xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

Mozilla Or Firefox since you all seem to hate on IE

Mozilla or Firefox  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well these seem to be the two most used but which one is actually better as far as site that are coded for Ie but then have to make the transition to Firefox or Mozilla?Because Firefox doesn't make my internet browsing any faster ever since I got Netscape. It seems that some places that I guess were coded are compliant with IE a lot more than Firefox. I haven't tried Mozilla but I don't want to bother if it is slower than Mozilla.

I like firefox better than mozilla. Eventhough they are made by the same people. I think that firefox is a little easier to use then mozilla is. But that is ju8t my opinion.

I prefer Firefox. Mozilla provides alot of helpful utilities that I wouldn't use. Firefox is bare-boned and fast. Plus, Firefox can have hundreds of plugins installed to enhance its capabilities.

Well I just dled Mozilla. It seems to be running faster than Firefox. But we will see when I get home. This is just an office computer.

Personally, I like IE since FireFox takes so long to load up for some reason...but between Mozilla and Firefox, Firefox is better just because it has more capabilities and the icon looks better...>_>I has tons of extensions/plug-ins/and themes you can download so it makes your experience online either more enjoyable, or just easier. I tend to use it when I am sick of the IE interface and want something different, and it blocks pop-ups without me having to set anything. Mozilla is nice, but it's just too plain and simple for me =/But yeah, Firefox all the way.

Firefox is designed for beginers, for people just switching from the deprecated IEMozilla is designed for advanced users. It as much more options and features, but that can frighten beginers.Just find in which case you are and choose the right browser.By the way, there is an intermediate level between them, still with the same render engine (Gecko) : KMeleon, but it's win32 only (it's the faster graphic browser on win32)

I'm amazed that no one has mention Opera, but, oh well, Anyways, Firefox is much better than Mozilla, becuase, for one thing, it's currenltythe newest verion of the browser that the mozilla team is releasing, this means that the coding and other features are most up-to-date than the other ones.

Actually, Mozilla 1.7.5 has been released after Firefox 1.0. So Firefox isn't really "newer". And if you want the newest versions you can get nightly builds from Mozilla's ftp site (both Firefox and Mozilla suite).I prefer Firefox to Mozilla because I use Firefox as a browser, and the Mozilla Suite mainly adds non-brower stuff, which I have other apps for (like email and so on).

I prefer firefox, it seems to more simple and have less "bloat", and it's very responsive. Though I haven't downloaded the latest mozilla, Firfox is good enough for me, especially after that "speed up firefox" topic. :P

oh well, Anyways, Firefox is much better than Mozilla, becuase, for one thing, it's currenltythe newest verion of the browser that the mozilla team is releasing, this means that the coding and other features are most up-to-date than the other ones.

You're absolutly wrong : Mozilla Firefox 1.0 is more than 6 months behind Mozilla 1.8a6.

The 1.8 branch adds many new features and improvements (like speed). The 1.7 branch (used by Mozilla Firefox 1.0) is really old...

I'd take Firefox over Mozilla anyday for several reasons:1. Firefox is about 1/2 smaller than Mozilla in download size2. Firefox provides only the features that you need to use the internet - and nothing more3. Everyone uses Firefox :angry:

i like firefox over any browser because of its security. when i used IE i would always end up with these things automatically installing themselves and with firefox i haven't had that happen once