xisto Community
the blonde girl

Your career...? Where are you heading?

Since the number of members is not that high, I don't think I'm going to get an overwhelming response on this topic, since some people are still not sure about where they're heading and what they're going to do in the future.But for those who do know, what's your path?I, myself, am interested in journalism and cinematography, but am still looking for new interests since I have the time to do so.

I don't the what good im gonna do in life. But, I sincerely not much intrested in money and stuff. ATM, I am doing Computer Engineering and I have no hopes for a Job after that. I am intrested in computers and I would rather go for POST degree after that. All i know is that I will keep learning for my entire life, and handle any project or take over any career that suits my intrest. If they dont come along my way, I am goin to continue it. Money is only a part of my life. As far as careers are concerned, I would like to suggest one thing. Dont make a HELL out of your life by going behind money or forcefully planning a career which is in huge demand but does not intrest you at all. Ur WORK life will be a HELL, even though u will be making huge loads of money, u will have no satisfaction. Do What intrests u, and if you manage to make even the tiniest career out of it. U will have job satisfaction, each and every day. However, I belive, If you follow your intrest and work on it sincerly, U will get success! B)

You're right, shridhar. Your reasoning is completely correct. But right now in this world, even if you say you don't need money, you can't help needing it. Almost everything revolves around money. You'll need it even if you don't want to.

So even if I want to take up something of my interest, I think my career would be nursing, even though I might faint at the sight of blood. That's what most people want me to take, and for good reasons.

To be sure, I don't know B)

B) ...I agree with you Shridhar aboutthe job satisfaction thing. But there are three things:1: the one which interests you and you always WANTED do it ..2: the one which doesnt interest you much but you still LIKE to do it.3: The one which doesnt interest you at all and you WILL NOT to it at any cost. The first category people are the LUCKIEST people in the world , because they r doing a job they always wanted and they will KEEP ON doing it cz this job is providing them ENOUGH earning + mental satisfaction so they dont have to be bothered about their financial condition . They r doing good. B) and they not gonna leave their field even someone pays them 50% more but if someone offers them for 100% rise then they might think about leaving their current field.. :D The second category people like most of us are the ones who if not the luckiest one but still they are satisfied with their work and doing job which never interested them much but coz of some other other reasons ( money, parents desire, status, and fashion). I agree with chelcy that its always our initial thought to go for our interests, but in the end it all comes down to money. The way we pave our careers, the reason behind reasigning, searching for better options...its more for money than satisfaction. A good learner is always the one who istension-free and its very necessary for a good learner to be a good earner..Like i already said , you wont live alone forever , There will be individuals having their fates on yer earning .You are going to support your family . So..in more than 90% cases , job satisfaction comes with Good income .. :D .......the third category , is the category for innocents , i dont wanna discuss it .. B) .. Comments accepted.. :P

Im personaly going into computers, repair, programing, security, just about everthing lol

even though I might faint at the sight of blood.

I love blood, blood is good, and it tastes !good!

i agree with noxit, chelcy and shridhar. my country is one of those which the mindset of most citizen is to earn as much as possible as in my country, the gap between the rich and the poor are getting larger and the poorer are alomost treated like second class citizen, they are even worst off than foreigner.well basicaly im a application developer aka programmer, working environment is good and job interest is there but still my pay is low, compared to my friends B)

I was very serious about music when I was in high school, so I thought that I wanted to be a musician.Right now, I'm looking to International Relations/Politics... focus on Economics. It's kind of strange, but after watching many hours of 'The West Wing,' I got inspired. I looked into the kinds of jobs that characters such as Josh Lyman and Leo McGarry have, and they seem like interesting career choices. I'm not saying I'm as naive to think I could get a senior staff position in the White House, but other jobs with those skills seem challenging and rewarding.