xisto Community
BlueInkAlchemist

Divorce Case Discontinued Concerning divorce in Pennsylvania, USA

My wife and I have been separated for four years. I filed for divorce in 2005 while living in Butler County, PA. My wife never signed the papers, and I've been informed that as of October 18 of this year the case has been discontinued. I know for a fact my wife has no interest in reconciling with me, nor I with her.I now live in Montgomery County and have the option to e-file a new motion for divorce decree. How will my separation status affect the nature of the case? Butler County did not automatically grant the divorce, would law in Montgomery County different? Will I be able to do research at my local library, or is there a specific source I should be looking into?

I would suggest you question a Lawyer about this issue. It is not a trivial matter.

In the previous filing, I did go through an attorney. The experience was a decidedly unpleasant one, as I do not feel I was adequately represented. It's not something I'm eager to do again.

In Minnesota if you are in agreement you can get a divorce with one short form. It takes about thirty days. If your partner wants a divorce, see if that's a possibility in your state. (Maybe you already have, if so I guess I won't be any help!)