xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Please Review This Website.

Dear friends one of my friend developed this website and he said me to review the same. And I have made my comments and sent to him. But I want all my expert friends out here to reveiw the same not only on the basis of looks, professionalism but also contents. Here I would like to mention one thing specially that he is ?a programmer and not a designer and moreover this is the first ever site developed by him. Please do give your professional suggetions along with the tips to improve it content wise and look wise. the name of his website is:

sknsoftwares dot tk

Honestly , you need to get away from tables. Try and find some free web templates , I'll list some here:

http://www.styleshout.com/
https://templated.co/

It will make your site look more professional , as at the moment it looks rather dismal. Customers don't want to keep looking at the same dull skin. Also , try and use some more images and stylesheets. If you are a programmer , you should surely know about CSS and HTML? Try and use some custom fonts and images , and a more dynamic navigation interface , such as rollover buttons , or perhaps integrate wordpress? It can look great and takes very little time. And there plenty of free themes for wordpress too , so I'd recommend taking a look a it. There really isn't much to review your site on , as there is very little content and hardly anything the user can relate to. And align the adverts at the top , they completely mess up the page.

The first thing you should do is to replace "Welcom" with "Welcome". :) I hate those tiny little typos, even though I am not very good at it myself. You could easy remove the ".tk" with something else - .com if you can afford to for example buy it here at Trap. Or just have .trap17. Scary name but it is worth a try.Beside that I agree with the previous poster. Find a cleaner, calmer and more professional design with some other colours than the ones you have.

I have to agree with everything that you need to expand on your website's look, the tables are ok but I think you could do more with them with a bit of CSS and some more organization to the website itself. Definitely need to do more about what your site is about and work on the content as well and by the looks of your website that your a developer I think it would be better to get a .com or .net to be more of a professional website as well.

Definitely more colour, and I think the navigation bar on top needs buttons not regular links, also try to make it wider cuz now it's like in middle of the page and it's made with frames, it doesn't look like a professional site I'm sorry. For the looks: use css and dump those frames and use xhtml, these things are pretty easy to learn. I would also make it change the width of the container or whatever it is. That add on top of the page looks kinda stupid since it cuts into smooth background colour with white line. It would be nice if the banner would be bigger and then the company name comes ON the banner, now it's like there's the banner and then comes the company name without any special look, yea and change that "Welcom" to "Welcome". If you decide to change to css and need help you can always ask me. Tk is nice but kinda unpprofessional for a company website, try to get .com or .net since you get those "free" here at Xisto. Oh and remember, MORE COLOUR! Otherwise it just looks dull! :P :P :P

I agree with the rest here. Sorry but rates a 4 out of 10. sorry to be so harsh

Thank you very much to all of my friends out there who reveiwed the website really in a professional manner I will follow all the suggestions given by you people and try to make it more professional and good looking. Thanks once again.?

Well it's a 3 out of 10, three just because it's simple to use. The rest is bad in my opinion. Firs i think it needs more content, like some screen shot of the software, features, go on every professional software site and copy their layout and info that the offer.Second get a CSS theme or something cause it looks bad. Just yellow with is not that good of a color for a business site. Try some black + red themes or Grey+red+blue or something. The site is to plain. Nothing stands out. Change the picture at the top and design a logo not just a text with an unusual font.And third remove Google ads from there. If you don't make any income from it there is no use to make your site worse for no reason.If you don't know how to use the themes like that or something try using a CMS (content management system) Like Drupal and go with the default themes the are way better then what u have.Sorry if i was to harsh but i think the site needs serious work if you want to be competitive.

I am sorry if I sound mean, but I am giving the design 2/10. Like Ousk said, I am only giving you 2 because it is simple to use. The design itself was horrible, the tables look unprofessional, use <div> and CSS for better results, if you need help with your layout add me on MSN: triplebtalk@live.com.au or Yahoo (username) triplebtalk. I also found the English was very poor, I did not put the language into consideration, but again, if you need any help PM me or add me at any of the above addresses. If you want your web page to look professional you might want to consider some heavier colors (example here). Otherwise you need to go the other way completely, make the colors light and bright, the dull yellow sits very badly for me. If you coded it by HTML, you might want to take a HTML lesson (here), after that you can do a lesson in CSS (here) and that will make your web design neater and it will look cleaner.

Other than that, you could consider a different format, such as Flash. If design isn't your thing, try and think of it as a mathematical equation, use the numbers in the CSS to guide you. Good luck :P