I have posted in a couple of times.

I prefer the internet because I can get it whenever I want then. Plus I can just watch the TV on the internet so its 2 in 1. There is also a lot more options on the internet with different views (yes, news stations are biased) and different depths they go into the subject. Plus you can get a lot more targeted news from different sites, versus a general news outlet. And you can do them simultaneously. Doing that on a TV just doesn't work out.

I much prefer the internet. There's never any re-runs on here unless I want there to be, and most TV programs are lame now. The internet has no waiting for whatever time a program comes on, no commercial breaks, and if I want to watch something, there's always Youtube.

Internet cause i can find what i want whenever i want and because i can check multiple sources and see if the information is valid. Also the news are to depressing and no real news are given just people dying and stuff like that. Also on the net you can see what people think about the news u can debate news so it's way better.

Internet. I don't usually read news on internet neither do I watch the news on tv, it's just boring. But most of the INFO I get from the web.I don't think net is going to beat the tv anytime soon since computer monitors aren't going to get 50 inch big anytime soon. And it's just fun to sit on the sofa and watch your favourite shows and movies.

I use both, but I am also very careful as to what information I take as being true and all. There are many, many false reports both in the news and online.You must first understand that your local news needs to make money. That is their primary goal. Therefore, they will often do what is called "yellow journalism," which is more or less turning something un-dramatic into something dramatic for the purpose of dragging your attention in.The online news places do the same thing.Along with this, the news are always going to be biased towards and against something. You can hear the same report about an event that happened(especially during the election times) and both of them take completely different sides. One will say something happened, the other will say something different happened, etc. Like if Obama and McCain got in a fight, one would claim Obama started it, the other would claim McCain viciously assaulted Obama for no apparent reason.So really, if you look at it, both of them have tons of faults. You just have to read multiple reports about the same things and then draw your own conclusions based on that.

Mostly from the newspaper and from people around me. And of course occasionally from the internet. Even though the internet is the biggest source of information, I like the newspaper because it's up to date and it has topics that everyone is currently talking about in them.

For information Tv is best that i think. We not need to search news there only with remote button changing channels like BBC, CNN inform us about what happening in the world. In internet we need to browse many news websites but they still don't inform you all about because of they have to sell their magazine too. All news that comes in Internet can't be fact and Local news papers want to earn money from their locally news so they also may ideal. I like to Get more information through internet and fast and reliable news from TV. I use internet as my entertainment, downloading songs, reading articles, tutorials, chatting and many more. But i use TV for looking Films (Old one). Video songs, Live Matches(Sports).

Most of the times I get the information from the Internet, I read from the Newspaper pages online, if there are really important news then I turn on the tv to see what is people saying on the news channels and stuff... But I basically use the tv to play haha the serious stuff happens on the computer.. :P

THe internet is convenient because you can get it when its convenient for you instead of nightly at a certain time. That means you're up to date alot quicker... Still I do watch the news on TV when it's on. Sometimes I read the newspaper too... Depends on whats convenient at the time.

Television is an antiquated dinosaur, a thing of the past (oops, was I redundant?) as far as the diminished role it plays in my life. I simply dont have the time or patience for the dumbed-down trash the media whores so enjoy pushing on Joe Six-pack and his gullible ilk. One thing Ive noticed is the longer I avoid it the more offensive I find it upon turning it on again. Try it yourself sometime. Turn the stupid thing off for a week and enjoy the uncensored freedom of the Internet and the written word. When you turn it back on, you too may find yourself disgusted by how far the medium managed to degenerate in the span of one week. This highly regulated venue of propaganda is tightly censored and controlled by a mere handful of powerful entities with specific agendas, so it is no wonder the content appears similar regardless of station. Three hundred stations of *BLEEP*, I say. Even the so-called "history" channel plies propaganda.

Internet, on the other hand, has proven itself to be a true bastion of our beloved constitutions First Amendment, a true democratic venue of free thought. But the free speech that attracts many of us to the Internet is under attack. If you value your current freedom to visit the sites you want and create the content you want to the audience you want to attract, consider educating yourself on the many efforts being taken to undermine your internet. This is a good place to start: http://www.savetheinternet.com/sti-home
Were it not for the efforts of watchdog groups like the above our net neutrality would have long been lost by now.