xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ilzwalrus

Ms Paint Tricks A bunch of little known tricks

Wow there's some cool stuff there. I have to admit I did already know a few of those tricks but some of the ones (especially the custom brush feature) are cool and new to me. Sure I probably will never use them (I'm a photoshop addict) but it's always nice to know.

Wow, I never knew that you could have custom brush/eraser/line sizes/thicknesses. I also never knew about the transparency feature on selected regions (the two boxes that appear when you use the selection tools). And on top of that, I didn't know the trick with the eraser! I've many times been annoyed with having to manually click the paint bucket on so many small sections (for example a diagonal line like in the example). The grid too looks like it could come in handy, but when you've had it scaled to that size it's pretty easy to see where the pixel boundaries are. It's true, I'm not that knowledgeable in the art of MS Paint :)I just discovered another trick, that's probably somewhere on google. You can actually have three colours stored, aside from left click and right click, if you hold ctrl and choose a colour, it will be a third colour you can use (which is placed by again holding ctrl).

Wha? That was amazing! Yeah I already knew of the last trick w/ the scrollwheel because I noticed it when I ran Windaz®

The thing is, why hide these features? What is so important in them so they have to stay hidden from the newbie eye? Why is Microsoft doing that intentionally with every single Windows release? Why is the sky blue?...

Among the others these are the questions that interest me the most :)

I must say very cool finds, especially the replacement of the border color, that was the coolest :)

Well I do not think this was as amazing as some claim. Yes, paint is easy and free, but you have to be quite good to end up with something that does not look like something a 4 year old scrabled up in kindergarten. The only tool I could see myself using was the colour replacement tool, unfortunately I am not into pixling anymore. If you are drawing images from scratch using pixels then Paint is actually really good! Some use Photoshop, but come on if you are good with pixling you are able to create pretty much anything in Paint using the simplest functions. But I wish I knew that one function when I was doing it all the time, it would have saved me a lot of time.

I dont know, but I've tried the manual paintbrush enlargement command( ctrl+ num '+' or '_'), it doesnt work for laptop users... why?

Wow, that's pretty nice. I thought, well, what can you do with paint? Apparently more than I thought, since I was captivated the whole time, even until the end. Oh, and as far as doing the CTRL-+ thing, if your image is small enough, you can zoom to how you need it, and then do ALT+PrintScreen... I know that's not the optimum alternative, but if you cannot do it otherwise, I guess you have to do it like that. Also:

Wow there's some cool stuff there. I have to admit I did already know a few of those tricks but some of the ones (especially the custom brush feature) are cool and new to me. Sure I probably will never use them (I'm a photoshop addict) but it's always nice to know.

Which version of Windows are you using? Doesn't seem to work in Windows 7...
Edited by multfilm (see edit history)