xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Height Vs Weight what is best for you

Okay here is something to think about. I am 5 feet 3 inches tall. weight as of today was 120pounds. Do you think thats too skinny? Some may think so for a man. But at one time with the same heighth my weight was 145lbs and I felt slow and sluggish. What is the best weight for someone my size? anyone have a idea? I would think it would be what makes you feel the best.

According to the height-weight chart released by the Food Standards Agency, you are currently at your ideal weight. 145lbs just put you on the border between ideal and overweight, so it is understandable that you would have felt slightly sluggish at that weight. However, anything under 105lbs and you would be underweight.Having said all that, I agree with you. As long as you are generally healthy and happy with yourself, then that's good.

Seeing as I am 135 pounds and close to 5' 10" I would say you are healthy. I am on the skinny side but considered health, at least last time I checked.

yeah those charts never take in muscle weight though, fat weighs considerably less than muscle mass (I blieve 1/4th the weight...) so as you gain more muscle you can become "overweight" by those standards, percisely because they take into account average muscle to fat ratio and consider that normal. If you want to gain a few pounds and not feel sluggish try some intensive training. The key if lifting weights is do small amounts (something you consider just a little hard) for extended reps, the more reps you do the more stamina you will have. If you want to gain weight then instead lift larger amounts (recomend someone to spot you too) and just do that weight until you can do it ~20 times in a row. This will cause greater damage to the muscle tissue and this will result in a larger muscle overall hence more weight too. Both of these take commitment though so if you like where you are at then that is all that matters, if not you might want to start one of these types of programs(remember never do the same exercise two days in a row, always space them out over a period of time).

Gosh, you guys are a bunch of light weights! :) Ok, last time I was down to 120 all my friends thought I was sick and dying. I did look like a bean pole. You could count my ribs. And I'm only an inch taller than you. While I am not about to divulge my current buldge, let it sufice to say it's a lot more than 135 pounds. I do wish I weighed a lot less, but I've had all this fat for a very long time and it is very attatched to me. It just doesn't want to leave.

Six foot, 175 to 185 pounds. I feel the sluggish part at 185. Although I stay physically active, the waistline ain't quite the same as it used to be... know what I mean?

Hi guys,

I'm 165cm and I've always being a skinny guy and underweight pretty much all my life, back in December 2008, I used to weigh only an alarming 44kgs (96.8lbs), through proper weight training and nutrition I've gained 8kgs of muscle. Today I'm 52kgs (114.4lbs). I have a number of medical conditions, (gluten + lactose intollerace & low GH count), despite all those hurdles, I'm extremely happy with the progress I've made so far, my ultimate goal weight would be to weigh 60kgs.

-reply by Shammika