xisto Community
galexcd

Walmart Employee Trampled To Death On Black Friday.

For those of you who don't live in america and are not aware, today was somewhat of a holiday known as black friday: It is the day after thanksgiving here and it is best known for being an amazing marketing gimmick for large retail chains. Most stores open at 5 am to be greeted by lines and lines of shoppers who have been camping outside for days waiting for the great deals. First off I'm not even sure why people go so crazy for this holiday. The deals are pretty good (I got some pretty good deals last year), but I certainty won't camp outside the front of the stores for days, yet alone care enough about them to mindlessly step on an employee while I try to look for merchandise.

So on with the story... A 34-year-old employee opens the doors at a walmart in Long Island, and is trampled to death by the stampede of people trying to get their discounted merchandise. I think this is just ridiculous. There is no way that every person entering in did not notice what happened. I wish they could charge every person who ran in the store at 5am with murder. Even after the paramedics arrived and were trying to resurrect him crowds still streamed in, hardly anyone stopping. The fact that these monsters live in the same country as me sickens me.

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

Automatic doors would of prevented this from happening as there would be no one to run over. I think what happen was the guys at the front was just too excited and figured running over him to get in first would be ok. Now the further back would have been thinking the same thing. I just want to get in screw this guy, I want my deals. Sadly this is most likely what happen and before anyone comes to their senses hes already dead?

First off I'm not even sure why people go so crazy for this holiday.

Because people are naturally greedy. Reminds me of when some garage in London were giving out free fuel. Brought out the worst in everyone...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7599639.stm

Black Friday sounds terrible though - all those people queuing up just to get a few quid off some merchandise (although I suppose I should have guessed that it's terrible - the clue is in the name). I'm glad we don't have it over here...

heh. Wow. I'm lucky I didn't go. I just ordered my stuff online and I got awesome deals :) Free shipping too! :)I feel sorry for the worker. I feel even more sorry for the people that had no manners, and no heart. The man was simply doing his job, and people decide to run over him like he means nothing. Pathetic. I'm sorry for his family that is not suffering from this, and the holidays are just around the corner. Very sad. They probably had a lot of things planned for the holidays. If that was my dad, I would be so furious because a bunch of *****'s ran over him to death.(Sorry for the language. I covered it up though)

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

Automatic doors would of prevented this from happening as there would be no one to run over.

I'm pretty sure the store had automatic doors, but even automatic doors need to be manually unlocked... Unless they are the ones from Jurassic park ("This is Unix, I know this!", says the 10 year old girl, hahaha)...

I'm pretty sure the store had automatic doors, but even automatic doors need to be manually unlocked...

I was going to say that!
When I first heard this I thought they were psycho to leave this guy on the ground. There weren't even that many good deals. I hope they charge every person who stepped on him with assault. Even if I wanted that $200 XBOX 360 that I was waiting in line for two days for, I would still help the poor dude up. He gave his life for what---$7 an hour...

Poor guy. This is all a result of crazy consumerism that's been on the rise for a long time now. I guess with the current "economic crisis" people want more deals to save a bit of cash. It's still pathetic though and I hope all those people who trampled him know that they did it and feel guilty for the rest of their lives.

I heard this this morning, it is really sad that the guy probably never had a chance. Someone brought up the idea of looking up the video tapes and finding the faces of all the customers that stepped on him or trampled over him and charging them with man slaughter. Of course some people never saw him until he was under their feet so that would not really be fair but I thought it was an interesting idea. I feel bad for that man and his family as it's a tough time to lose someone and for a stupid reason as well.

Hello!!! I myself was ex-employee for Walmart.. the store was 3502 in Hamilton, Ohio.. an let me tell you.. it was the worst storeever! the management was mediocre when it came to security! i mean come on.. we had thieves trying to constantly steal from the auto department! we had ex-employees stealing mp3 players? come on?! I was actually working that one Black Friday, when someone got punched in the 'Lay-away' section and in "Electronics"! I made good friends working there.. and there are good people there... but the management needs help, fire the store manager for poor management and no people skills too!! But anyways, I feel really sorry for the man trampled! and for his family! but at the same time, i feel angry at all those people who just either stood there, or went on their way to shop for whatever they had to shop.. all those stupid selfish people! may they die soon too!!! all of them! that's all i have to saybtw if anything.. if you want to help.. please call your local OSHA office for information, or to report an incident that happens to any stores! that's the only way we can improve these stores..or shut them down for good! and start with Store 3502, Hamilton Ohio! call OSHA on them first for mistreating employees, most of the management has neither people nor social skills to be considered competent to work at Walmart.. or at any stores for that matter! Thank you!

Just a quick status update that I heard on the news, from what I can figure out the employee was letting in small amounts of people at a time, and as a result the crowd grew enraged. They broke the doors (took them off their hinges), and pushed the employee down in a mad frenzy of trying to get into the store. It's bad enough that this happened, but the fact that the crowd violated the guards decision of only letting certain people in, and the fact that they broke their way through a locked door to get into the building, makes this whole situation even worse...

There was another person who got shot in a Toys R Us. I can't even believe that somebody would bring a gun into a Toys R Us. I mean when you go shopping you usually bring your wallet, the keys to the car, and maybe something to drink on the way there, rather than a loaded shotgun.

There was another person who got shot in a Toys R Us. I can't even believe that somebody would bring a gun into a Toys R Us. I mean when you go shopping you usually bring your wallet, the keys to the car, and maybe something to drink on the way there, rather than a loaded shotgun.

I heard about this too. Two women were fighting over something or another (probably some toy that there was only one left and their children really wanted). So the fight got a little out of hand and both of the women's husbands' got involved. And of course both husband's had a loaded gun on them and they pulled them both out and shot each other. Now both men are dead. I hope that their children enjoy their lovely christmas present of not having a father anymore, because that was totally worth that discounted toy right?

"Oh a dead husband? Yeah that's a bargain for this toy, it's normally $30."

Its really stupid when people get raged for having a privilage to get discounted items. Some of them don't care what they have got do, they want to get their items! Not to mention about the economy... where do these people get their money from???As for security, I feel that Walmart should hire a few extra security personel in their stores, and consider using a ticket system like Best Buy, so that people can get in in an organized and civilized fashion.

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

There really are no words to express how I feel on this topic, This is just horrible it makes me ashamed to live here. I will never shop on that day. Mine or anyone elses life for that matter is way to important than saving a few bucks. I try not to even leave the house on that day.

Because people are naturally greedy. Reminds me of when some garage in London were giving out free fuel. Brought out the worst in everyone...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7599639.stm

Black Friday sounds terrible though - all those people queuing up just to get a few quid off some merchandise (although I suppose I should have guessed that it's terrible - the clue is in the name). I'm glad we don't have it over here...

That's the key word Electriic ink, Greedy. For what? because they did not open the doors fast enought for them to get there booty and go. what really made it so bad was there this guy was laying there, EMT's trying to save his life and the crowed kept going and bumping into the EMTs.