xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BlueInkAlchemist

If You Don't Find The Guild You Like... About World of Warcraft Guilds

Some advice I once got from a fellow writer: "If you can't find the book you want to read on the store shelves, write it."Does the same thing apply to guilds?I've been trying to find a guild that has the right balance of casual PvE and mature RP. Since leaving one after disagreeing with some officers' leadership style (though I still adore my old GL) and the collapse of another, most guilds seem to be a cavalcade of mediocrity. I know a lot of work would have to go into starting and maintaining a guild, but if I can make it work and found the kind of atmosphere I and others are craving, it might be more than worth it.What has your experience been?

If you are a serious, online every day, gamer then it could work out for you, either that or you need 2 or 3 good friends who can be assistant GL/GMs with you so if you arent online they are like the deputy GL/GM.Also consider you may need a website (PM me if so, its what i do :) For a price lol) and you'll need to extensively recruit new members at the start to build up a base of 50 or so, at which point you could start looking for officers and then give the members the ability to recruit and expand that way.Alternatively keep looking for a current guild to join. It all depends on your style of play, i for one couldnt be bothered to make a guild because im a casual gamer really and dont have the dedication to do it! but if you are a "serious" gamer it might work out for you, best thing to do is get a band of online friends who are interested in the same thing and work together, you as the GM/GL and them as officers

First of all, go to guildportal.com and see the guilds that is currently active and learn on how they are managed. Guild isnt like writing books as guilds is about members, social and teamwork.I used to have a end-game raiding guild in WoW as well as a couple of guild in some other MMO. The guild i had in WoW last for 2 years until i officially stopped WoWing. The only advice i can give you is choose your members wisely and do not do blind invites. Get a website running for promotion purpose. Dont make the site too flashy, whats important is to spread the words of your upcoming guild. Most important of all, set a good example in the guild, be fair to everyone else as a good guild leader boost your members morale alot and they will be in your guild longer.