xisto Community
kudmus

Very Cheap Domain

Hey guys, can you please tell me where I can get a very cheap .net domain? I've heard I can buy a domain here so I want to know how and for how much. I just want to buy a domain and have it hosted here. Is it possible to use my same account that I'm using for the .trap17.com for this domain when I buy it?

.COM, .NET, .ORG are top-level domains cost 9.95$ these days so you can purchase them from MyCents if you want to. Other than that i think you can get domains for free if you purchase their HUGE plans. You can try domain registrars like idotz,ifindhost,domainsarefree(google them :) ) for more cheap options.

.COM, .NET, .ORG are top-level domains cost 9.95$ these days so you can purchase them from MyCents if you want to. Other than that i think you can get domains for free if you purchase their HUGE plans. You can try domain registrars like idotz,ifindhost,domainsarefree(google them :) ) for more cheap options.

After a quick flick through the various Logic Plans, it turns out the only one that comes with a free domain (for a year) is the Ideal Plan when you register it for a year ($126.00, or $222.00 for two years, but meh), so they're hardly cheap if you use that method.

I'd suggest earning enough myCENTs (around $15 worth), then registering your domain for about $10 along with your hosting. Sure, it takes a while, but in the long run you get the domain for a year and you can upgrade the hosting whenever you want (within reason :)), as you're only paying a few dollars worth of myCENTs every month. Failing that, you could try to earn up enough to pay for the hosting for a year, but that seems a little silly if you're not sure if you'll be using it for that long.

godaddy is your optional choice and which is my refer.i just dont know other registration but choose the larger one.. don't mind of money if you really hold a valuable site,if not,use free sub dns domain.like "yi.org".

Its not always about money i dont think, i use 123 reg and my domain (.co.uk) for 2 years cost me 6 quid, thats about 12 dollars i think. you should also consider the support you get too from where you buy it from, also if they give you access to full DNS control so you can point it where you like, ive heard some dont but will do it for you, probably when they get around to it) my domain comes with free parking and also a free web page. all these things are important when you buy a domain name.

Edited by wingman23 (see edit history)

Its not always about money i dont think, i use 123 reg and my domain (.co.uk) for 2 years cost me 6 quid, thats about 12 dollars i think. you should also consider the support you get too from where you buy it from, also if they give you access to full DNS control so you can point it where you like, ive heard some dont but will do it for you, probably when they get around to it) my domain comes with free parking and also a free web page. all these things are important when you buy a domain name.

yes sometimes it's not about the money but this time it is. I am a Zimbabwean who has no access to paypal, mastercard etc because of sunctions so money really affects my decission. If I am to ask a friend to do it for me then it has to be very cheap so that they wont really feel the pinch in their pocket

yes sometimes it's not about the money but this time it is. I am a Zimbabwean who has no access to paypal, mastercard etc because of sunctions so money really affects my decission. If I am to ask a friend to do it for me then it has to be very cheap so that they wont really feel the pinch in their pocket

As I'm getting around to buying my first domain here at Xisto - Web Hosting (well...technically a transfer, but they cost the same), I can certainly vouch for the fact that you won't find much better a deal than here. You don't have to spend real money, just make a handful of decent posts (about $10 worth, depending on the exact price at the time you get it, I think it went up from $9.95 to $9.99 recently, but don't quote me on that) and you've got yourself a domain for the year.
Seriously, there really isn't anything better for someone who's not willing to splash out too much (or have access to the ability to splash out too much) on buying the domain themselves.