xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Which Is The Best Mp3 To Wav Converting Software

Dear friends out there Now programms as such are used widely isnt it So how many of you have used a MP3 to WAV converting software. What I want to know is which is the software which you use for the purpose mentioned above. Is it available for free or you have to buy one. And why according to you is it the best one to be used for the purpose. Please let me know dear friends. So that I could also try the software of your choice. Thanks in advance.

Any audio editor pretty much converts the MP3 into WAV automatically when importing the MP3. The only difference is that it doesn't save the file into a WAV file (in a non-temporary location). The thing about doing such conversions is that, unless the MP3 is at least CD quality, the MP3 due to compression will have lost some data, and all the data that could be retrieve is what will be in the WAV file. So if you're converting for the sake of quality, the MP3 should be at high quality. But you can use Audacity for your conversions and editing. It's free and open.

truefusion is right .. You can't/shouldn't convert a low quality MP3s.. One more thing though.. You won't get a WAV of same quality with the same size as MP3. Thats why ppl convert Wav to MP3 and not MP3 to WAV :)Another thing to keep in mind while performing the conversion would be the bitrate - whether it is variable or fixed. If its a VBR quality MP3 and you uncompress it , You might get a huge WAV :)Anyways, Audacity is the only program I know of.. I had another one called Cheetah audio converter but I don't think its available now.. If you want to convert from WAV to MP3, LAME is the best :DAnd if you are ready to buy something, Go for Sony Sound Forge :D

I find Audacity good software for recording but not so good for wav to mp3 conversion.Too much sound quality disintegration. I've used another converter called switch(somewhat better) but I've yet tofind a converter that is to my liking.

Try Media Convert, I do all of my WAV to Mp3 converting there, and it works the other way. I've never converted Mp3 to WAV, so I don't really know about the quality. It's also free and always there, unlike Switch and Audacity, which are shareware and bug you after so many conversions/days.

Audacity conversion qualityWhich Is The Best Mp3 To Wav Converting Software

Audacity intigrates quite well with LAME although Audacity does not truly convert to or from MP3 by itself.  Once plugged into Audacity and set up, you tend to not notice you are using LAME in there.

LAME handles the conversion and is very configurable with Audacity or without, and can make extremely high quality MP3 or extremely small MP3 files.  Only you can choose where to draw the compromise line.  It also comes with templates for helping show you how to use it natively,  in batch programs, or write your own programs to handle the front end.

media converter SharewareWhich Is The Best Mp3 To Wav Converting Software

Audacity is free and has not offered me any ads for many years.

You are right, Switch is shareware and poorly advertized as free which REALLY bugs you when it later turns some features off to insist being paid.  I would not mind at all if I only knew up front that it was not free.

Although not the fastest or best, Switch is the only solution I've found near the price that allows several edits to be listed in the same batch operation with conversion to MP3.  I can drop several hours of files in and come back half an hour later to find them all trimmed front and back, volume levelled, noise removed, cleaned, and converted to MP3.

I'm off now to give Media Convert a try to see if it saves me registering fees for an extra edit PC; or if it recovers FILE000?.CHK files better. (asking too much, I know)