xisto Community
miladinoski

The Reputation Buttons At The Right Bottom Are Gone Where are they gone and do you want them back?

Reputation buttons  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I noticed that the buttons at the right bottom of the post are gone. Where are they gone [to the admins] and do you want them back [to all of you]? For me, they were pretty good, the trash can icon near a user name above the avatar icon showed that he spammed the topic (in most of the cases) or if they had an informative 'i' it showed that the user is quite the one you could trust.So, I want them back. What are your opinions?

I agree all the way. They helped a lot from what the icon said. For example, I don't like taking important advice from a spammer, or a WTFer. Thanks for starting the topic. I think we need it back, and hopefully soon. :)

Well odds are the rating system was specific to that version of the forum and so it might not work with this version and OpaQue hinted at the reputation system being brought back and so that will be very interesting to see here again. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing the rating system back here as well and so lets wait and see what happens next few weeks.

As S_M said, that modification was most likely a version that only worked with that particular version of the forums. Now that we've switched to a newer version of IPB, a newer version of the mod will need to be found and tested to make sure it works OK. Hopefully it will return, but you may just have to be patient - OpaQue has a massive pile of things to get working on the forums right now :)

I think it was kind of cool, and not to forget useful. Though rating of members is kind of weird really, and it would probably annoy someone if he/she was rated badly. Because that system kind of judge persons. Someone else in this thread said that he would not take advice from people with a "bad" rating, it is kind of sad. I do not think it should affect someones credits (well, we do not have that system anymore...) if lots of people rated them that they disagreed with them. Well I am not sure how that system works. But yes, I think people should earn more if they are rated well - but I do not wish that bad rating would pull someone down. If they are so badly rated and are doing so many things wrong (such as spam) then a mod would take care of them... wow, I am talking against myself here. Well anyway: I liked the system a little bit, but I would not whine if it does not return. I am okay.

I never really used the rating system once but I did notice that once someone receives their first rating that is automatically assigned to that user. If someone had a couple bad posts and someone rated them bad for it once that basically hurt them from gaining a positive reputation. Really the first impression is the worst as it would be hard for it to be made up at least in my opinion or maybe I just did not really understand how it worked very well. I would not mind it's return but I did not really pay much attention to it in my opinion of people's posts as I used my own. I guess if you do not know a person and they are sharing something in your own topic that could give you an impression of who they are and how you should judge their view.

Hmmm.....I like that rating system. I will take that as some feedback to my work here. It will be encouraging if some one rated us some good reputation like Thanks or Useful etc...I have some good reputation as well. So, hoping it will be back soon. :)

I think it was kind of cool, and not to forget useful. Though rating of members is kind of weird really, and it would probably annoy someone if he/she was rated badly. Because that system kind of judge persons. Someone else in this thread said that he would not take advice from people with a "bad" rating, it is kind of sad. I do not think it should affect someones credits (well, we do not have that system anymore...) if lots of people rated them that they disagreed with them. Well I am not sure how that system works. But yes, I think people should earn more if they are rated well - but I do not wish that bad rating would pull someone down. If they are so badly rated and are doing so many things wrong (such as spam) then a mod would take care of them... wow, I am talking against myself here.
Well anyway: I liked the system a little bit, but I would not whine if it does not return. I am okay.

You drive a good point there. Maybe we would all be better off letting the moderators do the spam control, etc. They were useful, and I would like to have them back, I just hope people don't abuse it!

I don't want the rep system, one person with a grudge against another could disagree or mark all someone elses posts with spam.
I just didn't like it at all.

If you clicked on their primary rating, then click on the rating (e.g. spam), it would tell you who rated them. It also lets you know who they've rated.

@xpress: Yeah, feedback is useful, I remember someone having in their sig to rate their post for feedback (can't remember who - was it you? :))

Well, personally, I think it is a good addition to the list of mods installed on Xisto... Although I think it is too easily abused...Many times already, I was marked as spam and bad spelling from many people who had just registered (I mean like not even a hour), and haven't even posted/or have but have blatantly posted spam...I think the system SHOULD be re-installed, but there should be some limitations on who should be able to "vote" or more likely, rate someone...A good limitation would be people who are hosted, or have reached over 50 (or so) posts without getting warned or banned...SO, I support this, but ONLY if there are limitations put in place to prevent false ratings...I don't actually rate people much, only if I remember... So if it IS re-installed, it should be put somewhere a bit more "noticeable"... i.e. A dropdown menu underneath the user's profile saying "Rate This Post" or something...

I agree we need to get that system back. But sometime some people get annoyed if they're rated badly,so we've to look for that as well. Some buttons give you idea about your work in Xisto while some buttons are too literal to get as harsh feedback. And now that Kontera and Mycents clicks are interests of members i hardly think most of the regular members will notice those reputation buttons. In this case, i remember old +/- reputation buttons, that was good option instead of reputation buttons like (spam,disagree buttons) +/- with reasoning that why you did that rating is much better than reputation buttons i think.Looks like opaque is busy bringing back "recent topics" and threads on forum and many other such tasks, i think let's see what he thinks about reputation buttons.

I'd like to see the problems with this layout get fixed first XD

+1 , Especially those "Recent Threads" and "Recent Topics" hack on theme. :)