xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onscreen

Honda To Quit F1 Due To Global Crisis

Honda is pulling out of Formula One, blaming the world economic crisis for plans to sell its team.

Its a shocking news indeed. I am not a fan of F1 but i do monitor the progress of how Honda driver progress, they do have some serious competition in the track. The drivers needed to stay positive and hope for the very best for their F1 team, with 800 employees, it truly a huge team to manage.

Source : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I do think that with "F1 and some other sports we do waste lot of natural resources like petrol/gas/diesel etc. In fact we're moving to situation like we need those resources and money/mind is supposed to be diverted to some productive things/entertainment and sports i think. Anyway coming back to topic, its going to be challenge to handle team.

I haven't been watching Formula 1 recently... Unfortunately it lost all it's appeal to me when Schumacher retired. Although I haven't watched it recently I am sorry that it in so much financial trouble. Formula 1 is truly a dollar burning machine... With the current financial crisis they may have to adapt. But we all have to admit Formula 1 a source of progress. Formula 1 exchanges technology with the aeronautical industry and some of that technology ends up in the cars we drive on the road. Maybe all that progress requires lots and lots of dollars.Thinking about it - Formula 1 on a tight budget - sounds kind of weird. Since it was started it was a competition of luxury, of technology; so with a small budget it's not Formula 1. Formula 1 was always something extravagant - it has a "down to earth" cousin ... the World Rally Championship. Could you imagine a Formula 1 car running on electricity? :) It would be nice if the last cars on Earth to work with fossil fuels would be Formula 1 cars :)

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)

Thanks for letting me know this news, but i am not that formula 1 addicted in order for this news to take a negative effect on myself, not even a bit if you ask me, honda does not an amazing job at formula 1, lets face the first fact, and then, counting with the global problem concerning sails of their products, namely, cars and cars products of all kind.What it really affect me, is the fact of honda, beeing a big company, is going to put a lot of employees without a job, and that is really bad news to a lot of families which depend on honda for their salaries to put food on the table for their kids/family.I hope is not going to be that dramatique, but that is almost a fact according to my knowldge and life experience.

Thanks for letting me know this news, but i am not that formula 1 addicted in order for this news to take a negative effect on myself, not even a bit if you ask me, honda does not an amazing job at formula 1, lets face the first fact, and then, counting with the global problem concerning sails of their products, namely, cars and cars products of all kind.
What it really affect me, is the fact of honda, beeing a big company, is going to put a lot of employees without a job, and that is really bad news to a lot of families which depend on honda for their salaries to put food on the table for their kids/family.

I hope is not going to be that dramatique, but that is almost a fact according to my knowldge and life experience.

I think this will affect the drivers the most , especially Jenson Button who still has a lot to to give. Honda are close to simply giving away the team , that can't be good for morale . I'm sure they'll find someone

Its a shocking news indeed. I am not a fan of F1 but i do monitor the progress of how Honda driver progress, they do have some serious competition in the track. The drivers needed to stay positive and hope for the very best for their F1 team, with 800 employees, it truly a huge team to manage.

Source : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

One of my friend was telling me about this. This is indeed bad news man... Heard that Honda is also trying to sell the team to some other potential buyers... If not, its going to withdraw its support and God knows what will happen next. After this, some of the other companies might also consider this option and withdraw support for their teams or disown them... Lets see what happens.

Honda havn't really even been doing that well in F1 I am not supprised they are pulling out, It kind of scare's you a bit though because they are one of the biggest car companys... and they are pulling out the only reason the small companys are still in F1 is because they win and they get a heck load of money :D