xisto Community
Tsukimoon

Sis-in-law Trying To Get Me To Skip College *tears hair out*

After all of the crying and worrying that I wouldn't be able to go to college, I realized that I finally had the chance to and took it.But my sis-in-law is making it a pain.She started the time she hit a deer. So the headlights weren't working well sometime afterward. Why should I be the only one forced to skip a class so that we can get home early? And if they were so bad, why didn't we take the other car? I knew car troubles weren't the reason, but I still did what she said because of fear of being kicked out. (I asked my last class instructor to 'let' me go home early.)Then I realized why she did it - she wanted to go home early to tag along with her mother to a routine doctor's appointment. What nerve!Today she claimed that she wasn't doing anything "important" in class and so she stayed home. Now she's trying to get me to stay home Wednesday because she thinks that its not important to go. (Au contraire, I find every day vital.)I am NOT going to lose my 4.0 because of her. Yet I feel like I owe them anything because my husband and I can't find jobs well enough to pay to get us out of here. I already sacrifice tons by doing whatever they want, including doing more than 60% of all chores daily.I want to get out of here so that this won't drive me crazy anymore! Somebody pray for me, please. :)

STAY IN COLLEGE!! Keep that 4.0 GPA of yours. One of my favorite quotes, "An investment for college is an investment for the future." With that GPA of yours, I am sure you will master your major and become very successful. Don't be dragged down by your sister- n-law. I hope this helped. =)

How about being direct with her about what your plans are and what your goals are. If you are not clear about them get down on your hands and knees and get it sorted out. I am sure you will receive some Divine guidance about what you should be doing.If you communicate directly with others about exactly what you are doing and the reasons why then they will find it harder to drag you down when they don't have a plan. If you don't have work then redouble your efforts in getting work. make a plan as to hjow you will get your own place. Set some dates to make thinhs happen by. When you set a date you set things in motion and direct your efforts to making it happen. You gain some momentum and things will start to happen.If you pray then pray with faith expecting an anser and looking for the opportunities around you. When they come reach out and grab them, take a chance and just make it happen.Other people may not have a plan but that doesn't mean you have to let them drag you down. Don't feel guilty or manipulated. If they want you to leave they will tell you plainly.Remember you and your goals are important so you don't need to apologise for them. Plan the work and work the plan.KJ

It doesn't seem like your sister's fault for causing you trouble... she just doesn't understand your plans and convictions. Talk to her and make sure she understands how important it is and how hard you've worked to go to college... and keep it up. I'm sure you'll be really successful in college and in the future.