xisto Community
contactskn

A Doubt Please Help

Dear friends I am new to this forum and eagerly waiting mycents to count around 10 dollars and start buying services from Xisto - Support. But till now I am not able to understand that in running such a good forum and paying for the postings out there to the members afterall what is the profit of Xisto how they earn I dont think they are advertising a lot on their forum As they claim they are going to provide a ad free hosting too. Then what is the way to earn or its a total non profit, serving type of a concern. Please friends help me out of this doubt. But any way I really appreciate such a good approach of Xisto group.?

When people reach the forums via a search engine they are presented with a version of the forums that contains a large number of adverts. You can see it here: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php/ Those ads obviously make money which can be put towards Xisto and providing hosting for all of us :) .

The other way money is made is from word of mouth, directing people to paid hosting. For example, if someone was to ask you where to get web hosting, you would recommend Xisto - Web Hosting (the paid version of Xisto) due to your good experiences with the hosting here. I have done it myself a few times, and that has of course directed customers to the parent company of both Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto.

When people reach the forums via a search engine they are presented with a version of the forums that contains a large number of adverts. You can see it here: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php/ Those ads obviously make money which can be put towards Xisto and providing hosting for all of us :) .

The other way money is made is from word of mouth, directing people to paid hosting. For example, if someone was to ask you where to get web hosting, you would recommend Xisto - Web Hosting (the paid version of Xisto) due to your good experiences with the hosting here. I have done it myself a few times, and that has of course directed customers to the parent company of both Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto.

I wasn't aware of the ads that are found when people get here from a search engine, but that's always good to know...

Anyway, I can vouch for the fact that word of mouth works. Over my time here I've directed three people to using the paid hosting (at Xisto - Web Hosting, they haven't got the time to post on the forums), merely because I've never had a bad experience with Xisto as a whole. Sure, there have been a few teething problems here and there in switching to new ways of doing things and so on, but overall they've been dealt with better and quicker than expected, and for a company that can do that, keep improving what it offers, and still provide a means of nigh-on flawless free hosting? I count that as a pretty first-rate service, and one that I'm more than happy to tell people about any day of the week.

While I'll confess to never having directly paid Xisto a cent, by keeping me happy with their hosting plans for free (and it likely cost them next to nothing, anyway) they've indirectly made three customers who pay regularly for their hosting. To be honest, I'm reaching the stage where even I'm considering paying a chunk to boot my earnings up to get my domain and plan, and supplementing it every so often, too. Give it a few more weeks and we'll see if I decide to take the plunge and actually pay for my hosting or not. :)

Hello contactskn, and welcome to Xisto! I'm sure you'll enjoy contributing, as well as getting many free things for posting that you never thought were possible, like a domain! lol :) Again welcome to trap 17, and stay ACTIVE. :)

Welcome to the forum contactskn.

How are you? 35 posts in no time is pretty good, hopefully they are not all very short posts. As you might now we do not appreciate too many short posts, or one-liners. Why? They are considered as spam, and most forums and places online do not fancy that at all. It is okay to make some of them, but just try to write the majority of your posts longer than just one-line. Haha, but do not worry it is not that important. Just have it in mind.

Please make sure to check out the help topic, and if you have any questions or worries then just ask. We have a lot of quite friendly members that are able to help you. The help topic is also an okay place to take a look before you create a new thread asking for help. :)

You have been a member here for... 3 days? You should register at https://support.xisto.com/ as that is the place you buy your hosting when you have earned enough cents. 100 cents = 1 dollar. Register with the same email as here on Trap. Your cents will be transferred automaticly when you have earned enough. You can also buy other services there such as domains.

I will shut up now and just wish you good luck. Nice to meet you and enjoy your stay!

Bluebear, Norway.

Hello contactskn, and welcome to Xisto! I see you have your mycent and everything taken care of so I won't say much on that topic but make sure you read all the announcements and stuff. I know Xisto sounds to good to be true but it is 100% awesome. They have there ways of making money I think there is a thread somewhere telling us how they provide such good hosting for free. Just hang around and check it out for yourself. It is truly a awesome host.