xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ihost

Gmail Marked Windows Live Invitations As Spam

Hey,

Check this out guys, the new version of Windows Live that just came out lets you add friends to your social profile. It is pretty much similar to Facebook, myspace, hi5, etc.

Now the only problem is that these Live invites from friends may not reaching you as the mails are getting marked as spam in Gmail. Just a false-positive but may be costing Microsoft dear for sure.

Check this screen shot:

Posted Image

Tim.

Edited by ihost (see edit history)

Now the only problem is that these Live invites from friends may not reaching you as the mails are getting marked as spam in Gmail. Just a false-positive but may be costing Microsoft dear for sure.

Every person starts to send invite to each other then gmail will catch all of them as SPAM :). That is for sure. BTW i don't like microsofts strategies and i can't trust their business model anymore so i'm not going to join anyway. :)

No wonder in that, because gmail often marking their own gmail invitations as spam. Yes...some friends are still sending gmail invitations(even to gmail account) and my gmail marked them as spam. Not only their own service, it is marking some social networking invitaitons also as spam(Thats why I like gmail :) ).

The worst SPAM catcher mail software is Windows Live (Hotmail) i'm seeing maximum number of spam directly to my inbox. :) They forget to filter SPAM for me most of times. and hey where is spam filter MSN Live? You show ads on pages, you limit bandwidth for data storage and transfer. and after all that restriction you even allow SPAM, Live mail is one of the useless mail service you can try. I have moved my contacts from that now, and i'm keeping that loginID only for Windows Skydrive. :)

I think Gmail's filters are great, but things like this happen sooner or later. The worst filters are Yahoo's, as I sent an email from my own account to THE SAME ACCOUNT and it was marked as spam (wtf).

Perhaps you should add yourself to your addressbook....
Firstname: Disturbed
Lastname: One
Email: xxxx@yahoo.com (your email address here)
:lol:

The reasoning behind this is some spam filters will not filter out email if the sender is in your addressbook.

Most people these days communicate over social networks, so I'm surprised spam hasn't taken to social networks the way it has become an integral part of email.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy