xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RattugVesse

need advise on buying new car

Buying something like a car you have to do your research. Do not try and rush it. It's a big purchase so take your time to discover what sort of cars you like.q. What will the primary purpose of the car be?Will it just be a run-around car to get you to work and back? Or a do-er-uperer that you can work on, buy parts for and give a respray in the back yard. Will it be a sleek machine to pick up girls (does this even work?)Q. What is your budget? You need to know how much you can borrow and exactly what that will mean to your lifestyle. You must cost in loan repayments, rego, fuel, repairs etc. Cars cost a lot to run.By the way for a second hand car the margin on the car is better for the seller than a new car. Often they can give a huge discount and still make money when people take finance through the car yard. So go to a bank etc to get your loan and know how much you can borrow before you walk onto a lot.Learn how to bargain and play the sales game and don't be afraid to walk away. To get a realistic price find the red book or 'market price' of the car. One way to do this is to ring up and get a quote for car insurance with the car year and model and they will tell you what the market price is.When you have this figure i.e. $5000 and the seller is asking for $10000, offer somewhere in the middle. Offer less if there are high km's/miles on the car. Go to ebay or other sites that sell cars and get an idea of how much your model is selling for. This market research will help you choose and spend wisely.Ask for extras such as insurance, rego etc. Buying from a car lot will give you some sort of warranty. Extend this if you can.Also before you buy the car take the car to a registered car inspection place and get them to do a road worthiness check for you. the car should come with one but usually the car yard will use their own mechanic who may let certain items slip past. This way you can them to fix anything your guys find before you make the purchase.Go for a test drive in a few cars if you can and maybe get someone to take a picture of you in the car so you see how you look in it. It is a personal thing to buy a car so do your homework and maybe take someone more experienced than yourself such as a father, uncle or a friend in sales or a mechanic.Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.KJ

Yes, i can help you a lot really, i have a car, actually i have two cars, one nissan and one toyota, and the reason was not the price in order for me to buy them, the reason was the quality of the motor, performance, stability, space, et cetera, but those are the main issues or requisites for anyone to buy a car, in my opinion of course.As long as i know, from my experience mainly, and also from my knowledge from reading and seeing many magazines, articles, and actually beeing close to cars and see its goodies, i came to a conclusion, which many of my collegues and friends agree, japonese cars (Toyota, Nissan), plus Alfa Romeu and Mercedes, are the cars you may want to buy, and that is my first advice to you.I prefer Nissan, if i could, i would buy a Nissan Skyline, but i can not, not now anyway, but toyota or alfa romeu can do the job too, i mean, remember the requisites above, ok, this 3 cars will do the job, oh, and the mercedes too, but that is not a car for young and active persons, those are cars that will live many life times but, mercedes are for other kind of persons and jobs, if you now what i mean.

Hmm.. if you wish to buy a new car, I would suggest that you wait for several months because of the economy of the world. Many auto makers are on the verge of collapsing. Recently, it has become increasingly hard to tell whether a "car brand" is good or bad.If you do not need a car urgently, I suggest that you be patient and wait till the economy crisis has settled before getting a new car. This is just my humble opinion.

I reccommend buying an electric car like the tesla or something. I think it would be such a great feeling to run smoothly along on electricity and the performance level beats most petrol engines, only slightly less performance than the top-notch supercar engines and actually better torque and quicker off the mark.It's only a matter of time until electric cars have vastly overtaken the internal combustion engine. There is only so much tuning you can do to a fossil fuel engine to get the best out of it and that is what we see in formula one. You'll notice how much fuel it takes to run those engines too - a lot.You can charge the electric car up foe eight hours and it will run for 200 miles. The total cost for that? Less than a dollar and if you have solar or wind power on your house then it would be free.The oil companies have been supressing all these types of technology for years - they are onto too much of a good thing. But what they are doing is wrong and it cannot last forever.The next major crash will be in oil stocks. Alternative energy on a global scale is just around the corner - then it will no longer be "alternative" but the main source of energy.The suns rays produce 1 kilowatt hour per square metre on the ground, twentyfour hours a day seven days a week and will keep doing so long after we have evacuated this planet.There is also a permanent nuclear reaction going on inside our planet which would supply the whole human worlds power needs many times over. Iceland already usues it because it is close to the surface there. But there must be ways of drilling down far enough to where it is hot enough to produce steam to drive turbines to create electricity to charge your electric car.Seriously, research the electric side of things and esee what you are missing out on when you buy a petrol car!

hi everybodyI am going to buy a new car. Wish to have an up market model, but don't know for sure what to choose... Can smb advise me something?

I think you should buy an LPG car because it will give you better mileage than a Petrol or Diesel car would give, thus will save your money. You can also buy an electric car if you love your environment. Otherwise I would recommend you to choose from Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X or Honda Civic or Honda Civic Hybrid. All these cars are amazing. Probably the best in their segment. Don't forget to take a test drive from buying any car.