xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Camomile Tea

I've sometimes drank camomile tea to relax at night before sleepingwhich it appears to help. The thing is lately if I have one cup it's fine, but anymoremakes me thirsty.It's like it makes me de-hydrate.Notonly that but it makes me want to go to the washroom a lot tourinate. Has anybody else had this problem with camomile tea?

It turned out the dehydration wasn't from the camomiletea. During the winter the heat gets very dry so I just have to open the windowa little. For some reason though camomile tea does make me more thirsty after a few cups. I still like it, but only have a cup or two.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

I've sometimes drank camomile tea to relax at night before sleepingwhich it appears to help.
The thing is lately if I have one cup it's fine, but anymore
makes me thirsty.It's like it makes me de-hydrate.Not
only that but it makes me want to go to the washroom a lot to
urinate.

Has anybody else had this problem with camomile tea?

Tea coffee will do that too you. also will make you more thisty. why you get that way is due to your output. I have really never understood why. your drinking but you in all honesty are putting out more than your taking in. Tea and coffee are just flushing out your system.

Chamomile Tea is great, I have trouble getting to sleep and drinking a cup of Chamomile before bed always helps me get to sleep. I looked up some information about it a while ago and here is some information I found.German Chamomile, which is commonly known as "Chamomile" (this is the "Chamomile" used in Tea), has been proven very effective agianst stomach aches and sleeping problems. In 2006 a review was taken and they came to find a number of beneficial effects of chamomile in in vitro and animal tests, the review did also state that more human tests were necessary before they could come to any conclusions. In the tests they found Chamomile did the following things:Chamomile sped healing time on animal woundsSome benefits to animals with DiabetesVery preliminary in-vitro results show potential against cancerSome potential risks include:Interference with warfarin and infant botulism in very young children.Although extremely rare, very large doses of Chamomile may cause nausea and vomiting.Even more rare, Chamomile can cause a rash if taken in large doses.

I love Chamomile tea and it's the best medicine you can drink when you have a stomach ache, it works really good and it's natural, but I always prefer to buy the one that is completely natural that is the actual plant not the one with the tea bags, I fell the plant is way more stronger and works faster. Simply put a little bit of the plant in a cup with a little bit of water, one minute in the microwave, and then use a strainer to separate the water from the plant and drink it, it will do wonders...I love the plant by the way it's really cute with the little yellow flowers :P

Camomile benefits blood sugar.Camomile Tea

I  have just started  Camomile Tea 2 times per day for blood sugar levels.

One hour to 90 minutes after drinking it. My blood sugar levels drop by 20 percent.It is worth trying and testing sugar levels for yourself.

I have only tested this for one week,but will keep at it,as it definitely seems to lower sugar,and apparently has other health benefits as well.

-reply by Sophie

I am still  drinking Camomile Tea for blood sugar.

I had a blood sugar reading 8.8,,,,,,,I drank a cup of Camomile Tea ( 2 tea bags) and 45 minutes later my blood sugar was 5.7...

It ALWAYS drops after drinking this tea,the morning is sometimes the exception.

Sophie

-reply by Sophie